What’s The HR Record in Baseball?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously it’s not hard to read the record books, but what do you consider the HR record in baseball?

70. Bonds doesn’t count. McGwire does because I saw a lot of those in person and the ‘98 home run race saved baseball.

73. Judge’s 62 means something though and was certainly special.

It's Bonds. I watched those games and even though he was juiced to the gills (as was McGwire and Sosa) i have never , ever seen a batter be so terrifying at the plate. It wasn't just the power, he was a smart, patient hitter.

Judge's 62 is very impressive, and it's possible he's totally clean....but even if he is he is also like 7'3 and 296 lbs.

So is a clean guy who is larger than Paul Bunyan more impressive than a smaller guy who ingested horse testosterone?

It's not for me to decide.

I’d say 73, but I would have had to look it up to confirm the number, so I’m going:

1691106346335.jpeg

• Admin

Don’t bring the juiced ball era in.

Bonds. Baseball can’t hide from what it essentially fostered for years. He sent a whole lot of those off of juiced up pitchers.

73. MLB recognizes Bonds’ HRs as legit. So that’s the record

70. Bonds doesn’t count. McGwire does because I saw a lot of those in person and the ‘98 home run race saved baseball.
I love Big Mac and what the ‘98 race did for baseball. But McGwire and Bonds are in the same category in this regard.

Bonds.

Mac was juiced too.

73- Bonds

Mac was juiced too.
I didn’t say he wasn’t. 98 was a magical year for baseball.

I really don’t care who holds the record - nothing will compare to the McGwire/Sosa battle.

I recognize Bonds.

It's bonds...he wasn't the only one doing it. He is the best player of our generation by a lot, if not the best player of all time. And I can't stand him.

It's bonds...he wasn't the only one doing it. He is the best player of our generation by a lot, if not the best player of all time. And I can't stand him.

during that stretch he was absolutely amazing. Guy would see 1 pitch to hit a game, and he’d demolish it.

Bonds.

Everyone was on the juice, he was just better than all of them.

Bonds. I get he was juiced but that’s what MLB allowed and let happen. Everyone knew it was going on.

Interesting that everyone so far defaulted to the single season HR record. I immediately thought of the all time HR record. Hank Aaron. Just because those running MLB don’t have a spine, doesn’t mean I have to follow.

Interesting that everyone so far defaulted to the single season HR record. I immediately thought of the all time HR record. Hank Aaron. Just because those running MLB don’t have a spine, doesn’t mean I have to follow.

yeah I instantly went to the single season mark. But the answer is still the same. Bonds.

It's Bonds. He was far from the only person juicing but he was the only one putting up stupid numbers.

Back