What's more satisfying, GIR or FIR?

GIR. Because when I get it, all I have to do is to putt well. FIR is nice, but has little impact score-wise. FIR doesn't guarantee a good score, but a non-FIR can mean a bad score.

GIR's for me. They're rarer and usually means I'm leaving with a nice score.

GIR, that means I'm playing to hole correctly, and didn't mess up too bad!

GIR, you only need two solid putts for par.

FIR, you need a three more solid shots for par, most likely.

And md besodes no better feeling than walking down a fairway with your putter in hand and the ball on the green.

Has to be GIR for me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

GIR all the way. Now if I could increase GIR and decrease putts per round I might be getting somewhere.

This right here, it goes along with my favorite saying. I don't hit a ton of greens in regulation but when I do I three putt.

For me it's GIR. Yes smashing drives is fun but it becomes less and less fun when you are trying to grind out par putts.

GIR's. 16 GIR's will (should) result in a better score than 14 FIR's.

GIR all day long. 2 putt to freedom...

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the FIR's lead to more GIR's so I will say fairways for me!!

FIR much more satisfying, but GIR better for score. I shot one of my lowest rounds with the only focus of hitting every green. Its amazing how different your mindset is compared to aiming at the flag.

Probably GIR for me, but i do love seeing a great struck drive down the middle.

GIR for me because I can at least 3 putt for bogey from almost anywhere. Hitting the fairway is only a small part of defeating a golf hole.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know about being for satisfying because both are essential for good scores. But I'm with Cookie, I score on the greens. So GIR gets my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIR's for sure, although hitting the fairway is always a good confidence boost moving forward.

Has to be GIR.

FIR while nice is not essential to scoring in my opinion.

GIR, for sure. Although, for my game, they are usually closely associated.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

GIR for sure. Greater impact on scoring.

The FIR can hide more bad shots. A skied drive, a drop kick, thin after a low hit on the face. I can get a FIR on a bad shot that is 25 yards less than my average drive. That's not going to happen with GIR's. Most of those are going to be decent shots.

For me it is FIRs because they not only tend to lead to more GIRs for me but, on average, I am usually able to get the ball closer to the hole from a good fairway lie.

GIR all day. I like to get FIRs but the GIRs is what really matters for scoring better to me.

I can't score consistently without GIR, so GIR it is. I've had plenty of high FIR rounds with low GIR that don't end well. High GIR almost always ends well.

GIR all day every day. FIR doesn't mean much as long as the next shot is playable for me. GIR unless I'm a mile away is typically at least a guaranteed par. I've bogied or doubled many holes where I initially hit FIR.

...or worse. Damn sand traps & water hazards!

GIR for me. Being a so-so putter at best, getting on a green in regulation gives me the best opportunity for par. FIR's are nice, but no guarantee of getting on the green in regulation.

Definitely GIR.

GIR for sure

Back