What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from my last round before the Grandaddy, though because the USGA hates singles and I'm out of my handicap period, I didn't keep score. After the struggles I have had with my driver and finally making real good progress during my lesson on Monday, I was hopeful that everything would click and I'd hit 14/14 fairways, but sadly that wasn't to be. My brain got in the way and I forgot how to translate what I had done so well on Monday to the course and was all sorts of sideways for the first 10 holes. I was able to regroup and realize that I was swinging at the ball instead of just swinging, refocused, and hit the last 4 fairways in a row pulling driver. That late round success and being able to right the ship mid round has me a lot more confident going into the Grandaddy than I was even a week ago. Another positive for the round, I brought out my J40 4w to see if I could hit it, since I'll likely have a FW in the bag since I don't see a 2h that I'm interested in, and I was crushing the thing. A 3w or 5w is very likely to hit my bag, and I'm super excited because I feel like I can be very successful with it and add some distance to my approach game and maybe even try for some par 5s in 2. Overall, a really exciting day on the course, and a good note with the Grandaddy in a week and a half.

Ryan, buddy, you just need to relax and swing the club without over thinking the shot. Your swing is sound, and when you're relaxed, you just kill the ball. You'll be fine in Cally, partner.

If you're not sure on the the 3 or 5 wood, I highly recommend bagging a 4 wood as an alternative. For me it's been a very versatile club. I hit it more consistently than a 3w for sure, and just about as far.

Good luck next month, my friend, and bring us home that belt.

Visiting in-laws near Santa Fe & brought my clubs along. Played a warm-up 9 yesterday shooting 41.

Went back out today for 18 and shot 36/39 for a 75. First time under 80 at Black Mesa and also an after 50 pb!

As good as it was it could have been better. I was chipping for eagle on 16 and my chip lipped out and ended up 6 feet out. Two putted for par.

Hope the weather holds up for next week and I can get in a round - if I can golf in December I will have golfed every month this year.

Played a new course today called Larken Golf Club and shot a 75, on the front I hit 5 fairways and 5 greens with 5 bogeys and 2 birdies, on the back I hit 7 fairways and 8 greens with one birdie and one bogey. The course was fantastic with some of the nicest greens I've played all year.

40/46 with no lost balls, only 1 unplayable lie, and 35 putts. Had three double bogeys, no birdies. It really felt like a solid round, considering three 3putt greens and one green side bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan, buddy, you just need to relax and swing the club without over thinking the shot. Your swing is sound, and when you're relaxed, you just kill the ball. You'll be fine in Cally, partner.

If you're not sure on the the 3 or 5 wood, I highly recommend bagging a 4 wood as an alternative. For me it's been a very versatile club. I hit it more consistently than a 3w for sure, and just about as far.

Good luck next month, my friend, and bring us home that belt.
Probably not the thread, but Cally has a 3 that can but dialed up or a 5 that can be dialed down so I need to figure which one I want, but I'm confident I can game a FW, which isn't something that I would have said before.

What did you shoot today?

41 for 9 holes. (+6)

Struggled a little bit today. 2 club wind is not make it easy. Surprised I was only six over. Those 2 birdies saved me but it's getting really evident where I need to work on my game. Keeping track of GIR is really helping me identify weakness in my game

5/7 FW
3/9 GIR
18 putts

eb9f42ad58b6e4d25911547eb55ea818.jpg

Last edited:
Played my [likely] last round of the year. Finished with a 40/37-77 today. Putting is really the only thing that saved me as I had zero 3 putts and 8 1 putts. A very encouraging final round of 2015.

Shot a pretty ugly 95 yesterday. Very few pured shots and the driver was way off (2 FW). After 2 good rounds before this when I was solid off the tee it's pretty obvious the driver makes the biggest difference in my game lately.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Extremely slow play so only had the patience for 9. Shot 1 over 37 with 2 birdies including an almost (1.5" or so) ace.

SMiLkfJ.png

45/43-88.

It was a struggle but glad I broke 90 again.

40/37 today. Started with four straight bogeys but played my last five holes -2. I like where my swing is at right now. Not perfect, but better than it has been in past Novembers. I feel like I'm going into the grandaddy with all the pieces still in place which was my goal

38/44 for an 82. Couldn't keep the same tempo I had on the front 9 on the back nine. Left myself some ridiculously long putts and couldn't acclimate to really slow greens. Left several putts short that were heading center cut and three putt a few holes in the back.

Playing golf late in November with THPers - I am happy..

Shot 68 (33-35) 1 eagle, 4 birdies, and 2 bogeys at GC of Dublin today. Booked as a single and placed with 3 great guys. It was one of my more enjoyable rounds of the year.

I could not have hit it any better. Missed one fairway and two greens. The one missed fairway cost me as I hit into a stacked sod bunker and had to pitch out sideways. Which lead to bogey. Other bogey was short siding myself and not getting up and down.

44 and a 44 with 44 putts lol, the toughest greens I've played.

40/37 today. Started with four straight bogeys but played my last five holes -2. I like where my swing is at right now. Not perfect, but better than it has been in past Novembers. I feel like I'm going into the grandaddy with all the pieces still in place which was my goal
gl, you were killing the driver in the 6 holes I saw

102, ESC to 100. It was a tough, narrow course in windy conditions, but I topped a good number of shots and had way too many penalties. I was happy with my short game, even chipping in for birdie on the Fourth, and I don't think I three-putted all day. My irons started clicking very late in the round, so I'm hoping my timing gets a little more in sync next time out.

I shot a 92'ish (kept score in my head) ... I had 3 pars in a row which is really rare for me ... I also had 2 triples on the day, which is not rare.

I didn't keep score, but it felt like somewhere in the mid-high 80s. I had a bunch of pars, but a few doubles and a triple thrown in there.

Today's round was 83 (43, 40). Didn't warm up and paid the price early. Had a couple of 3 putts. This has been a pretty typical round for me lately.

44 putts?!? 88 is a darn good score then!

Dude it was crazy, take away 12 strokes and I'd be where I normally am

40/43 yesterday which I'll take. Struggled with the driver on a few holes, but that will be fine tuned this winter. Had to penalties on the front, one due to a bad shot decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back