What golf ball are you gaming this season? (2019)

I have a surplus of 15 and 16 prov1s. A couple dozen 18 v1x i got for xmass. Im still going to buy 4 dozen tp5 because i love that ball for my game.
Odd that i prefer the v1x to the v1 but prefer the tp5 to the 5x.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I found the TP5X to be very hard on impact. Probably due to the 85 mph driver swing speed, not compressing the outer layer.....much less the other 4 inner layers.

Haven't selected a single brand or ball for the year. Going to try out a few different models and hopefully find one by spring time.

I didn’t even answer myself.

Leaning hard going back to Tour B XS, but, the TP5x did me good last year, and the new version sounds better

QST until I'm out then whatever urethane ball I can find around $20 per dozen.

Snell MTB Black.

CS Truvis and DUO Optics. I want to try the DUO Pro

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I got 2 dozen Costco Kirkland Signature balls for Christmas. Interested in trying them out. Also interested in snell, vice, and cut!

I’m currently using the Kirkland 3 layer. It is a decent ball but the price is great, $15 per dozen. I have a little more than 5 dozen so I’ll be playing them until they are gone.

This is the year I use up my old balls. I hope I get to play that much. I have Supersoft, Staff Duo Optix, e6, e6 Soft, QStars, and NXT Tour Soft in the box in the garage. Of these, the Supersofts seem to work best for me around the greens.

I've been gaming Bridgestone Tour B330x and it's previous iterations for a number of years. I've dabbled in the Chrome Soft and Titleist, but keep coming back. Something about the feel off the driver and putter. I'm not sure it's the best ball for my game, but it just feels good to me.

Been using the BRidgestone XS (330S) for a couple of seasons and still have some. Buddy gave me a case of TP5/TP5x as a gift as he loves then and said I had to try them. Looking forward to trying something different but I really enjoy using Bridgestone.

I’ve got a few dozen yellow and black CS on hand. I’m of fan of that ball and will play them, but the ERC is going to get a long solid look.

I’m gaming the B-XS. Been playing it for 6-12 months and I won’t be changing anytime soon. Great distance and amazing spin around the greens for my game. I just can’t get the same results from proV’s or chromesofts although I haven’t tried the latest version of either. I figure don’t change what I’m so comfortable with.

Chromesoft in some form or other will be in my bag as it has been for the last couple of years

I want to try and spend some time with my instructor to decide whether the standard or X version is the better one for my swing as I have played both across the last couple of years and I am not entirely certain which ball gives me the best results

The only other ball that might be given a try is the new TP5 / TP5x but that is going to be determined by price

Not a fan of the Pro V or Srixon balls, and Bridgestone aren't on my radar as the only balls you see locally are an old B330 range

I am always playing this golf and I like this. you asked here golf ball related question. I always prefer "Srixon Soft Feel Golf Ball" this is my choice for golf. I always used this and also more kind of golf ball.

Just bought some supersoft's, as it is winter I don't find much difference between balls

I’m going to try several balls this season: Wilson Staff DUO Professional, Callaway ERC, Bridgestone e12, and my current gamer, CS Truvis.

I am playing the E6 Speed right now as my winter gamer.

I am still up in the air on what ball to play for 2019. Last year I mostly played Truvis but if I can find a ball that is less money and performs well for my game then I am open to switch. I also played TP5x toward the end of the year and could easily play that ball again especially getting a deal on the 2017 version.

Chrome Soft X Truvis. 2018 Gamer. Pro:Great ball and Truvis... Con: Price
ERC. Really interested in this ball. Con: Close to price of CS
Bridgestone E12. Could be a contender
TP5/TP5x. Played both last year. Pro: Great ball for my game. Con: Price
Snell Black/Red. I've never tried them but will order the test set.

Was between the Srixon Q Star Tour, Bridgestone Tour B RXS, and Wilson Staff Duo Professional until yesterday. I'm all in now with the Srixon Q Star Tour. Not only does it seem to be consistently longer than the other two, but it has far better spin than the Duo-Pro, and is by far the most affordable of the bunch. I MIGHT give the AVX a try in the near future since I have some and want to use them, but the Q Star Tour is going to be hard to beat, especially at its price.

This year I will be juggling between the Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X and ERC. Never played CSX before, so will give it a go to see how it compares to the CS for me, but eager to see how the ERC works around the main courses I play locally. Usually the fairways and greens are pretty soft unless we have a dry spell, so hoping the extra firmness can be beneficial for me, along with triple track tech.

I tried a Vice sample pack last year and found that the Pro Soft was almost a club longer off my irons than their other models. My son had the same results.

So that has me trying soft balls now just to see what happens. The Titleist Pro Soft was okay and the Callaway Chrome Soft was shorter than my normal distances. I'm assuming the Chrome Soft distance was due to spin as I hit a few greens and had the ball spin back as much as 10 feet on me while most of the firmer balls seem to end up pretty close to their pitch marks.

I still need to try the Snells. And will probably try most other current release urethane balls (firm and softer).

I don't think it ever really dried out around here last year so I don't think I played any of the balls I bought last year. Maybe a sleeve at most. Soft, muddy courses so I used whatever old or found balls I had. I did go thru most of those, the decent ones at least. I think I have 6 or 7 dozen assorted Bridgestones, between 330RX's, e6 soft & speed models.

I had all the best intentions to run with the Q-Star this season, until I saw the e12. Now I'm conflicted...

Well the surplus of Q star tours is coming to and end so im not real sure yet.

Will use those, the few boxes of ProV1s I have and the grandaddy golf balls I still have.

And then I have some TP5's to use. Hoping by then I'll either stick to 1 ball again, or find a deal on something I like and buy in bulk again.

Well the surplus of Q star tours is coming to and end so im not real sure yet.

Will use those, the few boxes of ProV1s I have and the grandaddy golf balls I still have.

And then I have some TP5's to use. Hoping by then I'll either stick to 1 ball again, or find a deal on something I like and buy in bulk again.

Are the TP5's the bulk buy from up north?

Back