What Would Make You Take More Course Pictures?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently sent out a survey (not to THPers) about taking pictures of courses. It was asked what would make you take more photos of courses, equipment, etc.

I wanted to ask THPers as well, because I am genuinely curious. Do you take a lot of pictures at the course? Any?

I take a fair amount.

For me to take more, it needs to be a special round, or at a special place. A pretty day on the course, something cool to see (sunset, wildlife, friends falling down etc)

I need to do better about taking pictures of people (in general, not just falling down) for rounds with friends.

Depends on a few things...where I am playing, if I want to show off a new piece of equipment, and with who I am playing a round with. If I am aiming for a fast round i will deposit my phone in the cart and focus solely on getting through the round.
Overall I say I take quite a few pictures on the course from a quick glance through my photo history.

Only if it's special round of golf at a private or resort course. Definitely if I'm traveling and playing a course for the first time. THP events too.

If it's a special course or special round with people, I take a lot. Other than that, probably 2-3 each round if the right instance occurs.

Sadly my photos don't ever look like what my eyes see they always turn out boring and flat looking so I only take pictures if the course warrants it.

If I'm somewhere new and scenic I tend to take quite a few pictures. My regular courses, not really unless there's something special like a funky lie, beautiful sunset, etc. If I get new equipment I like to take some pictures to share also.

The amount I take generally depends on the situation, occurence and people I am playing with. For rounds at my home course that I have played well over 1000 times, taking pictures never crosses my mind unless I see something highly unusual (wildlife and such), hit a ridiculously good shot or draw an incredibly bad lie. At a THP event/experience it is an entirely different mindset as the courses played, fun had and the overall experience is at a whole different level so I like to document it through pictures as much as possible.

Usually comes down to the course and if I’m gonna take photos. No one wants to see photos of the goat track golf club, so probably not gonna pull out my phone.

Nicer courses I’ll remember, but even then? Sometimes it’s nice to just the memory than the photo.

Sadly my photos don't ever look like what my eyes see they always turn out boring and flat looking so I only take pictures if the course warrants it.

Modern tech can really fix that with the press of one button

Modern tech can really fix that with the press of one button

I still haven't learned those tricks

Few things-- course I'm playing, people I'm playing with or something that I find unique showing up (had a turkey on a putting green few years ago)

Honestly time and the ability to take better photos.

If I am on the course, between holes we want to keep pace, and there isn't much time to dig in the bag, take a good photo, and then repack stuff (and I am saying even with a phone there isn't time). If it is a day when there is a wait, I definitely try and take time.

Surrounding wise too, pictures of the run down courses around here don't generally look great. Also, time away from the course to work on taking better photos is something I really need.

Few things-- course I'm playing, people I'm playing with or something that I find unique showing up (had a turkey on a putting green few years ago)

That would be both crazy and delicious :ROFLMAO:

111.jpg

Some days I take more then others. I’ve been trying to do more. We will see in a couple hours about today. 8:05 tee time

I take a ton of course pictures, especially at Bucket list courses. I always have my phone with me anyway, so not hard to snap pictures, and the picture quality on phones is so good now that they usually come out pretty good.

I rarely take any pictures on the course. Usually I've The Grint running on my phone and it's a pain in the @ss to switch back and forth to take a picture. Also, I usually play solo so there's no playing partners to take pictures of and there's not really much, on my regular track, to take pictures of.

Now, if I see something unusual (i.e. wildlife scene, etc,) I'll snap a picture. A special event or gathering would warrant some camera time (I'm sure I'll take a few pics at the Unofficial AZ Outing) but everyday singles golf rarely inspires the shutterbug.

That would be both crazy and delicious :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8915768

Your picture is much better than mine, however here is the one in question

20170402_120247.jpg

She came over and curled up next to me like this while I putted. Stayed there the whole time and moved with me when I switched holes.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Depends, but I normally get so wrapped up in the experience and enjoying the lack of "outside of golf" distractions that my phone is the last thing im thinking about. that means less pictures that I wish I took. I'm good with that though, because for me golf is about the moment and those around me.

I take some mostly because my wife always asks me, "did you take any pictures?"

I would take a lot more golf pictures if I had a drone and didn't feel like I was violating space and privacy of others. I'm all about perspective and love seeing landscapes from unique perspectives.

Really scenic views, not a lot of people there that would be in the shot.. or a Memorable round/course, but then again it may just stay on my phone and take up space

I’d say I definitely take more pictures than most.

picked up a new iphone and had some camera tutorials should help

I don't take pictures much at all on the course. I'm fiddling around with my phone enough as it is tracking shots and getting yardages.

If I see something unique or awe inspiring, I might snap a pic, but it'd have to be something special.

I take a few but don't take more for pretty much the same reasons as everyone have said. If I took the time to dig through whatever apps or programs there are to help with iPhone photos and could produce a better result, I might take more. Usually I'm focused on playing and having a good time with those in the group and haven't the interest to stop more than a couple of times to grab a quick shot of something I perceive as interesting at that moment. Other times, I simply don't think about it.

Anything more than the camera on my phone isn't happening.

Your picture is much better than mine, however here is the one in question

View attachment 8915775

She came over and curled up next to me like this while I putted. Stayed there the whole time and moved with me when I switched holes.

Maybe she was sizing you up for their own version of a holiday? :oops:

Back