What golf stuff did you buy today?

Iceman!;n8890158 said:
Did some Callaway Pre-owning as well - Picked up a EF 5w that I'm going to loft up to play as a 4w and 13.5* EF to use as a Tee Option.

I'm not a Callaway homer, but I've always said they run their CPO site the right way for the consumer. Prices are always reasonable, they are easy to deal with, and their trade values are more than fair.

ddec;n8890163 said:
I'm not a Callaway homer, but I've always said they run their CPO site the right way for the consumer. Prices are always reasonable, they are easy to deal with, and their trade values are more than fair.

Their Customer Service on CPO is insanely good. Tip for anyone who is a user of CPO, Find a person in CS that you can work with, it will always work out to your benefit.

Iceman!;n8890155 said:
Not trying to be a "Downer" however, I picked up the same however only 1 dozen.
Make sure you really look at them, mine were all scuffed and had LGB.com replaced them, which they did with no hassle.
LGB.com Actually let me keep the dozen practice balls and send me Mint Yellow V1X that were acutally "Mint"

Yeah, I am not that worried about scuffs. I have never seen a decrease in playability from a Titleist Pro V1 no matter how crappy it looked. Plenty of launch monitor data out there also confirms that basically the modern urethane ball will play fine no matter what unless it has seen some pretty extreme conditions.

Bought/reserved a tee time for Friday!

2 dozen Z-Stars and 4 Stasof gloves.

Reserved my vacation tee time for next Monday in the Outer Banks, NC. Super stoked to play a true links style course again.

golf pants from budgetgolf for the frigid Idaho summers.

A CPO return label. LOVE the look of the Apex CF19 irons, but after some deliberation... I decided I needed a "brand new" set, hahaha. So also a new set of Apex CF19's with Black Elevate shafts and MCC align grips.

20190826_150028.jpg

Deadsquiggles;n8890648 said:
Reserved my vacation tee time for next Monday in the Outer Banks, NC. Super stoked to play a true links style course again.

Which course? Kilmarlic is fantastic but on the mainland

Sea Scape Golf Links. I wanted to play the Currituck Club up near Duck but we’re staying near Jennette’s Pier and my BIL didn’t want to drive that far
697d849b-d474-4257-bf90-4640829127aa
:bulgy-eyes:

JMB3;n8890671 said:
A CPO return label. LOVE the look of the Apex CF19 irons, but after some deliberation... I decided I needed a "brand new" set, hahaha. So also a new set of Apex CF19's with Black Elevate shafts and MCC align grips.

Congrats, dude! That is so exciting, new irons.

Canadan;n8890915 said:
Congrats, dude! That is so exciting, new irons.

Thanks, man! I think my favorite thing is unboxing a new set of forged irons--can't wait!

A bucket of balls, getting ready for Thursday’s round

i've never had alignment sticks, just used old shafts. based on my lesson yesterday, i decided to buy a couple alignment rods. $14.99 at pga tour superstore, or $3.98 at home depot?! seriously, why would anyone buy the golf retailer version?

McLovin;n8891358 said:
i've never had alignment sticks, just used old shafts. based on my lesson yesterday, i decided to buy a couple alignment rods. $14.99 at pga tour superstore, or $3.98 at home depot?! seriously, why would anyone buy the golf retailer version?

Fortunately an early instructor told me to get them from the hardware store but I see so many people who don't realize you can get them there and save $$$

93civiccpe;n8891389 said:
Fortunately an early instructor told me to get them from the hardware store but I see so many people who don't realize you can get them there and save $$$

the golf store has them in a 2-pack for $15, home depot has them for $1.99 each.

McLovin;n8891401 said:
the golf store has them in a 2-pack for $15, home depot has them for $1.99 each.

haha, it's just money. Easy as launching two new premium balls into the pond on that one hole you hate to make up the difference lmao

McLovin;n8891358 said:

I've often wondered this. Yet, people do.

All my kids carry the Lowe's/Home Depot version, hahahaha

My recently graduated golfer has actually started making them out of wooden dowels, stains them, stripes them, and they're pretty stinking impressive.

So a Toulon Stroke Lab is on its way to Michigan...

Canadan;n8891748 said:
What took you so long?

I’m indecisive what can I say haha

Ditched my Maxfli stand bag and picked up a Datrek Lite Rider Pro cart bag to go with a Quad XL. Figured my days of carrying are done with a torn right labrum.

Back