What’s The HR Record in Baseball?

70. Bonds doesn’t count. McGwire does because I saw a lot of those in person and the ‘98 home run race saved baseball.
Bonds doesn't count because he was juicing, but McGuire's juiced HR count is OK?

Hank Aaron, in my mind it has to be a clean record.

Bonds has the record

Barry. Too bad it's tainted, because it's an incredible number.

Bonds the book says so. We can debate the circumstances forever. Park size, mound height, legal amphetamine usecb etc, every era had its issues.

The season and career record holder is Barry Bonds.

Bonds has it- while I may not like it I think it's what is recongized.

I can't make an argument that it's not Barry Bonds for home runs on a season and in a career.

Ahhhhh the wonderful steroid era and the blind eye turned on it by Selig. Bonds 73 with an *

Ahhhhh the wonderful steroid era and the blind eye turned on it by Selig. Bonds 73 with an *
The entire history of baseball has been riddled with performance enhancing drugs and asterisk worthy accomplishments.

It's Bonds, both single season and career. If there was an asterisk for every different era due to steroids, pitching mound height, juiced ball, etc then the books would be meaningless.

Bonds.

Everyone was on the juice, he was just better than all of them.
It's that simple. Steroids dont help you have excellent hand/eye coordination. Obviously his strength increased but he was already a great hitter

And like you mentioned he was going against equally juiced pitchers so I see it as fair game. I cant stand Bonds as a person but to deny what he did in the game of baseball is just stupid. He cheated against other cheaters

Baseball did nothing to stop juicing because it was great for the game and even when McGwire was taking Andro it was not banned by MLB

Bonds has both records. 73 and 762

It's Bonds, both single season and career. If there was an asterisk for every different era due to steroids, pitching mound height, juiced ball, etc then the books would be meaningless.

It's Bonds. He was far from the only person juicing but he was the only one putting up stupid numbers.
I largely agree with you because yes his numbers were insanely stupid. and stood above all others by far But its so funny to look back at players who had "mediocre" careers and see a year or two of crazy inflated stats.

My favorite one of these: Brady Anderson. I just rechecked his stats. 15 years career and he had only 3 season above 20 HRs.. A year of 21 hr, 24 hr, and a 50 HR YEAR! Haha hmmm 💉💉💉

I largely agree with you because yes his numbers were insanely stupid. and stood above all others by far But its so funny to look back at players who had "mediocre" careers and see a year or two of crazy inflated stats.

My favorite one of these: Brady Anderson. I just rechecked his stats. 15 years career and he had only 3 season above 20 HRs.. A year of 21 hr, 24 hr, and a 50 HR YEAR! Haha hmmm 💉💉💉
Just take a moment to look at the pitchers. It's better to assume EVERY player was juicing. That's more likely than only a few players were juicing.

Just take a moment to look at the pitchers. It's better to assume EVERY player was juicing. That's more likely than only a few players were juicing.
Better to assume? More likely?
Don't buy that every player was doing so.

It's bonds...he wasn't the only one doing it. He is the best player of our generation by a lot, if not the best player of all time. And I can't stand him.

If Ohtani got here a little earlier he would have blow by Bonds. What he is doing is insanity, pitching and hitting..... 1000 OPS with 200 Ks (pitching) 32.7 WAR in 6 season is insanity.

Better to assume? More likely?
Don't buy that every player was doing so.
Better may not be the right word. Easier, might be better. I think the amount of high level players who were on juice is a lot higher than we may want to know. I think the number of players who at one point in their careers were taking something illegal or banned would really surprise and sadden people.

Better may not be the right word. Easier, might be better. I think the amount of high level players who were on juice is a lot higher than we may want to know. I think the number of players who at one point in their careers were taking something illegal or banned would really surprise and sadden people.
So it went from EVERY player to high level players?
Im so confused.

While I think more than got caught were a part of it, I think its pretty odd to jump to every player.

I’m not saddened by it, athletes are all entertainers/gladiators. Take whatever you need to in order to fully entertain the audience. Nothing brings people into baseball like massive home runs.

Last edited:
1691161058628.png

Back