What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played both a Callaway ERC and a Bridgestone BXS. For feel off the tee, preferred the Bridgestone. For spin and stickiness on the green, Callaway was better. Oddly, I tend to play yellow balls to help find them when I'm inevitably off the beaten path. Callaway's ERC was easier to spot, as it looks like a bit more green mixed with the yellow color and it really stands out in the grass and on the fairway

Going back and forth between the Bridgestone RX and RXS. I like the feel of the RXS. The RX seems to perform better in the wind. Will likely alternate between them both all season with the RX getting more play on windy days.

Srixon Z Star - 👎

Not for me on a good day, definitely not for me with a crap swing in 25mph winds

Just started to play a Srixon Q.star for senior golfers. Not sure if I'm 100% sold yet. The Titleist still goes farther . But I do like the yellow balls better I can track it better

Been playing the Volvik Vivid XT in white. It's the most comfortable I've felt with a ball since the original Bridgestone E-6 ball. I like the way it feels coming off the club, not too firm but solid.

I bought some TM TP5 Pix balls to use on my Skytrak so I don’t have to worry about lining up the logo. I really liked them. Great spin and good distance. What sealed it was I was able to get a 240 yard 3 iron shot to stop on the green fairly quickly for a 3 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the new avx today. It’s better than previous versions but still not the spin around the green of the prov1 for me.

My most recent round was with the Z-Star XV's. I am thinking I am going to give the new Bridgestone tour B RXS's a try.

I played the Bridgestone E12 soft green. I got then mainly for a early spring ball but came away impressed overall. They are long, straight and feel good off the putter without feeling like a marshmallow.

My next round of golf will be with one of the new Bridgestone balls. Have a dozen of the black and the blue. Prob game the blue S for the next round.

For a guy with a Titleist bag, this is hard to say, but....

Top Flite Gamer.

They changed from Surlyn to Urethane covers on these, and as inexpensive as they are, they now play like premium balls.

Nothing like the Top Flite that Spalding made back in the seventies, although frankly, I liked that ball too back then.
They had good synergy with Spalding Executive irons.

OnCore Avant (1st Gen). Played my best round on my local 9 today with that ball. Not bad for a slightly muddy track with recently aerated greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 Tour B RX. Low driver spin, good iron spin, descent medium feel, great from 30 yards and in.

After giving away a few of the Cut Red, I played it today.

Mehhhhhhhhhh, they got donated out.

Truvis, and triple track and I’m loving both. I get more distance with a truvis than I do with titelist for some reason.

For a guy with a Titleist bag, this is hard to say, but....

Top Flite Gamer.

They changed from Surlyn to Urethane covers on these, and as inexpensive as they are, they now play like premium balls.

Nothing like the Top Flite that Spalding made back in the seventies, although frankly, I liked that ball too back then.
They had good synergy with Spalding Executive irons.

The new gamer is 3 piece and has a Soft Ionomer cover.

Tour B RX. This ball along with the entire line up are awesome!!!

Srixon Z Star. I’m not really sure shy I have to keep saying this

BStone Tour XS. Shot a great round and had really nice control of the ball in all aspects. Feels great through the bag, hit some healthy drives. Had no issues flighting the ball on a quite windy day. VERY impressed! Will try the X version in my next round.

most recent round was played with a BX that I hit OB on the 6th hole of my last round and finished off with the Soft Feel...love the BX...HATE losing one...I thought I was leaning toward the e6 soft vs the soft feel but been hitting the Soft Feels a bunch and those are my favorite cheap ball.

Used the Titleist AVX today, that thing is nice. The feel is amazing. Might be better than the ProV???

I hit 8 different balls in testing. Does that count? Lol

Mizuno RB Tour. 4 birds today and 4 other very makeable misses.

I'd dismissed this ball almost a year ago, disgusted by their poor durability. But the fact is, I card more birdies with it than any other ball. Very long and checks really well for me, really a sort of intuitive blend for my game.

Incidentally, this latest dozen has been just fine as to durability. I think this was my 4th dozen and they've gone good, bad, bad, good.

Grabbed 2 more, hoping for good, good, there.

I hit 8 different balls in testing. Does that count? Lol
And which one was your favorite? Inquiring minds want to know!

Back