What’s The HR Record in Baseball?

Why were his at bats so much lower? Was his career quite a bit shorter?
15 years or so, but I’m guessing lots of injuries with his games played totals

Why were his at bats so much lower? Was his career quite a bit shorter?
He missed significant portions of a number of seasons with injuries? Only had more than 400 AB in 9 of 17 seasons. And sorry for spelling his name incorrectly in the table.

Bonds holds the record until MLB says he doesn't. They turned a blind eye to it while it was happening, so they own it.

I'm disregarding drug use. I don't think it matters who was or was not on drugs because I think most of them were. I think a player's drug use, alleged or otherwise, should not be held against them.
So there should be NO consequences for Cheating?

It’s 62 for me.

Bonds at 73. What's even more amazing is he was intentionally walked like 200 times that year.

So there should be NO consequences for Cheating?
Was he ever convicted of drug use or cheating? I ask because I don't follow baseball at all, but I thought he was convicted of obstruction or perjury or something like that. Wasn't this like a decade ago though. Honest question.

Bonds at 73. What's even more amazing is he was intentionally walked like 200 times that year.
He was only intentionally walked 35 times that year

His OBP for a 5 or 6 year stretch there was insane. Not only the intentional walks, but all the walks because nobody really wanted to pitch to him.

Regardless of the steroid stuff, he's the best hitter I've every seen, and it's not really close. I can't stand really anything about the guy, but what a hitter.

His OBP for a 5 or 6 year stretch there was insane. Not only the intentional walks, but all the walks because nobody really wanted to pitch to him.

Regardless of the steroid stuff, he's the best hitter I've every seen, and it's not really close. I can't stand really anything about the guy, but what a hitter.
Agree not really a Barry fan but he was the best in this era.

Back