What are you building? (Club style)

The pro at the place I was at was a big KBS advocate and he said he doesn't ever put in a KBS without spline aligning it

I hear opinions in both directions on the spine alignments, I have a golf buddy that swears he can tell a huge difference in those that are or are not aligned. There might be a point somewhere on any shaft that could possibly flex a tad more than the rest but will it make a huge change in what your final result is??? There is so much that could improve my game and is it worth the cost to spin each shaft? I'm just that sold into the idea because to me if this were true why would the shaft maker mark that point for you and prove this point to be correct or not?

Think I'm going to build a weighted club this weekend. OW is too long for my home setup at times.

Pete and I had that conversation the other day. I pretty much said the same thing.

Yep, when graphite was new and steel shafts were just pushed out there, there were definitely issues. But now, I bet if you took 10 shafts and had 5 aligned and 5 not an average golfer wouldn't tell a lick of difference.

The pro at the place I was at was a big KBS advocate and he said he doesn't ever put in a KBS without spline aligning it

What I see is that many seem to still do it a) because they always have (and used to truly benefit from it), or b) its something they make money off of so of course they recommend it. Tolerances are 1000 times better than they used to be, and I think too much is put into it to be honest, but some golfers are mental and thats a large part of "why it works", and thats cool too.

Got a fun project this weekend, though I'm still not 100% sure which way I'm going to go.

Thanks to forum member JonD, I've got a pretty Kusala Blue 61S with an R1 adapter. The adapter needs to come off and that will be a first time job for me. A bit nervous about that, though I've got the tools - puller (thanks Speedliner) and torch or heat gun. Any advice? How does the heat not melt the adapter?

Then, I either pull the shaft from the Altitude (my first choice) or I pull the adapter off a shaft for the 588 Custom. Hmmmm.

Got a fun project this weekend, though I'm still not 100% sure which way I'm going to go.

Thanks to forum member JonD, I've got a pretty Kusala Blue 61S with an R1 adapter. The adapter needs to come off and that will be a first time job for me. A bit nervous about that, though I've got the tools - puller (thanks Speedliner) and torch or heat gun. Any advice? How does the heat not melt the adapter?

Then, I either pull the shaft from the Altitude (my first choice) or I pull the adapter off a shaft for the 588 Custom. Hmmmm.

The adapter wont melt but the fop ferrule cover part will. I use a little less heat because its not as thick as a club hosel.

The adapter wont melt but the fop ferrule cover part will. I use a little less heat because its not as thick as a club hosel.

Recommend the heat gun then?

Perfect.

A roberts puller is possibly the smartest golf related purchase I have ever made

Got all the stuff finally rounded up or shipped for my 3-iron build. Hope to get worked on in the next couple of days.

Here's the tester I put together last night.

dunu7yha.jpg

Hawk, have you had a chance to try this out yet? What are your thoughts on the shaft?

Hawk, have you had a chance to try this out yet? What are your thoughts on the shaft?

I have. Both outside and on a launch monitor.

Liked it quite a bit. Nice smooth feel in the swing. Pretty interesting kick at impact that I hadn't experienced before. Not a bad thing by any means.

I saw very similar peformance to my Tour 90's. Like an average of 1mph more ball speed and similar launch/spin numbers, which is basically the same as saying no difference since there are so many variables there. Nice high ball flight, easy to swing.

I have. Both outside and on a launch monitor.

Liked it quite a bit. Nice smooth feel in the swing. Pretty interesting kick at impact that I hadn't experienced before. Not a bad thing by any means.

I saw very similar peformance to my Tour 90's. Like an average of 1mph more ball speed and similar launch/spin numbers, which is basically the same as saying no difference since there are so many variables there. Nice high ball flight, easy to swing.

Sounds pretty good to me. I just recent get the chance to hit a SpeedBlade 6 Iron with the stock graphite stiff shaft and it has me thinking about doing a reshaft to a graphite shaft iron shaft in one of my irons. I think im going to have to look into getting one of those shafts and try it out!

Sounds pretty good to me. I just recent get the chance to hit a SpeedBlade 6 Iron with the stock graphite stiff shaft and it has me thinking about doing a reshaft to a graphite shaft iron shaft in one of my irons. I think im going to have to look into getting one of those shafts and try it out!

There are a bunch of singles on eBay - both .355 and .370 - for very good prices. There is also a 100g version out there.

Miya white to the Adams/TM adapter tonight after I conclude some testing on other things today. Excited to try that this coming week.

I forgot how amazing that Kusala series looks in person until I saw that Blue last night. I'm super excited to try that thing out.

A roberts puller is possibly the smartest golf related purchase I have ever made

This is something I am medium to very interested in acquiring at some point over the next year.

Not only do I hate paying for getting shafts pulled, I genuinely do not trust my local shops to complete it properly.

This is something I am medium to very interested in acquiring at some point over the next year.

Not only do I hate paying for getting shafts pulled, I genuinely do not trust my local shops to complete it properly.

And beyond that, you have the ultimate excuse of necessity as well. We tend to review shafts here as well.

And beyond that, you have the ultimate excuse of necessity as well. We tend to review shafts here as well.

I've heard that is the case from time to time.. heh...

Wonderful excuses.

I bought a roberts puller and am really happy i did. Takes the worry out of over heating a graphite shaft when removing it. Also the cost of getting the work done is rediculous so it has easily paid for itself already. Just buy one Dan, you wont regret it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And gives me another excuse to come down your way and play some golf and get some work done..haha

Back