What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a fun round with MaryC today and used her scoring system. I ended up shooting a bunch of smiley faces, some with noses and eye lashes, a bluebird, a piss ant, and a couple pigs. We had a bunch of mulligans thus the amount of smileys.

you have gotta elaborate on the scoring hahaha sounds interesting

It was a bad day. Even though the putting, irons, driver and score were bad, those didn't cause the bad day. We got to the club and learned that a friend had had a massive heart attack and passed away early this morning. We enjoyed many rounds together where I learned he came up dirt poor and he was a Marine and how he started his own business and done quiet well and most of all, how he loved to make the putt that would beat "The Judge", his closest friend. Harold encouraged me to get my knee replaced because we had both hobbled around for years before he got his new knee a year before me. He gave me the incentive to get out walking the course again after surgery, he kept telling me it would take six weeks so I worked enough to walk 18 in five and a half weeks. Harold just grinned. He was a plain spoken man, he putted from 20 yards off the green to keep from having to chip, he walked even when everyone else rode and I will miss him.

Condolences to you, his family and all of his friends. I'm sure once the shock and the mourning passes, you'll savor the good times. Sounds like he was one heckuva guy. So sorry for your loss but I appreciate your sharing how you felt about him.

RIP.

41-38=79. Bad ball striking day with everything but my driver. Had an eagle & 2 birdies. Eagle was on the driveable par 4, 6th hole. Drove the green and made a 30 footer. The 2 birdies were on the short par 5, 14th and short par 4, 16th.

Doubled the 1st, 9th, and 10th holes.

Didn't hit my irons well, and I putted & chipped poorly. Bleh. But it was my first round in a month and wanted to play before the 2ball "Shamble" we have next weekend. Everyone tees off, pick the best drive and everyone plays their own ball the rest of the way in. then count two of the four balls after the hole is complete. We've won this tourney the past 4yrs. Always a great time before overseed!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Well today was a good day. Shot an 82 at Hobbs Hole in Tappahannock, VA. Best round I have had in a long time. Felt Great!!!

Shot an 86 today with 33 putts. Hit 5 straight greens on the back and miss all the birdie putts. Putts were burning the edge but not dropping. overall an OK round.

Shot 84 yesterday, 44/40, with 38(!!) putts. I had: 1 triple, 1 double, 9 bogeys, 5 pars, and 2 birdies. Four 3 putts and only two 1 putts. Hit the ball pretty well but scored terribly and could not putt to save my life.

Condolences to you, his family and all of his friends. I'm sure once the shock and the mourning passes, you'll savor the good times. Sounds like he was one heckuva guy. So sorry for your loss but I appreciate your sharing how you felt about him.

RIP.

He was a good man and will be missed by many.

Shot a +3 75 today, and then followed up with an extra 9 and finished even at 36.

It was a great day for golf.. Started at about 55 degrees, and finished around 70. Wind wasn't too bad, and the rain only slightly sprinkled two or three times.

Shot a 41 on the back nine at Klipper yesterday. Had a couple of amazingly lucky one putts from over 20' out and a very lucky chip in to keep my score low.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

went from an 81 2 weekends ago to 102 and 100 saturday and sunday. It's like I forgot how to golf.

My 102 was a miserable round....nothing was working. To top it off, they'd just aerated the greens the week before so putting was even more difficult

My 100 yesterday began as what should have been a 41 on the front except for a complete blowup on the 6th. Took a double-par 10. After 9, I walked away pretty happy overall even though the 6th hole left me with a 46. Started the back par-bogey-bogey-par, and then I fell apart.

Overall, I have had alot of trouble hitting greens lately. My short game has been saving me the last few weeks, and putting has been pretty solid. To top it off, I lost the putting somewhere and it's right back to where I was last summer. I need to spend some time at the range w. my irons again. Gotta love this game.

Played in a tournament at my local course yesterday and I finished +5. I feel like I could have scored better than that, but the greens had just been airated and were QUITE bumpy... Which sucked for putting and chipping.

But all in all I was very pleased with my ball striking and driving.

Well while it may not sound like a great score I shot a 44 last night, but could have very easily shot in the upper 30's if it had not been for my short game. To make a long story short I have struggled with my swing lately, and the rounds I have gotten it lately I have just not even kept score and played a couple of balls to get my swing under control, and the last 2 rounds I have played I have just picked up my ball once I got on the green just to keep moving...anyhow, because I have been working so much on my swing the last few weeks I have not worked at all on my short game, and it showed yesterday, on one par 3 I missed the green by 10 feet, and I chunked my chip twice before chunking my 3rd chip shot that actually ended up on the green, although leaving me a long putt. So anyhow, a couple of trips to the practice green will fix that, but I was extremely happy with how I was hitting the ball. Still fading the driver a bit, but I was hitting it on the sweet spot instead of missing on the toe like I had been, but everything else was struck GREAT and straight. Even my long irons were going straight, which I had been hooking for a while, and I had also been hooking my 3-wood, which I hit very well yesterday too. Overall very happy with how I played, just need to make a trip or two to the practice green to get my feel around the greens back down and I should be good to go. Overall I don't even know now if it was my swing that was messed up...the pro at my course gave me a recommendation on my grip and I started striking everything great. I am going to be back out a few more times this week because my new irons are coming Wednesday so hopefully the short game works better then.

Shot an 88 on saturday, 2 off my personal best.
f0IDW.jpg

65, -6. Bogeyfree. Only 18 better than last time on the course. Weird game.

Played a practice round on Saturday. The golf course was fairly empty so I played 2 balls, one from the front and one off the back tees, actually scored better by a couple of strokes from the backs.

Shot a 43/52-95 today at ASU Karsten.

Shot a 42/39-81 yesterday. Didn't drive the ball as well as the day before but my irons were a lot better. Had 29 putts which could of been better. Missed a few inside 10ft for birdie. The swirling wind became a factor on some holes. Just could not tell which club to use. Ended up being short on shots I thought were right on the money. Can't wait for next week. Hopefully my new driver will be here and I will be on my second week of testing the Huey putter. I hope I can put everything together for a tournament on Sunday and the club championship the week after.

It was a bad day. Even though the putting, irons, driver and score were bad, those didn't cause the bad day. We got to the club and learned that a friend had had a massive heart attack and passed away early this morning. We enjoyed many rounds together where I learned he came up dirt poor and he was a Marine and how he started his own business and done quiet well and most of all, how he loved to make the putt that would beat "The Judge", his closest friend. Harold encouraged me to get my knee replaced because we had both hobbled around for years before he got his new knee a year before me. He gave me the incentive to get out walking the course again after surgery, he kept telling me it would take six weeks so I worked enough to walk 18 in five and a half weeks. Harold just grinned. He was a plain spoken man, he putted from 20 yards off the green to keep from having to chip, he walked even when everyone else rode and I will miss him.

Harold sounds like he was a great man Lefty, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers lifted for all of his family and friends.

82 on Saturday, with 2 four putts, and 3 three putts (plus I missed a tap in for par after blasting out of the sand), and I made an 8 on our hardest hole after finding the water. The greens at my course haven't been this fast in a long time (since May), and I think the greenskeeper had a real bad Friday night as the pins were a bit diabolical!

84 yesterday in a driving rain storm. First round of the year in the rain and it showed. Couldn't get the driver to behave, so after some emotional, physical and mental abuse, we are seperating for a while. I'm thinking this is going to lead to a divorce, the driver knows theres someone else in my life and I'm getting tired of hiding it.......

Shot a Gretzky (99) @ Crimson Ridge in Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Played 10-18 holes twice, not sure what was with the front 9, but got a birdies and a few pars. Greens were very large and undulating. Was good to try a new course. Also got a new hybrid iron, 5 and got my buddy, Pete (he's working up north) a new 460 cc Driver.

Ugly Ugly 43. Only 1 par the entire 9 holes. Good news was no doubles though. Bad news was I was scrambling for bogeys.

85 in a match today. Didn't putt very well.

76 (+4) on Saturday. Freshly cored greens resulted in a couple of 3 putts, but I guess a few bumped in as well as out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back