What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 86 today (43-43) with 16 putts a side (32 total). 14 two putts and 4 one putts. Putted very well today, but the one putts were because of chipping them close. My one putts totaled about 14 feet (5 was the longest). Best score at Painted Hills all season, and second best ever for me.

I only used the Adams a12 OS clubs today, so I was teeing off with my 4 hybrid, even on the par 5's. Left my woods in the bag the whole round. I wish I could say the round was because of the clubs, but I was pretty erratic with them, although I did hit some wonderful shots. Leaving my woods in the bag kept me out of trouble and I didn't have to hit one recovery shot today. That's why I shot so well.

Good work Smalls. Thats excellent with just your Adams hybrids/irons. I couldn't even imagine 32 putts right now. My putting has been awful the last couple rounds.

Harold sounds like he was a great man Lefty, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers lifted for all of his family and friends.

Thank you DD. He was indeed quiet a character. I'm thankful that I got to play in the MGA last Thursday, we sat and talked before and after. It was the first MGA this summer that didn't conflict with an American Legion meeting.

Thanks, Jeff. It shows me how bad I am with my driver. With the 4H I am giving up 40-70 yards off most tee boxes and probably 30-50 yards by not using the 3 wood. But by not ending up under the trees (I didn't check how many fairways I hit today, but it was a lot better than normal I think) I was able to advance all of my shots today instead of hitting a bunch of them sideways out.

What did I shoot - myself in the foot. In a tourney yesterday I started with two lost balls and a 10 on our first hole (18), mercy rule limited to an 8 (double par), followed by a pull hook OB on #1 and a debacle chipping back and forth over a narrow raised neck of green to give me another double par 8, followed by a double par on the next hole, a par 5, after a double crossed tee shot, fat approach, heavy bunker shot, and three putt from the fringe. Three holes played, three lost balls, 13 strokes over par. Since my average score is around 90, which is only 18 over par, starting 13 over in the first three holes is not a good way to, well, do anything. Worst day of golf for me in over a decade and I finished a full 13 strokes worse than my previous high handicap score, and that was a bad day. This one was just horrific. First time in forever I had almost zero fun playing golf and would have rather been at work.

I played this past weekend in Tampa at Westchase Golf Club and shot 80. It was an interesting 80 to say the least. 40 on the front and 40 on the back.

Started out missing a 5 ft birdie putt on 1 but making a 12 ft birdie putt on 2. I was -1 through 6 when I took a quad. A bogey on #9 and I was at 40 for the front.
On the back I started out good. Birdie on 10 and I was rolling. Birdie on 13 and I was -2 and then I took another quad on 16 and then finished with back to back bogeys for a 40 on the back.

Played some good golf, but the two blow up holes cost me a great score. Ironically that is the exact opposite as I normally play. I dont normally have a shot at too many birdies let alone have that many in a round. I also dont normally take big numbers twice in a round. Just a very odd round but one I enjoyed. Its a course I have always loved playing due to the layout.

I played this past weekend in Tampa at Westchase Golf Club and shot 80. It was an interesting 80 to say the least. 40 on the front and 40 on the back.

Started out missing a 5 ft birdie putt on 1 but making a 12 ft birdie putt on 2. I was -1 through 6 when I took a quad. A bogey on #9 and I was at 40 for the front.
On the back I started out good. Birdie on 10 and I was rolling. Birdie on 13 and I was -2 and then I took another quad on 16 and then finished with back to back bogeys for a 40 on the back.

Played some good golf, but the two blow up holes cost me a great score. Ironically that is the exact opposite as I normally play. I dont normally have a shot at too many birdies let alone have that many in a round. I also dont normally take big numbers twice in a round. Just a very odd round but one I enjoyed. Its a course I have always loved playing due to the layout.

man, I hate you had the quads. You would have had a great round otherwise. But, the quads gave you a good round.

Don't want to admit it, but I shot my worst score of the year today. Shot a 118 with 12 lost balls, 5 on one hole. 2 fairways, 2 greens and 42 putts. Nothing worked today. It was so bad I pull hooked a tee shot 3 fairways over. So close to giving up this game and moving on to curling.

Shot a 78 at my home course today from the senior tees, about 6100 yards. Hit 11/14 fairways and had 29 putts but only 1 birdie. It was a good round for me.

shot a 96 today not a bad round but i couldn't buy a putt to save my life, it was one of the funniest rounds ever played with 2 of the members of the health club i work at. one guy 71 and the other 54 and all they did was wind each other up all day great entertainment

44-38 82 had two pars on the front 6 bogies and one double. I had no idea what I was doing on the front and I pretty much had one bad shot on each hole. Back nine was better, had a better tempo and was more consistent in my ball striking.

44-38 82 had two pars on the front 6 bogies and one double. I had no idea what I was doing on the front and I pretty much had one bad shot on each hole. Back nine was better, had a better tempo and was more consistent in my ball striking.

Nice comeback Gus, tempo is invaluable in the golf game.

Ive been on vacation for the past two and a bit weeks, and have played three rounds since I last posted. The first round was a charity tournament for Family Literacy (great cause). It was a scramble which helped as I was playing horribly! I made one good tee shot, which happened to be the hole my company was sponsoring, and my co-workers were all watching! The next game was at Victoria in Edmonton. I shot a 116 with 63 and 53. Not a horrible score for me, but the front nine was horrible and the back was great (opposite from usual on this course). The next round was at an executive par 3 (100 - 240 yards) where I learned my shot game is pretty bad. When its a par three course and and three putt most holes, it makes for a discouraging game.

Shot a 78 at my home course today from the senior tees, about 6100 yards. Hit 11/14 fairways and had 29 putts but only 1 birdie. It was a good round for me.

Good round DD and that will send you off on your vacation to Hawaii in a good mood!

I shot 84 today. I had 40 on the front and 44 on the back. The 44 was more impressive than the 40 because of what it meant. I was playing with a lady who KellyBo knows well and who is a competitive little lady. She said ok big boy I am taking you down on the back. It was nip and tuck with a couple of triples for both of us however she pulled ahead with a two stoke lead with two holes to go. I made par to her bogey on 17 and birdie to her bogey on 18 to take the match with a one shot win. I was so proud of hanging tough and coming back as this Lady does not break under pressure at all. She is a tough cookie so that was one of those Whew, wipe the brow, and let the heart calm down type matches!!! It was fun not choking!

I played Penn Terra in Lewisburg, Oh today first time playing there this year and shot a 46-43 for a 89. It was an ugly 89 even though it was my best score of the yr. I just couldn't get into a rhythm with my irons of my fairway wood. My driver came through today finding a lot of fairways and better distance than the last couple rounds since making changes to my driver swing. I had 39 putts just couldn't get in the flow and pin positions were a bit brutal on a couple holes.

76 on a par 72 73.3/124 7036 yards.

3 birdies, 1 eagle, and 2 doubles. Was all over the place score wise.

76 on a par 72 73.3/124 7036 yards.

3 birdies, 1 eagle, and 2 doubles. Was all over the place score wise.

Nice scoring!!! That is not a short course. Well done.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Good round DD and that will send you off on your vacation to Hawaii in a good mood!

I shot 84 today. I had 40 on the front and 44 on the back. The 44 was more impressive than the 40 because of what it meant. I was playing with a lady who KellyBo knows well and who is a competitive little lady. She said ok big boy I am taking you down on the back. It was nip and tuck with a couple of triples for both of us however she pulled ahead with a two stoke lead with two holes to go. I made par to her bogey on 17 and birdie to her bogey on 18 to take the match with a one shot win. I was so proud of hanging tough and coming back as this Lady does not break under pressure at all. She is a tough cookie so that was one of those Whew, wipe the brow, and let the heart calm down type matches!!! It was fun not choking!

Way to hang tough buddy, some 44's are a ton better than others.

39(+3)/36(0)=75! Best score ever!

Front 9: 2 Doubles, 6 Pars, 1 Birdie
Back 9: 2 Bogeys, 5 Pars, 2 Birdies

11/14 FIR
8 GIR
26 PUTTS!

The best score I have ever shot, granted, it was on a "Dog Track" on the way home that only plays 6290, but I will take it. Had a chip in birdie on the back 9 on 17 and followed that up with a 40 foot bomb on 18 for birdie as well! I've never shot even par on a 9 before!!!!

11/14 FIR
8 GIR
26 PUTTS!

The best score I have ever shot, granted, it was on a "Dog Track" on the way home that only plays 6290, but I will take it. Had a chip in birdie on the back 9 on 17 and followed that up with a 40 foot bomb on 18 for birdie as well! I've never shot even par on a 9 before!!!!

Congrats on the round Jman!! That's a heck of a score.

Congrats on the round Jman!! That's a heck of a score.

Thank you sir!

Definitely wan NOT expecting this since I went out and put up two 84's last week. But, I'll take it and RUN.

11/14 FIR
8 GIR
26 PUTTS!

Congrats on the new low Jman, that is an awesome score my friend.

11/14 FIR
8 GIR
26 PUTTS!

Dang - regardless of track; great shooting buddy!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Played in a 9-hole tourney (stableford quota) and shot 46. Not my best, only 2 pars. Had 2 bad drives on the first 2 holes and took penalties...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back