What was your worst round ever?

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
Everyone likes to talk about their lowest score and best overall rounds. But what was your highest score ever and/or worst overall round?

I think mine was 141. It was the first time I ever played golf. And it was on a difficult course. I had gone to the driving range many times but had no idea what to expect on an actual course. I had no clue what I was doing...that was a LONG day

i can't really remember the actual score, but when i first got into golf i played on a local 9 hole track and i think i shot like a 66 or something like that. i do know that my highest score on one hole came last year. i ink'd a 17 on a par 5 after hitting 6 balls into the water for my approach. it was painful and i was 2 over going into that hole (#12)

I had a 137 in my first high school tournament! I also shot over 130 at Tiffany Greens (in K.C., former site of a Senior event) playing from the tips and taking a 17 on the first hole. I shot 130 something last summer at MO's course.

I think my worst (we're talking Par 3 courses here) :nono: was a +44 over!! That's B-A-D!!!

Looks like I'm the winner (loser?) so far...

I dont htink first rounds should count as worst rounds. You cant expect to have a good round if you havent done if before

I'm sure when I first started I was bad, but the worst tournament round I can remember was a 99. I was completely humiliated. I voluntarily took a 10 on a par 3 because I didn't feel like finishing the hole. I was stuck in a bunker and kept skulling it into another bunker across from it back and forth.

Looks like I'm the winner (loser?) so far...

I think that is because you continued to keep count. When I first started playing, I rarely scored my rounds. I was out there for practice and for the excuse of spending some quality time outdoor. When I play now, I'll stop keeping score if it keeps growing exponentially. I don't carry a handicap or play in any competitive tourneys so keeping score is merely a "look at what I did" moment.

I dont htink first rounds should count as worst rounds. You cant expect to have a good round if you havent done if before

I think that is because you continued to keep count. When I first started playing, I rarely scored my rounds. I was out there for practice and for the excuse of spending some quality time outdoor. When I play now, I'll stop keeping score if it keeps growing exponentially. I don't carry a handicap or play in any competitive tourneys so keeping score is merely a "look at what I did" moment.

well it wasn't like I had never swung a club before. I just had no idea how to swing it properly. haha. I keep score no matter how bad it may seem because that is how I monitor my improvement (or lately my decline)

not counting when i first started playing a thousand years ago and i was umm 8?...

my most recent rounds that ive scored... not counting the 2 practice rounds i just played...
i shot a 103-114... that supposedly coming from an 8-9 hcp... unacceptable

My worst in the past 5 years or so since I picked the game back up is 99. I shot that about 3 weeks ago on a course I HATE!!! And I agree bogey... anything in the 90s for is unacceptable, when you have a 6 handicap you should do better...

6 JB Specials in 2 hours

I can't remember what my worst score was, but shot a 98 a few weeks ago. Played in a scramble last year with three buddies and gave them absolutely no help at all. I think we might have used a couple puts, one chip and one drive. I just sucked it up something awfull.

the past 2 rounds with my brothers... couldnt break a hundred...
the 2 rounds after my brothers left... i shoot mid 80's... wth?
i know exactly what im doing wrong but i cant ever help it cuz i wanna win soo bad... lol

I chose our Club Championships last year to hit my all-time low. 2 months previously I had achieved a huge goal by breaking 80 for the first time and the next couple of rounds were 82, 83. Pretty good for me and I was looking forward to the summer. Then one day I just started hooking the carp out of everything; no big deal I thought, happens sometimes. Trouble is it never went away and I couldn't stand to a shot with any confidence of where it would go, it was either snapped left or blocked right....way right.

With this is mind my day at the Champs was always going to be tough. I started off laying up on the 1st as the green is small and has a rife at the front. 70 yards to go and I pulled my wedge long and left into the woods behind. 25 yards long and 30 yards off target. I carried on and for the first 6 holes shot 9, 7, 6, 7, 9, 6 (2 par 3s and a Par 5 in there) and not feeling too wonderful came to the 7th tee. 3 drives went OB so I just grabbed my PW and decided to bunt one up to the corner and take it from there. I snapped it OB again...a wedge for God's sake. My next wedge shot was ok, followed by a toed 8 iron and a snap hooked 7 iron into a ditch. I walked off with a 16.

I got to within 110 yards of the 8th green but my approach was so awful I knew it was time to get out of playing partners' way and I picked up from the fringe having taken 9 or 10 to get there and headed home.

That was my worst round, not a complete score obviously but a day that hurt me badly. It took me months to gradually free myself from technical issues and just start to swing again and recently my game has got to an acceptable level. But that was a round where I really felt as if someone had given me somebody else's arms to play with, legs too.

Thirty years ago this week I was playing in the WI state high school tournament on the links course at Lawsonia in Green Lake, WI. I was not a great player, but maybe top 20 to 30 in the state. On the front nine there is an uphill par three that was playing about 210. There is a grass face in front of the green that goes practically straight up. At the bottom is a bunker. I hit what was I thought was a pretty good 2i that hit the top of that face and rolled all the way down to the bunker. I hit what I thought were four good bunker shots only to see all of them not quite clear the top and roll back down into the bunker. The fifth finally cleared the top and I two putted for an 8. The next hole was a par 5 and I hit two balls OB off the tee and made 9. 9 over par in two holes. Shot 51 on the front as I just could not recover. Managed a 39 on the back for 90.

That sticks in my mind as the worst round of golf I ever played. Kind of ruined my high school career. I shot 78 the next day, but that was no consolation. I think the winner shot 71-68. The worst part of it was at that time a team counted the four best scores out of five players. Between the first and second rounds, two guys on my team were wrestling around in our hotel room. One put his arm through a window, cut it severely, and had to withdraw so we had to count my scores. I think we finished third from last. Still aches when I think about it.

Kevin

Back