What is best wood/driver head cover you've used?

I enjoy the leather Stitch covers. For durability though, I will probably eventually replace them with Rose and Fire ballistic nylon though.

I love my Seamus headcovers, but after two years of use, the hybrid cover (the odd shaped one) is showing some pulls. I don’t see this happening with the driver and fairway, so I’m wondering if it’s just the shape that throws that one off.

I had some Stitch covers and gave them away. I was just looking for more padding/protection I guess.

The Rose & Fire ballistic covers look very cool and seem pretty bulletproof from a toughness standpoint; and that’s where I may look when it’s time to replace my Seamus covers.

I have always had my eye on Seamus ones but have never pulled the trigger. I may get one next time they do a roulette. I bought a Rose & Fire mystery box driver cover and will say it is very well made and seems very durable, just not as big a fan of the style.

has anyone heard of Sunfish headcovers? owned them? what do ya think of them?

I have always had my eye on Seamus ones but have never pulled the trigger. I may get one next time they do a roulette. I bought a Rose & Fire mystery box driver cover and will say it is very well made and seems very durable, just not as big a fan of the style.

Was it more a looks thing that you weren't wild about? Was there anything about the shape/etc. that turned you off?

I have a R&F ballistic putter cover, it's some high quality material, that's for darn sure. It'll last forever.

Also, it's quite rigid compared to the typical headcover. I believe they disclose that fact on the site and it's true.

I would think a more rigid cover would protect the club better. Do see it as a plus? Any downside to it?

I would think a more rigid cover would protect the club better. Do see it as a plus? Any downside to it?

Absolutely a plus there. No negative really, only highlighted as to one's possible preference.

I have a Jan Craig on my driver and hybrid and love them.

Was it more a looks thing that you weren't wild about? Was there anything about the shape/etc. that turned you off?

No nothing about the shape in fact I like the shape, its longer than the stock headcover which I like because it will protect the shaft better. I'm not really turned off by them, in fact if I had a whole set that matched I may like it better I just have a driver cover currently (I have a digital camo one). I'm just more of a fan of the all the colors and variety that Seamus offers.

I find that I'm not wild about the looks of the Seamus covers. I like the simple designs of theirs the best (NAVY WAXED CANVAS maybe). But if you like plaids, man they have some options!

Sunfish or Rose and Fire are my favorites. Feel good, last a long time, look good.

I have a Jan Craig on my driver and hybrid and love them.

+2
If you like the Pom Pom look....Mine are 2yrs old and I love them

has anyone heard of Sunfish headcovers? owned them? what do ya think of them?

I'm currently using sunfish leather covers for my driver and fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seamus.

I'm a dunce, bear with me...

Mentioned earlier that I bought a Ballistics Nylon putter cover from Rose & Fire. I did this because it matched the look of a driver headcover that I received separately from Bombtech Golf.

Original cover failed 3 years or so ago, figured what the hell? Sent an email to Bombtech and the owner Sully called me direct and promised me an indestructible headcover that he gave to me and shipped free.

It was and is indestructible, love it. No insignia on the outside, never thought to inspect it and I thought that I was quite the sleuth in finding a matching material for it through Rose & Fire.

This thread inspired me to finally inspect the headcover for a manufacturer. Inside, there it is.... DOH!!!

e8ca6bcf05f200abb53f29ea2839bd80.jpg
dd0f34bf7882d12a5f0c651f21052adf.jpg

Craftsman Golf has some great headcovers. The quality is amazing. The leather and the inside are so soft. I think they are having a sale right now too

I'm a dunce, bear with me...

Mentioned earlier that I bought a Ballistics Nylon putter cover from Rose & Fire. I did this because it matched the look of a driver headcover that I received separately from Bombtech Golf.

Original cover failed 3 years or so ago, figured what the hell? Sent an email to Bombtech and the owner Sully called me direct and promised me an indestructible headcover that he gave to me and shipped free.

It was and is indestructible, love it. No insignia on the outside, never thought to inspect it and I thought that I was quite the sleuth in finding a matching material for it through Rose & Fire.

This thread inspired me to finally inspect the headcover for a manufacturer. Inside, there it is.... DOH!!!

e8ca6bcf05f200abb53f29ea2839bd80.jpg
dd0f34bf7882d12a5f0c651f21052adf.jpg

Thanks WMac19. Great info & pix! I'm pretty frugal (OK, cheap). I have been known to grab covers out of the bin at Play It Again Sports for my woods. So the idea of spending $60-$100+ for a single head cover is hard for me to grasp. But since I'm not finding any really appealing cheap alternatives, and since the Rose & Fire non-leather choices aren't that much more expensive than buying a matching OEM cover, I am really leaning this way. I do like that camo cover they have, but the black stealth appeals & wouldn't clash with the color scheme of my bag as much as some of the other options. Of course, The Freedom USA covers are really nice too. Then I start thinking "Hmmm, maybe get an "Old Glory" leather driver cover & the Freedom for the rest of the woods/hybrids."

I am really overthinking this lol!

Hadn't heard of Striped, so Thx.

Previously, I liked Iliac before they became really really expensive.

Now I've gone to Seamus and buy them through DiscountDansGolf.com.

Bought a custom Cru Driver Cover for my older son - nice cover, but a bit heavy for my taste.

The Diamond Tour headcovers you can get off ebay for $15 and under are really nice for the price. They fit great and don't fall off. Picked this one up for $10.

dd0168730967872fced350f7cdc43f20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks WMac19. Great info & pix! I'm pretty frugal (OK, cheap). I have been known to grab covers out of the bin at Play It Again Sports for my woods. So the idea of spending $60-$100+ for a single head cover is hard for me to grasp. But since I'm not finding any really appealing cheap alternatives, and since the Rose & Fire non-leather choices aren't that much more expensive than buying a matching OEM cover, I am really leaning this way. I do like that camo cover they have, but the black stealth appeals & wouldn't clash with the color scheme of my bag as much as some of the other options. Of course, The Freedom USA covers are really nice too. Then I start thinking "Hmmm, maybe get an "Old Glory" leather driver cover & the Freedom for the rest of the woods/hybrids."

I am really overthinking this lol!
Ha, I'm absolutely the same in that it's hard to part with cold hard cash for a headcover. I was taken back a bit by the cost of some a few years back when I first searched.

But... if my newly discovered to be Rose & Fire driver headcover is indicative of the quality you can expect, and no reason to think it's not, it'll last for years and years.

Seriously, it's absolutely as new save for slight fading of the embroidered American Flag patch and it must've seen 120+ rounds over 3 years. Not a mark nor scratch nor loose thread on it at far as I can see.

Ha, I'm absolutely the same in that it's hard to part with cold hard cash for a headcover. I was taken back a bit by the cost of some a few years back when I first searched.

But... if my newly discovered to be Rose & Fire driver headcover is indicative of the quality you can expect, and no reason to think it's not, it'll last for years and years.

Seriously, it's absolutely as new save for slight fading of the embroidered American Flag patch and it must've seen 120+ rounds over 3 years. Not a mark nor scratch nor loose thread on it at far as I can see.

Good to know. Now I just have to decide on the style...

Mac is right on. I've had my R&F covers all season and they all look brand new. I see these lasting for years and years.

I just got the Rose & Fire ballistic head covers for my birthday. Free is good!
BlackBallisticNylon1_1024x1024.jpg

Back