What's Your Favorite Hamburger Restaurant?

You guys beat me to it. I like the burgers, shakes are fantastic but anytime someone mentions wanting to go there I throw that out about the thin fries. Those thin shoestring fries are just not my favorite and I think that makes me not want to eat steak&Shake when I have that burger craving.

I go for the onion rings.

When I went to Five Guys for the first time...I had exactly the same thought on the milkshakes.

I will celebrate if the day ever comes that In N Out opens in Atlanta.

I am glad someone else felt that way. It seems whenever I mention that to people in conversation it's like they never have thought about it but once I bring it up then they are like 'yeah that makes sense.' I think I even asked at the counter my first time at a Five Guys because I did not seen milkshakes listed on the menu and I could not believe a burger joint did not have shakes. It's like a ballpark without a hot dog. Just shouldn't happen in my opinion.

I go for the onion rings.

That makes sense. For whatever reason I have never been a huge onion ring guy. I will eat them if someone orders them but i hardly ever request them. Maybe that is what I should do at steak&shake next time.

I like Sonic. What is my favorite at Sonic are the onion rings. Made fresh daily (or they used to be). I know because when I was 17 I was the onion ring maker!

Yep, still handmade every day and the burgers are still 100% beef unlike most others with fillers. If you haven't tried the new shakes you should. We no longer have soft serve, its real ice cream these days and good stuff. I've gained 10 lbs since the introduction, haha

Five Guys Burgers & Fries. For those from the NJ/NY area... even better is Shake Shack inside Citi Field.

Interesting picks with Sonic and Steaknshake...I am assuming 5guys has never been tasted by the fans of these two spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five Guys is good. Fuddruckers as well. Ribeye Steak Sandwich at Fuddruckers is unbeatable.

Interesting picks with Sonic and Steaknshake...I am assuming 5guys has never been tasted by the fans of these two spots

Five Guys Burgers & Fries. For those from the NJ/NY area... even better is Shake Shack inside Citi Field.

I'm with you buddy. Personally, all I heard was Sonic, sonic sonic. They finally built one near me and it simply didn't live up to the hype

There is a small place on Anna Maria Island in Florida that is about the size of a hole in the wall, but it is always jammed packed because of their delicious burgers! My grandma took me there once many years ago and now every time I go to visit her we go to Duffy's for a burger. Best....burgers.....ever.....PERIOD

5 guys is the best place near me.

There is a small place on Anna Maria Island in Florida that is about the size of a hole in the wall, but it is always jammed packed because of their delicious burgers! My grandma took me there once many years ago and now every time I go to visit her we go to Duffy's for a burger. Best....burgers.....ever.....PERIOD

Now you tell me, I just spent a week there on the beach with friends and we were craving a good burger. Next year

All depends on where you are...

NY - Shake Shack
NJ - Fuddruckers or Five Guys
FL - Five Guys
West Coast - In 'N Out

Steak 'N Shake is good but really only for the shakes, not the burgers.

Yep, still handmade every day and the burgers are still 100% beef unlike most others with fillers. If you haven't tried the new shakes you should. We no longer have soft serve, its real ice cream these days and good stuff. I've gained 10 lbs since the introduction, haha

And their shakes were not bad before so if there are better now that is trouble.

Two favorites for me, but neither is local. In SLC there is a place called The Training Table. They serve a Pastrami burger that is out of this world. An average size burger(1/4 lb.) with a 1/4lb of pastrami on top with all the usual stuff, pickle, onion, lettuce, tomato. If you go, order with the cheese fries. Delicious.
In Owensboro KY. There is a little place called Little T's diner. The T burger is a hand pattied behemoth that ways in at a 1/2 lb. it is about the size of a saucer and 1/2 inch thick. It is fire grilled and you pick what comes on it from a list of about 20 things from bacon, pineappple, ham, pastrami, and you name it. Runs about 6 bucks, but is absolutely divine.
Dangit, now I am hungry again!

And their shakes were not bad before so if there are better now that is trouble.

You be the judge and let me know. I thought they were ok before personally, but this new stuff has me eating it daily, lol.

I'm not much for eating fastfood or burgers in general, but long hours in the stores so I eat at least one meal a day. After almost 30 years I'm still a fan of Sonic food, but I know where it comes from, haha

5 guys is great. There's also a local restaurant here in Statesboro. (it's inside a gas station lol) that has great burgers.

I do like 5 guys, Steak & Shake and Sonic, but the best burger from a chain to me is Ruby Tuesday's, their burgers are awesome.

I'm with you buddy. Personally, all I heard was Sonic, sonic sonic. They finally built one near me and it simply didn't live up to the hype

Sonic wouldn't be in the top five burger joints in Cleveland, TN for me...of course, they closed the one near where I work because they were using it for a drug running front.

Never the less, it's ok, but I wouldn't put it in the same discussion as In-n-out, Five Guys, or Fuddruckers.

In n Out - hands down. The only fast food place I will make a special trip to go to if I'm in that part of the country. Everything animal style.

Sonic restaurants have started popping up here in SoCal and there burgers are good, not great. The tator-tots on the other hand, awesome!!!

Sonic restaurants have started popping up here in SoCal and there burgers are good, not great. The tator-tots on the other hand, awesome!!!

I will grant that their Tots are really good.

For those that said Steak and Shake fries were bad, you're right if they are plain. Drenched in cheese sauce, they are significantly better.

Here in Wisconsin we have a great burger chain called, "Culvers". Their patties are never frozen, everything is made fresh and the buns are toasted with a light layer of butter on the top of the bun.
Theres also a great burger joint in Madison called, "Dottie's Dumpling Dowry". Its just your run of the mill sports bar with a bunch of crazy, random stuff on the walls but the burgers are amazing!

Back