What is your favorite golf ball of choice and why???

bhribik21

Reaction score
Handicap
Just trying to start up a thread to get people to tell us what their favorite choice of golf ball is and why......just give your honest opinion about how your favorite golf ball helps your game.

Bridgestone e6 (yellow) for the following reasons

1) I was tested numerous times via the online b-fit and through mobile ball testing by Bridgestone and each time the e6 was determined to be the right ball for me
2) My game has definitely improved since I switched to the e6 ball and thus I approach the game with more confidence.
3) The yellow color of the ball makes it real easy to see off the tee and find when not in the fairway .
4) The company itself (Bridgestone), and the way they treat their customers is second to none!

Titleist ProV1. The spin around the greens is second to none for me, which makes it incredibly workable with the wedges. I can work the ball on the irons and woods somewhat easily, too. It gives good distance, although not the longest ball out there. The downsides are that it makes slices and hooks worse and it's not durable at all.

Me I bounce between Titleist pro V1x and Nike 20Xl X. I can't play the regular pro V1 cuz I spin it way to much. Same way with the Nike 20Xl S. I think if I had to choose right now i would go with the Nike 20Xl X cuz i hit it a ton with my driver even in colder Pennsylvania winter weather like tow days ago when i played, I can get great control and shot shaping from my long irons all the way up to my short irons and i can get that great hit bounce check on the green from my little knock down wedge shots. Not saying the pro V1x doesn't do that i just prefer the

Bridgestone B330RX, I love how it feels of the club head, gained some distance, and performs great around the green.

penta p idk it just feels right

For me it's last years penta. I'm yet to try the new one but last years one was incredible. I just kept going back to it whenever I changed.
I get great distance with little spin off the driver and I get amazing spin into the greens. Everything else doesn't matter for me.

I just can't settle on one ball :at-wits-end: e6 or Nike Vapor are both good but still not 100% comfortable with either. Think I'm going to try the Bridgestone 330RX and TM Rocketballz next

I am currently gaming the Callaway i(Z). I'm not tied particularly tight to it, but like the combination of green side spin, driver distance, and durability. I'm sure I will waver through the year, but for now, its my gamer.

Bridgestone e6 (yellow) for the following reasons

1) I was tested numerous times via the online b-fit and through mobile ball testing by Bridgestone and each time the e6 was determined to be the right ball for me
2) My game has definitely improved since I switched to the e6 ball and thus I approach the game with more confidence.
3) The yellow color of the ball makes it real easy to see off the tee and find when not in the fairway .
4) The company itself (Bridgestone), and the way they treat their customers is second to none!

Exatcly what WR says except I have been fitted numerous times with the B330-RX instead of the e-6 so the B330-RX for me.

the nike 20XI-x it has a 3mph ball speed then any other ball ive tried. it flies better in the wind, has enough spin around the greens to stick and suck back.

Right now, I'm playing the ProV1. Started with that ball a 5 or so years back. I have also bagged the Nike Black/Platinum, Callaway i<S> / i<Z> and Bridgestone 330S. I have constantly gone bag to the ProV1, Why? with the Nike Black, I didn't like the performance around and on the greens. The Callaway performed just as well but lost a little bit of distance. I actually lost a full club's distance with the B330S (which I was fitted for) although the performance around/on the greens was awsome. I just purchased the Razr-FIT and was given 9 of the Hex Black's so I will try those out. I Love it with the driver but want to see how it is with the other clubs. Here is the bottom line "FOR ME", the ProV1 gives me the distance I want/need (with every club), is predictable with my irons and is great around/on the greens.

I am partial to the Taylormade Penta because it fits my swing and game. I know I can get after it with out fear of getting tons of side spin. And it always seems to have distance to spare.

I play the "mid-tier" balls always, mainly due to price. I've played 3 different balls over the last 12 months, Bridgestone e5, e6 and now the Taylormade RBZ. Out of those three the RBZ is my favorite. The RBZ is slightly longer than both by around 3 to 5 yards on average and has excellent spin going into the greens. Also it does a offer some decent spin control off of the driver from a poorly hit shot, doesn't get too far off line.

The Bridgestone B330-RXS. Although I lose a little distance with this ball I gain a lot of control. I seem to hit fairways more often and it really shows up in the longer irons. Testing these for THP and Bridgestone has made me a believer.....

Bstone B330-RX. Not only is it long off of the tee and spin nice around the green. But it is also the most durable premium ball I have ever played. I have yet had to take one out of play because it was scuffed.

I go between the Srixon Tri Speed and the Bridgestone B330-RX .... the 330 has more spin at the green but the Srixon is ALMOST as good there, I have NO PROBLEM holding the green with either one of these balls. HOWEVER, for me, the Srixon is quite a bit longer off the tee. So MOST of the time I'm gaming the Tri Speed and really LIKE IT !! I play it in white and yellow. I doubt when the 330's that I have are gone that I'll buy any more. I'm pretty stuck on the Tri Speed.

What are everyones favorite ball to use?

What are everyones favorite ball to use?

Just looking to see what everyone plays on THP? I'm open to any ball but I always end back up with a dozen of Titlest Pro V1's...

I think there may be another thread about this. I'm currently playing and loving the Bridgestone E6

Right now it's the Callaway Hex Chrome... Love the feel and control it gives me.

Thanks JB. Im new to this and just curious about the best golfball out there?

Wilson FG Tour best for me anyway. Comparable to pro-v1 and not as expensive

I don't have one in particular. I usually have a sleeve of balls from a 5 manufacturers. I'll start off with one and use it till it's wrecked or lost. If i really liked it i'll use the same make. Normally after the second ball i'll try another make. This summer i played a Srixon Z star yellow a lot. Pro V1X was second and i just started plyaing the callaway hex black a bit. I've never found a ball where i went "this is it. This is my ball."

Back