What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I played awesome tonight. Met up with Bhilln to play the course that our scramble is at Friday. Man I just played lights out, great putts, good scrambling and some nice drives. One of the best rounds of my life. Good thing about it was that Brian was there to attest to it lol... I noticed Sunday when I shot 90 that when I swung the club and it felt like I was throwing my arms at it I was striking it and getting great distances. So pumped now and I hope I can keep this up.
c3674420739d940469c46c2426eb760c.jpg

DUDE!!! 79?! That's effing awesome man congrats. You keep that up and you throw down a 78 next round to keep it going!

DUDE!!! 79?! That's effing awesome man congrats. You keep that up and you throw down a 78 next round to keep it going!
Thank you sir.. And I'll try my hardest... Maybe if I keep it up I can get some distances like you with the driver.

Thank you sir.. And I'll try my hardest... Maybe if I keep it up I can get some distances like you with the driver.

Keep your head down, only worry about the next shot, you'll be just fine

OMG I played awesome tonight. Met up with Bhilln to play the course that our scramble is at Friday. Man I just played lights out, great putts, good scrambling and some nice drives. One of the best rounds of my life. Good thing about it was that Brian was there to attest to it lol... I noticed Sunday when I shot 90 that when I swung the club and it felt like I was throwing my arms at it I was striking it and getting great distances. So pumped now and I hope I can keep this up.

And unless I'm missing any, looks like you got 2 birds as well! Nice work dude!

Keep your head down, only worry about the next shot, you'll be just fine
Will do boss. Say I hit a awesome 3 wood about 240 tonight from the fairway from 300 out and got it close so I could hit wedge in then made the putt for birdie. So I'm stoked about that distance.
And unless I'm missing any, looks like you got 2 birds as well! Nice work dude!
Oh yea I did.. That's my third and fourth one of the year.

Shot a pretty Mediocre 51 for 9, played golf swing for a couple holes, once I got that outta my head I played not to bad for me, putting is slowly getting better but I def left a few strokes on the green

Shot an incredibly frustrating 48 tonight in league. Was cold and windy and I never got in a rhythm. It didn't help that we were playing with two 20 handicap players, and when I say 20 handicap, that is their 9-hole handicap. Made for a very long round. 18 putts on the round, but seemed to be some decent putting for my standards.

I've seen that guy before....Great round buddy

Will do boss. Say I hit a awesome 3 wood about 240 tonight from the fairway from 300 out and got it close so I could hit wedge in then made the putt for birdie. So I'm stoked about that distance.

I'm impressed. I get 300 out and I'm just getting to full wedge yardage. 3w would have never been in my comfort zone!

Shot a very average 79 today. Started with 5 pars and a birdie but then a bogie then ob on our long par 3(185m) which resulted in a triple, a couple more pars and a double didn't help. Stayed in the 70's though I guess. I just looked on my handicap site before and out of my last 20 rounds ive had 14 in the 70's, 1 69 and 5 in the low 80's, so quite happy with that.

Shot 63!!!

In a scramble lol. 10 birdies and one stupid bogey netted -9 and one fun round. Heck of a good time even in chilly rainy weather. Scramble team consisted with THPers so all the better
Hey, that was 8 birdies and an eagle!!! (with that stupid bogey)

There were some bombs flying today, dude. I'm still thinking about that driver. What a beast!

Hey, that was 8 birdies and an eagle!!! (with that stupid bogey)

There were some bombs flying today, dude. I'm still thinking about that driver. What a beast!

How could I forget the pitch in eagle??? It was super fun!

I've seen that guy before....Great round buddy
Thanks bud, kinda felt like that one #THPMC round lol....
I'm impressed. I get 300 out and I'm just getting to full wedge yardage. 3w would have never been in my comfort zone!
yea that is what I usually do to but I was like I'll see what I can do here. Plus the ball was sitting up kind of so I had a nice launch.

Not sure what I shot (partners were keeping the score, probably 40's), but I won my first match in my golf league last night!
Played a guy that was about 10 strokes better than me, won 2 or 3 up at the end. Even had a few drops, some 8's and a 5 putt!

Not sure what I shot (partners were keeping the score, probably 40's), but I won my first match in my golf league last night!
Played a guy that was about 10 strokes better than me, won 2 or 3 up at the end. Even had a few drops, some 8's and a 5 putt!

good on you for winning that match Joe, but a 5 putt? how did that happen?

Negative. Tidy 69. 63 would be awesome, and I appreciate the confidence in my friend Jeff Spicoli.
This...deserves a bump. Nice round cap.

Shot 63!!!

In a scramble lol. 10 birdies and one stupid bogey netted -9 and one fun round. Heck of a good time even in chilly rainy weather. Scramble team consisted with THPers so all the better
Well done guys! Forgot an eagle? Really must have been a good time.

Shot an incredibly frustrating 48 tonight in league. Was cold and windy and I never got in a rhythm. It didn't help that we were playing with two 20 handicap players, and when I say 20 handicap, that is their 9-hole handicap. Made for a very long round. 18 putts on the round, but seemed to be some decent putting for my standards.

Cold is fine, windy is fine, the combination makes for a rough round.

We've got a couple folks like that in the work league - somehow because of who they teamed up with they got put in A flight. It can definitely throw you off a bit if you're sometimes waiting forever between shots, especially bad ones - tough to get out of your head. Think of it as an opportunity to work on the mental side of the game. That's been my approach this year - turns out it still needs some work.

good on you for winning that match Joe, but a 5 putt? how did that happen?
I have no idea, it was a 160yd par 3. I was on in two within 2 or 3 ft., the greens are terrible at the course. They are all still pretty badly aerated and you can't really finesse putts in. You gotta just get them around a 1 ft area and then tap em in. I just kept trying to putt on a subtle break that just kept missing, so I kept going back and forth haha.

Last edited:
Tough tough nine last night. Driving through fairways that I have no business hitting through... Into rough that is nearly impossible..

Finished in 39 but I struck the ball a lot better than that number would suggest. Just a rough time to be outside the short grass at my course!!!

Tough tough nine last night. Driving through fairways that I have no business hitting through... Into rough that is nearly impossible..

Finished in 39 but I struck the ball a lot better than that number would suggest. Just a rough time to be outside the short grass at my course!!!
Quit being so strong!

New setup have you killing it? Or are you getting a little more roll than normal?

Played 8 holes with my 9 year daughter last night and I was even when we quit because of darkness. She's really enjoying the game and starting to hit some really solid shots. She's teeing off on the par 4's from 200 yards away in the fairway and using the ladies tee's on the par 3's. She made a birdie and hit 3 GIR's yesterday and her success has her excited to play more, which is way more important to me that how my game is doing.

Shot 80 (+8) this morning. Putting right now is no fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put up a badass 85 today.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I had ELEVEN pars and one birdie in that 18 as well. Hell, I was even through 6 before going double, double, bogey, QUAD. It was soupy as hell today since we are up to like 20" this month and it rained last night, and that cost me on some short game shots, and I had one tee ball on a par 3 in the drink followed by carrying the green from the drop zone (the quad), but outside of that I struck the ball about 1000 times better than my score indicates. I'm riiiiiiiight there to almost being back where I want to be, oh well. More short game tomorrow, more practice!

The bleeding on the scorecard has to stop eventually? Right? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back