What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played a Z-star today, 2014 version. I need to try the new ones, but I'm just not a believer that the price difference is worth it right now.

Loved the Z today though.

Played a Z-star today, 2014 version. I need to try the new ones, but I'm just not a believer that the price difference is worth it right now.

Loved the Z today though.

but the new ones come with an extra sleeve.

Played the super soft today. Nothing really stood out to me.

I played a range ball today. Felt pretty hard. Didn't always fly like I wanted it to. Felt short my 4 iron threw driver all went about 200 yards. Can't wait till I can get the weather and time to play a real ball.

I played the B330S and was really impressed. I've been playing used/5A RBZ Urethane balls for several months now and saw essentially the same distance, but a little more control around the greens. The course I was playing had the greens completely rebuilt last season and are really hard. I was able to get the Bridgestones to stop quicker, regardless of the shot (pitch, chip, etc) compared to the RBZ Urethane. I don't know if it's a fair comparison since the B330S's were brand new and the RBZ Urethanes were used, but I will give them some more side by side comparison over the next few rounds.

I also plan plan to compare the B330S with the B330 as well, and I want to try them all on a course with greens in more normal condition.

Nike 20XI-X. Underrated in my opinion. Not the greatest feel but performance is great.

Srixon Z star XV, awesome flight and soft feel. the spin was not enough, but that being said the greens were just punched last week. So that will probably equate part of that. Overall I liked the ball, will play it again next round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro V1, love this years version.

Played a 2011 Pro V1 today. What can I say that you haven't heard? Only odd thing...

...was on the last hole, a par 5. Hit a 3 hybrid to the green into the wind and the ball hit and stuck like a dart on the chipping area about one foot short of the green. I thought I was going to get some roll onto the green....

I did a side by side comparison during a round today between the current B330, B330-S, and the B330-RX. They are all great balls and I think the RX was the straightest for me, but was also the shortest. I didn't see a difference between the B330 and B330-S, but liked the added spin of the S version I saw on approach shots and around the green. I had one approach shot land, pop back, and then spin back. I am going to test them over a few more rounds, but I'm leaning toward the B330-S as my new gamer.

Played the new e6. Had a few really nice shots roll off the back of the green. 195 par 3 slight up hill into the wind. Played a high fade 5 iron. Landed in the middle of the green and it rolled off the back. The other I don't blame on the ball as much. 3h into the green on a par 5 but with the wind behind me. I like this ball just wish it had some more check on the green. Seems like the added roll they put in this year for the fairway carries over into longer iron approach shots as well.

I've been playing the Bridgestone e6 all year but excited to try the Callaway Chrome Soft today. Will report back this afternoon.

Chrome+ for me yesterday. Still holds up as a very solid ball. Spins nicely on iron shots and around the green, and has solid, distance and durability. I only wish it was a bit softer - hence why my next load of balls will likely be either B330-RX, Chrome Soft, or FG Tour.

Chrome + for me too. Love that ball!

First round with the Chrome Soft. I gotta say it's one of the more impressive balls I've gamed in a long time. Very durable, feels great at contact and I love the green side action I get out of it. One thing I need to get used to is the ball just shoots off the face of the putter. But all in all, a very solid ball and I will be picking some up in the near future

Bridgestone B330 RXS, today. Think I prefer the regular RX to this one.

2015 e5 was in play for me today. Guess I'm getting over it not being yellow.

For the price point, I'm not sure there's a better ball for me. Just solid in all aspects.

The newer 330 rx.. freaking love them

Hydrocore really is awesome.
For real. ..saw some really solid iron distances for me that I hadn't seen in awhile

New Pro V1, just a fantastic ball all the way around, especially around the greens.

FG Tour....I think I'm liking this ball quite a bit.

FG Tour....I think I'm liking this ball quite a bit.

I need to hit one of these, I've been hearing really good things about them.

I need to hit one of these, I've been hearing really good things about them.
Dude I would t say I'm a high spin guy around the green, so I cant speak to the spin but they hold much like the 330 when hit into the greens.

Back