What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am traveling for work today and tomorrow so probably a steak one night and some good seafood the other night.

Those are the same things I always look for when I go out of town.

I made bison filets on the grill tonight. Served it with some simmered butternut squash with brown sugar and sage and topped off with a little balsamic. Also had some Asparagus on the grill.

Last edited:
Those are the same things I always look for when I go out of town.

Sounds fabulous!

This is a crazy, crazy week. Heavy on the crockpot.

Went to BDs Mongolian for the 1st time today for lunch. Had a big bowl of ribeye mixed up with some potatoes, don't recall the sauce I mixed up but it was hot & tasty.

They are having a special this week, not sure if it's every location or just ours, $5 a bowl.

Prosciutto and provolone tortellini with a sage butter sauce and a salad.

Prosciutto and provolone tortellini with a sage butter sauce and a salad.

Set me a place--I'll even bring the wine.

I made bison filets on the grill tonight. Served it with some simmered butternut squash with brown sugar and sage and topped off with a little balsamic. Also had some Asparagus on the grill.

That sounds really good Gasman.

For me it's dinner at the club after a tournament this afternoon. Not sure what I will be having but the drinks will be flowing. The project I have been working on the last ten months finally closed Wednesday.

That sounds really good Gasman.

For me it's dinner at the club after a tournament this afternoon. Not sure what I will be having but the drinks will be flowing. The project I have been working on the last ten months finally closed Wednesday.

Congrats on the closing!

Fundraiser season is in full gear. I'm betting it will be either dry chicken or overcooked salmon, accompanied by either too-oaky Chardonnay or that banquet hall Carbernet that is pretty much cough syrup with a kick.

La Dolce Vita tonight for Italian food. Looking forward to great food and equally good company.

I don't count calories, I look at fat content & utilize portion control. The Fat Sandwich will be my pigout meal & probably all I eat that day. Instead of for example ordering a dbl qtr pounder & a 20 piece chicken nugget, I will just have the nuggets. Dieting for myself doesn't mean suffering & not eating what I enjoy, just cutting back some.

Dyna - I understand cutting back, but you must eat massive amounts of food. Who eats that much at McDonald's in one meal?

Dyna - I understand cutting back, but you must eat massive amounts of food. Who eats that much at McDonald's in one meal?

That was an example & it was incorrect. I wouldn't eat a dbl qtr pounder & a 20 piece nugget. It would be a 10 piece nugget & the sandwich:D I have always been able to pound down a huge amount of food, not sure why either. Maybe my tapeworm is hungry????

According to The Kid:

Mom takes everything out of the refrigerator, puts it in the crockpot, cooks it for 12 hours, and calls it dinner.

He's an eater, yet he's not overweight. I saw him eat a big burger and an order of chicken tenders when we played golf together. Double meal.

Dyna, I was looking at the Big Fat Sandwich menu. Are you going to tackle the Big Fat Ugly? If you do, you should take some pictures. Looks like they make some pretty crazy sandwiches. I feel a Madison road trip in my near future.

Kevin

It's Mexican night! :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

Homemade mac & cheese. I :love: mac & cheese.

He's an eater, yet he's not overweight. I saw him eat a big burger and an order of chicken tenders when we played golf together. Double meal.

Dyna, I was looking at the Big Fat Sandwich menu. Are you going to tackle the Big Fat Ugly? If you do, you should take some pictures. Looks like they make some pretty crazy sandwiches. I feel a Madison road trip in my near future.

Kevin

No way would I try that sandwich, the Fat Badger looks good me.

BTW, at our weigh in yesterday I was down 8 lbs in a week. Yay for me, i'm the biggest loser for the week. Now my boss has decided he must beat me & just joined Anytime Fitness to help him.

BTW, at our weigh in yesterday I was down 8 lbs in a week. Yay for me, i'm the biggest loser for the week.

Good for you Dyna!

No way would I try that sandwich, the Fat Badger looks good me.

BTW, at our weigh in yesterday I was down 8 lbs in a week. Yay for me, i'm the biggest loser for the week. Now my boss has decided he must beat me & just joined Anytime Fitness to help him.

How the hell do you lose 8 lbs. in one week????

How the hell do you lose 8 lbs. in one week????

Portion control as well as no chips. I am addicted to potato chips & cannot stop eating them until the bag is empty. I stay pretty busy at work & have a high metabolism. I was only shooting for 5-6 the 1st week & then 4-5 a week there after until I reached my goal.

I am addicted to potato chips & cannot stop eating them until the bag is empty.

Me too - I have no self- control when they're around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back