What’s The HR Record in Baseball?

Bonds

Don’t bring the juiced ball era in.
When Maris set the record players were using steroids and corked bats. No proof he specifically did, but wouldn't be shocked because they weren't looking. There's been cheating since the sport was invented.

I didn’t say he wasn’t. 98 was a magical year for baseball.

I really don’t care who holds the record - nothing will compare to the McGwire/Sosa battle.
Except the guy who beat them. 😜

73 > 70 > 62 > 61

Roger Maris..

Bonds, without a doubt. He holds the record.

Babe Ruth’s 60 in a 154 game season without friendly fences.

I hate it, but its Bonds. However, there should absolutely be an asterisk to reference roid era.

Judge at 62. Can’t recognize someone who didn’t even try to hide his steroid use.

Bonds for both single season and career.

As much as I don't want to say it, Bonds has it. While he did it using HGH, he still did it. I think he is one of the most talented hitters of all time, someone couldn't have hit 73 homers without talent. It's a shame he and all the others decided to do what they did, but it's part of baseball's history. "THE ROID ERA".

I do think Judge's record last year is amazing, especially doing it clean. I was rooting for him so hard, it felt like the late 90s. Can Shohei beat it??

Bonds - 73

762 Bonds
Followed by 755 Aaron

main-qimg-e7c7bf5ef01f21d5c1ed9792fd8dcfc5.jpeg.jpg

Bonds.
Yes, played in one of the the many historic juiced ball eras but so did lots of other players.

Judge at 62. Can’t recognize someone who didn’t even try to hide his steroid use.
100% guarantee Judge didnt do it natural.

Bonds.
Yes, played in one of the the many historic juiced ball eras but so did lots of other players.
If everyone is cheating, then it's a level playing field.

Watching guys like Altuve and Albies absolutely rake, there is more to HRs than muscle mass.

Watching guys like Altuve and Albies absolutely rake, there is more to HRs than muscle mass.
Yes. The ball has been juiced throughout history in different decades. Completely even playing fields. The ball has always been a bigger factor than anything.
The steroids biggest help is the ability to help players heal from minor injuries. Eliminating prolonged slumps is huge

You assume EVERYONE is cheating when its probably not as many as you would think.

The answer is Hank Aaron but most people think of Bonds.

The sad part is that Bonds Didn't have to cheat he was already one of the best.

You assume EVERYONE is cheating when its probably not as many as you would think.

The answer is Hank Aaron but most people think of Bonds.

The sad part is that Bonds Didn't have to cheat he was already one of the best.
Im a cyclist, and a big fan of professional cycling. Pro sports...everyone is cheating, just most arent getting caught.

It's bonds...he wasn't the only one doing it. He is the best player of our generation by a lot, if not the best player of all time. And I can't stand him.
Didn't like him at all but his hitting was just amazing.

Back