What happened to Rickie Fowler yesterday?

I used to really not like Rickie at all, but I respect the guy now. He takes his losses in strides and seems to have a pretty good attitude about it. I can pull for a guy like that.

Exactly. Hard not to like the kid.

I think he just wanted to stay out of Tiger's way once he realized he was not going to be having a good day and that made it worse once he lost focus. He became a spectator somewhat himself during that round.

I think he just wanted to stay out of Tiger's way once he realized he was not going to be having a good day and that made it worse once he lost focus. He became a spectator somewhat himself during that round.

I would have been happy being a spectator as well and seeing that first hand.

Just saw on Rickie's twitter someone blasted him and called him a choking b****. Fowler did RT it so everyone could see. It's really sad people have to be like that. The kid is nothing but class and all he gets is alot of poop. Yay society.

Just saw on Rickie's twitter someone blasted him and called him a choking b****. Fowler did RT it so everyone could see. It's really sad people have to be like that. The kid is nothing but class and all he gets is alot of poop. Yay society.

That's just part of being active on Twitter. You open yourself up to dealing with dumb people. I felt he handled himself well. He clearly had an awful round of golf, but he handled it like a pro.

That's just part of being active on Twitter. You open yourself up to dealing with dumb people. I felt he handled himself well. He clearly had an awful round of golf, but he handled it like a pro.

You have to like the way he handles that kind of stuff. Makes you want to be a rickie homer doesn't it?

Personally I think he found out that if he won a certain lefty was going to get amp'd and he just didn't know how to deal with that.

I think Rickie could give one of his close friends a few lessons in being professional when things are against you.

I think Rickie could give one of his close friends a few lessons in being professional when things are against you.

One wearing a green jacket perhaps?

I think Rickie is ok. I don't care for his style, and definitely not his stache, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to lose a wink of sleep over my opinion. I think he handled himself very well in light of what happened. IMO I think this could be either a good or bad thing for him based on how he takes it. It become like a weight around his neck where it's always in the back of his mind and holds him down. Or, it could be a sort of release for him. Having a major meltdown in a high-profile tournament, on sunday, on national tv, has to be the worst fear of any PGA pro. So, maybe having the meltdown could cause him to relax and just focus on playing. IOW Ok, my worst fear happened, what do I have to lose now? Just get out and play the game.

This kind of thing is like vandalism, some idiot can't stand that something looks good so they chuck a rock through it to wreck it. There are idiots everywhere, right thinking people have to just keep on moving forward and leave them behind.

I think Rickie is ok. I don't care for his style, and definitely not his stache, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to lose a wink of sleep over my opinion. I think he handled himself very well in light of what happened. IMO I think this could be either a good or bad thing for him based on how he takes it. It become like a weight around his neck where it's always in the back of his mind and holds him down. Or, it could be a sort of release for him. Having a major meltdown in a high-profile tournament, on sunday, on national tv, has to be the worst fear of any PGA pro. So, maybe having the meltdown could cause him to relax and just focus on playing. IOW Ok, my worst fear happened, what do I have to lose now? Just get out and play the game.

I couldnt agree with you more. I dont much care for his style either, but when he puts his game where his mouth is, it speaks for itself. That wedge he hit to win his first PGA Tour event was probably the best shot of his career, and he was the deserved winner in the end.

He is young, he can only learn from the exprience

I agree. I'm not a fan of the stach or the orange. However of I could play as well as he does, and all I would have to do is wear the orange and have the stach.... I'd be in. LOL

You know what happened to Rickie? Golf happened. He just showed us that what happens to all of us can happen to him. This sport can giveth and taketh away like no other. Poor kid. It sucked watching that kind of collapse. Especially starting out with a birdie on #1. It must've been even worse for him to watch Tiger win the tournament. I bet he learned a lot from it.

I may be the only person, other than RF, that likes his outfits. I like the personality. I would wear any of those outfits, if my wife let me.

You know what happened to Rickie? Golf happened. He just showed us that what happens to all of us can happen to him. This sport can giveth and taketh away like no other. Poor kid. It sucked watching that kind of collapse. Especially starting out with a birdie on #1. It must've been even worse for him to watch Tiger win the tournament. I bet he learned a lot from it.

If Rickie was smart, and I think he is, he would have paid really close attention.

I may be the only person, other than RF, that likes his outfits. I like the personality. I would wear any of those outfits, if my wife let me.
The only outfit that's over the top for me is the ALL orange. The rest aren't to bad.

If Rickie was smart, and I think he is, he would have paid really close attention.

I bet he did too. It'll be one of those rounds that helps him far more than it hurt him.

Forum leader speaks the truth. I agree 10000% with this statement.

I get the bit about Fowler and Rory... Don't understand the Phil part. How did his decision to withdraw cost him a US Open?

Hes talking about a past US Open where Phil made a bad decision that ended up costing him the win.

Kmac has it.

It's crazy to see the amount of hate RF gets after a bad round. He'll bounce back eventually but I don't think at the US Open. I believe it doesn't suit his game

I like it a good bit as well. Rickie's got flair.

Quoted for exactly what I was thinking. The sport had giveth plenty in the last few weeks with a win, 3 top-5's, 15 or 16 rounds of par or better. Its painful to watch a pro became very average on Sunday, but I'm not sure there aren't to many pros that would have handled it better then he did. He probably learned more from that 4-5 hour round of golf than he learned in the last 10 rounds. I'm pretty sure its known that I am I Rickie fan and a fan of his style, but I might be a bigger fan of his attitude towards the fans and the respect he has for the sport. Takes a good head to have that at 23 years of age.

Back