What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some Taco Bell tonight :D

Clearly. I figured there HAD to be more to it than that.

Actually, there is. Your lack of popular culural awareness is again your fatal flaw, CfC. You see, for almost a decade, the creators of Betamax fought a rearguard action to sustain its piece of the home video market. Taking a page from Sun Tzu's The Art of War, they concluded that they could not defeat their adversary, the producers of the VHS system, without a level of devious intervention. So they began to craft their own VHS tapes using lead, rather than celluloid, -based film tape. The cost to them in resources and shipping weight of this switch, they believed, would be outweighed by the public outcry against the VHS industrial complex that would surely follow from the madness that the tapes would engender in the many children who regularly stick everything they find in their mouths. Once the hearts and minds of the home movie-watching public turned against the VHS system, the elders of Betamax would be poised to sweep in and take the market. Sadly, their plan was revealed in a series of leaked memoranda that were surreptitiously copied and smuggled from an underground bunker at Betamax HQ in the socks of an intrepid investigative journalist who had an inside source at Betamax, popularly known in the published literature on this watershed of reportage as "the deep dark hole." At any rate, an unfortunate if not unforseen consequence of the attempt at industrial warcraft was the millions of young people who were directly exposed. Those who survive exhibit clear signs of Nero-like obsession and lunacy, as well as a distinct taste for lead rentals. Harry must be one of these vestigial lead-Beta-children. The signs were all there in his postings if you had only been looking.

Last edited:
Actually, there is. Your lack of popular culural awareness is again your fatal flaw, CfC. You see, for almost a decade, the Betamax fought a rearguard action to sustain its piece of the home video market. Taking a page from Sun Zu's The Art of War, they concluded that they could not defeat their adversary, the VHS system, without a level of devious intervention. So they began to craft their own VHS tapes using lead, rather than celluloid, -based film tape. The cost to them in resources and shipping weight of this switch, they believed, would be outweighed by the public outcry against the VHS industrial complex that would surely follow from the madness that the tapes would engender in the many children who regularly stick everything they find in their mouths. Once the hearts and minds of the home movie-watching public turned against the VHS system, the elders of Betamax would be poised to sweep in and take the market. Sadly, their plan was revealed in a series of leaked memoranda that were seriptiously copied and smuggled from an underground bunker at Betamax HQ in the socks of an intrepid investigative journalist whose brother was an inside source at Betamax, known in the published literature on this watershed of reportage as "the deep dark hole." At any rate, an unfortunate if not unforseen consequence of the attempt at industrial warcraft was the millions of young people who were directly exposed. Those who survive exhibit clear signs of Nero-like obsession and lunacy, as well as a distinct taste for lead rentals. Harry must be one of these vestigial lead-Beta-children. The signs were all there in his postings if you had only been looking.

Seriously LOL there, WSE. With two quibbles, only one of which is non-spelling (and I'll let you figure out your own spelling error). The only Betamax machine I ever saw in my life had a wired remote. Even as a toddler, Mr. Longshanks would never have gone near one of those!

3 shao bao...its an asian thing :D

Our HR person made Ham and beans and cornbread for lunch.

Spoiler
I won't tell Harry that I add ketchup to the ham and beans!

Our HR person made Ham and beans and cornbread for lunch.

Spoiler
I won't tell Harry that I add ketchup to the ham and beans!

Spoiler
Was the cornbread sweetened?

Spaghetti tonight, at Boo Girl's insistence. I hope she doesn't gorge herself sick this time.

I dunno. It was good.

Going to the Nats game if it isn't pouring rain, so probably a $6 hot dog and $7 beer. On the bright side, I filled up the candy bowl in my office this morning, and have had at least a dozen mini Milky Ways so far today. Mmmm.

I filled up the candy bowl in my office this morning, and have had at least a dozen mini Milky Ways so far today. Mmmm.

Chocolate: it's not just for breakfast any more.

Seriously LOL there, WSE. With two quibbles, only one of which is non-spelling (and I'll let you figure out your own spelling error). The only Betamax machine I ever saw in my life had a wired remote. Even as a toddler, Mr. Longshanks would never have gone near one of those!

Fixed 'em. Or some of 'em at least.

we got a quesadilla maker so for the past two nights we have had quesadillas and they are delicious!!! Last night was traditional cheese and salsa, tonight was a pizza dilla, cheese, turkey pepperoni and sauce, yum!

Hot Italian sausages for me steak for the Mrs. She is so high maitenance.

Did you lease or buy? There are some good trade in deals out there right now. (I kid of course.) *Claire this doesn't mean we don't need a young mens romantic advice thread haha.

we got a quesadilla maker so for the past two nights we have had quesadillas and they are delicious!!! Last night was traditional cheese and salsa, tonight was a pizza dilla, cheese, turkey pepperoni and sauce, yum!

A quesadilla maker? We just use a saute pan. It works fine.

A quesadilla maker? We just use a saute pan. It works fine.

Claire, I thought so to. Then JB bought one and we tested it out, and I am not going to lie, this thing is freaking amazing. I always just made my quesadillas in a pan but the crust you get from this machine is so much better.

I always use the broiler for quesadillas or the bbq. Were going to the local fish house tonight. Im really hooked on this Tazmanian Ocean Trout.

Leftover Beef Stew. Jacqui had a late appointment and I got home late so we were on our own.

Claire, I thought so to. Then JB bought one and we tested it out, and I am not going to lie, this thing is freaking amazing. I always just made my quesadillas in a pan but the crust you get from this machine is so much better.

You have every food machine known to man!

we do, including a new rice cooker and steamer. The problem is JB cannot be left alone with a new credit card, bad things happen haha.

How big is your kitchen? Mine is enormous, and I wouldn't have room for all that.

How big is your kitchen? Mine is enormous, and I wouldn't have room for all that.

Our kitchen is not very big and we have already run out of room. I was just saying last night that we need to buy a curio or some kind of storage unit to keep all our kitchen gadgets and extra appliances.

First of all, we dont have a new credit card. 2nd of all, the crazy lady that is to be my wife has no issue with the surprises when they show up. We have every kitchen appliance in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back