What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A terrible 54/49 with two birdies. It wasn't one thing, it was EVERYTHING that stunk. I should have started drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A terrible 54/49 with two birdies. It wasn't one thing, it was EVERYTHING that stunk. I should have started drinking.

Wow. That with 2 birdies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did you shoot today?

Went out to play my second round ever, managed to score a 57 on a 9 hole course. Shot par on two of the three par 3s on the course, but had a nasty slice pop up on the third hole that didn't go away till the 9th. Fun day overall, can't wait to get out again.

Last edited:
Played a different course today in very strong winds and i just couldnt get anything going, i did have some great drives and putts but irons not so much(they have been very average lately). I ended with a 43/44 87.

Struck the ball much better today than yesterday and carded a 37 - 39 - 76. 3 birdies and 1 double. I was bound and determined to hit down more on my irons after no even sniffing the turf yesterday with anything above GW. Hit 3 irons s***s fat on the front 9 and was actually happy about it even though they are 3 lead to bogeys.

Didn't feel like it but wound up with an 86. Didn't feel good, didn't feel bad just kinda meh.
I did have my FIL with the group keeping the beer close & that was fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot a PB 83 today at Sandy Burr. Driver was just ok irons and putting were what helped. 8 pars, 9 bogeys and a double.

76 today with 2 birdies. Was a bit cold which made for a wide open course! Can really get a groove when you set the pace.

Pretty solid 82 at Dunedin today with 2 birdies. Donald Ross course that gives me fits. Nothing was spectacular but nothing awful either. Irons were solid, driver stayed in play. Overall I'm happy. Can't really expect much better when I touch the clubs once a week. Was E on the back until 15, losing a ball I thought was in the middle of the fairway that nobody found. Had to go replay and made a great bogey. Shook me a little and I got mad, could've been a special round.

Played 80 on a par 65. Finished with 2 birdies, 34 putts, 5 GIR, 4/11 FIR, 4 up & down.

Went out yesterday and shot 40/36-76. Beautiful weather for golf too.

53/46 new swing with the driver. No big numbers but a lot of double bogeys. Hit several good drives on the backside and managed a couple pars. Headed out in the am for another round.

84 yesterday after playing for the first time in over a month. Overall not bad

42/43-85 today at Twin Creeks in Allen, TX. Hit 71.4% of fairways but only 6 GIRs. Still a pretty good round for me.

Shot 82(+10) this afternoon on a relatively easy course. Just struggling so much right now in regards to direction and consistency.

45 for 9 holes. All bogeys until 15, when I finally got a par. Doubled 17 and 18.

75 at the links indoor golf tonight. I'm amazed

How was the course looking? Greens?

Playable, greens were pitch mark filled though, I must have fixed 4-5 per hole. Plus the geese have decided to stop by there for a while!

37 - 39 - 76. Walked and played alone for 16 of the 18 holes. And, guess what USGA, I am posting the %€!! out of that score! Ha! 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

Today was 83 (42, 41). Played fairly steady golf--only two uglies. Doubled hole nine when my contractor called me to explain why he didn't show yesterday. He got me a bit riled. Then I four putted ten for back to back doubles, but I can't blame him for that. That was all me.

Good shooting though ken

Just got in from my last round before the Grandaddy, though because the USGA hates singles and I'm out of my handicap period, I didn't keep score. After the struggles I have had with my driver and finally making real good progress during my lesson on Monday, I was hopeful that everything would click and I'd hit 14/14 fairways, but sadly that wasn't to be. My brain got in the way and I forgot how to translate what I had done so well on Monday to the course and was all sorts of sideways for the first 10 holes. I was able to regroup and realize that I was swinging at the ball instead of just swinging, refocused, and hit the last 4 fairways in a row pulling driver. That late round success and being able to right the ship mid round has me a lot more confident going into the Grandaddy than I was even a week ago. Another positive for the round, I brought out my J40 4w to see if I could hit it, since I'll likely have a FW in the bag since I don't see a 2h that I'm interested in, and I was crushing the thing. A 3w or 5w is very likely to hit my bag, and I'm super excited because I feel like I can be very successful with it and add some distance to my approach game and maybe even try for some par 5s in 2. Overall, a really exciting day on the course, and a good note with the Grandaddy in a week and a half.

Shot 44/47, 91 on a pretty tough track called Mirimichi. Played it at 6,500 72.1/139. Putts would not drop today but for the most part, tee to green was decent. Had some penalties and some 3 woods into greens, but overall a great time with a buddy and his dad who was in from CO. On a whim, I recently bought a Callaway X-Hot driver with PX Velocity R-Flex at 10.5. For me I was pounding it and hit some draws. Need a range session with it as it just arrived yesterday, but I was pleased.

Right now, the top of my bag is in flux, but all are X-hot R-Flex, Driver, 3W and 5W. Still have one Mashie left.

JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back