Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So being that it's in the middle of winter for most of us, it gives me time to reflect on my game, reassess it, and where I want it to be. For the most part, I rarely think about scoring. I like to get out, enjoy the weather, the company of friends, etc. But when I think about getting better, I think about the mechanics of the swing and my technique.

My father's famous saying growing up was "it's not HOW, it's HOW many" or "there are NO pictures on the scorecard" ... meaning it's the score that matters most, not how you attain it. But I would rather hit the ball well & score poorly than hit it sideways & score well. I love the feeling of a solidly struck shot ... that's why I have always played forged clubs. The feeling when you know you have pured one that doesn't leave the flag is unlike any other.

So my question to you is, what gives you the most satisfaction?

1. Posting a good score?
  2. Striking the ball well, hitting fairways & greens
  3. Getting up & down, and putting well
  4. Enjoying the time outside with good friends.
  5. Winning the match
  6. Other

Thoughts?

I think we all would like to play well but the most important part for me is enjoying the time with good friends! We all talk about the our quality of play but in the end the harassment and fellowship is what matters!!

Yes, it is always nice to post a good score. That would be my number 2 choice. But enjoying posting that score, whether is be good or bad, in the company of good friends is first and foremost in my mind.

I voted, striking the ball well. Posting a good score or playing with friends is great, but it's an awesome feeling when you're striking the ball great, hitting fairways and greens in regulation, of course if you do this, you should post a decent score.

I definitely enjoy being out on the course with good friends, but I really enjoy a good ball striking day. It makes you feel like things are firing on all cylinders.

Good thoughts here guys! My vote was definitely hitting the ball well of course. With playing with friends a close second. Whether you are playing good or bad, it's always fun with good company.

A good score is always my goal but I prefer to have a good time on the course with friends and if I can post a good score too then it's a bonus

I don't post good scores so I'm going to have to go with option 4. No shame in playing bad (golf is hard!) but if you can't have fun doing it there isn't much point in playing.

TIme outside with good friends is #1 for me, posting a good score would be 2nd

Having fun is most important as I am not always going to play well. But posting a good score is always a bonus!

hitting the ball well. even if i struggle with scoring, if i hit a bunch of good shots it's been a good day.

scoring well is probably second, but i've scored well after playing poorly and that's just not as satisfying.

lower on the totem pole would be being out on the course with friends. it's fun, but i much prefer to play golf by myself. golf is a release for me. my job is spent conversing with people all day. when i have time to myself, i want peace and quiet. golf can provide that in a way nothing else can.

Another good one from my father ... "Took you long enough ... but that one will bring you back again."

I don't know how many times it took me until the 18th hole to make a birdie. But that could have been another selection ... To make at least one birdie a round. Been buzzing the hole all day long but the golf gods finally speak up on the last hole ... just to make you come back to try again next time.

I voted "Being outside with good friends." I have had some pretty bad rounds where I had a great time with the guys I was playing with. Although to be perfectly honest, if I have a bad round that does bother me to an extent.

Well I'm at an age where I'm losing friends and family so I'd prefer to have more quality outside time with my friends than the other options.

Easily #4 - Enjoying the time outside with good friends.

Definitely having a good time with friends would be first. Shooting a good score is second.

4 and 2 and 3 the other stuff falls into place but having a good time is WAY above the other stuff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I always get geeked when I stripe one down the fairway, or hit a nice arcing shot that sticks the green. I guess I need to do it more often so it becomes routine ... but in the meantime, I really enjoy those moments.

Having a good time with friends is a given.

I'm usually very hard on myself so hitting the ball well puts my attitude in the right place allowing me to enjoy the day, the company and the round.

I picked striking the ball well, because even if i don't shoot a good score, if i'm striking the ball better i know i'm making progress. With time, the scores will drop.

So so far we have #4 - Enjoying the time outside with good friends - in the lead. Coming in a close 2nd is #2 - Striking the ball well.

I think we are all in agreement that no matter how good/bad you are playing, it's always a better round with good friends. Giving each other a hard time or pushing them to do better .... that's the fun of this great sport that we all love!

So much of the good "golf stuff" is in my rear view mirror that I have to relish the timewith friends. Sure I want to play well and get frustrated when I don't but I have put all that in perspective. My livelyhood does not depend on my score so I get my enjoyment from the few hours with friends.

This time of year I'm happy to hit the ball well, I generally don't expect to score all that well.

The most IMPORTANT thing to me is spending good time outside with friends and family, but golf-wise I get the most satisfaction from posting a good number. I'd prefer that to be by hitting a bunch of greens and making putts, but if I have to scramble my ass off that works too haha.

Back