What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was dedicated to starting my downswing slow and smooth so I could clear my hips and maintain my posture. I did okay on the front-9...

1 birdie
- 5 pars - 1 bogey - 1 double - 1 other = 41

But when I got to the back-9, my back got fatigued and I couldn't hit the ball at all and crawled in with...

3 pars
- 1 bogey - 1 double - 4 others = 51

42/39-81

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42/39-81

Nice shooting Frank!
42/39 for 81. Will ESC to 80. Amazing driving day, horrible iron play, including two shanks. One of those shanks lead to a triple.

14/14 fwys, 6 GIR, 30 putts (NO 3-putts!), no penalties.

1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 triple
14 fairways for Barry? I'm shocked. Hehe, well done man!

I played awesome today. The result isn't as good as my last couple and I don't even care. My ball was a revolution from being in the cup probably 10 times, and if I ever play like that again with the balls falling it'll be a PB without question.

5-17%20Oasis.png

Unreal. Loved every minute, however I am freaking exhausted right now.

Best ball striking round in months, made a slight adjustment by narrowing my stance slightly which I think helped get my weight shifted better and it really helped calm the big pull hook.

42+40=82

Bice shooting tim

82. Seem to be right in that 80 to 83 range in my last 4 or 5 rounds. Had 2 doubles and really messed up both of those. 3 3 putt bogeys as greens start to get quicker and I missed on the wrong side of the hole. But once again pretty pleased with my game right now. Just need to avoid the round killers.

41 with 3, 3 putts 55 with a lot of penalty strokes. Made an 11 on #10 rough start and didn't get much better.

41 with 3, 3 putts 55 with a lot of penalty strokes. Made an 11 on #10 rough start and didn't get much better.

Blackstone beat you like a drum eh?!

Beautiful day here on Long Island, played with my men's club and shot 41/39 80 with 3 3 putts....no gimmies with the club, everything is holed out....hit the ball really well, very happy... having timing issues since my weight loss (50lbs), but nothing that practice wont cure.....will be hitting the range twice a week now

Shot 55/55 for a terrible 110. Hit two GIR and 3 fairways all day. Putts were over 50!

Shot 42-42-84 today. I had a strange round to say the least. Spurts of bad golf followed by runs of ham and egg pars to close out the nines. Had three straight doubles on holes 2-4, immediately followed by a birdie then a bunch of pars to limit the damage. Then I doubled 10 & 11, bogeyed 12 & 14, then parred out from there. Had the pullsies with the driver and the pushes with the irons. Couldnt get many putts to drop either. At least I made $22 in the nassau game.

Struggled to a 46 with 1 penalty and some poor chipping. Irons were solid and putting was decent.

54/48. Two different course but got 18 in today.

I shot 69 on a par 70, 6200 yard course. Pretty short but I shot 32 on the front with no bogies and limped home with a 37 +2 on the back. I bogied 17 and 18 with a three putt on 17 from the fringe and a missed 6 footer on 18. Ugh, what could have been.

I hit every fairway until 18 and played really well. I can't say enough about the 815 driver. It has been a game changer off the tee for me. Driver was a hot and cold club for me in the past. Now it is a hot and warm, never cold club for me. I wish I could have the two putts on 17 and 18 again but it was a great round.

I have been really conscious of holing every shot and playing the ball as it lies because I'm trying to get back into tournament ready mentality for some local amateur events later this summer. I played every shot except one putt my father-in-law hit back to me that was inside 2 feet. I feels good to make sure the score I'm stating is legit. I know even amateur tournaments are a different game as in the past, I've shot around even par on a practice round and gone out and shot 10 over the next day when I spun out mentally from my own perceived pressure. I'd love to get to some of the THP events down the road when my kids are a little older or I can tag team it with a family vacation.

Anyway, great round, fun day and I hope I can keep it up. The couple little swing changes I've made recently have made an amazing impact on the consistency of my game.

40/45 - 85. I'm hitting it too well off the tee to shoot that high.

Struggled to an 80 this past weekend. Did not hit the ball very well and didnt take advantage of the birdie looks I had. We did have two temp greens in play because of some green repair work which led to 2 bogeys so I guess all things considered, it wasnt that bad of a round. Need to hit a few more fairways and greens and I'm sure the putts will start to drop.

I've been playing terrible the last few rounds, yesterday I shot a 105. Granted the course I played (yesterday) has some of the most lush rough, just have been getting inside my own head with some bad holes. Gotta find a way to get back on track, cuz my driving and putting have been stellar.

Shot 84 86 89 the last 3 days. Just can't get the focus and keeping the mistakes to a minimum.

Played Riverdale dunes. 18 playing as par 3 due to construction so par 71. Shot 82.... with 7 DOUBLES!!! 4 birdies and one bogey to get to +11 for the round. Man was I a case of jekyll and hide today

I can confirm this Jekyll and Hyde approach today - but he had a smile on his face the entire time doing it!

Shot 49/57 for a 106 then went 9 more for a 46. I started the back 9 with a birdie and concentration went to pot after that. Had 3 three putts in the first 5 holes on back 9 and got my mind back into putting and had 1 and 2 putts to finish out and all the way thru the next nine.

Weekend wrap-up, the weekend continued my current trend of throwing in some disaster holes with some good, some days more than others:

Friday with DD and OG at Lake Spivey, tons of fun, some good holes, some bad and one or two disasters. As I finished, I thought I had a 79 but OG saved me a couple of strokes on one of the disasters so 81 (45, 36)

Saturday with Just_Hacking and JaxGolfer1, again a lot of fun, two excellent playing partners at Kinderlou. My game took the day off except short game and putting, more disaster holes than I can remember, score somewhere around 92-94? The ESC score was 89 UGH! When you score that high while having nine one-putts you know it was a horrible ball striking day.

Sunday with John again, Vman, and Pat. Of course it was another terrific day with THP folks. After a slow start, 6 over through 5 holes, I played my best stretch of golf of the week until the obligatory disaster hole on 16. 83 (42,41)

For the three day weekend, 24 one-putts, three 3-putts, 27 fairways, and 15 greens. Awful! Guess I'm lucky to break 100.

It's good to be home, played my home course today and shot 40/40=80 from the senior tees. 1 birdie, 1 3 putt, other wise fairly consistent between bogies and pars. Missed more FWs than usual and therefore missed a lot of greens. Got up and down a few times but not as many as I should have. After about 7 holes I struck the ball really well for me.

Todays Card:

Dam par 3s again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back