What's your method to consistent tee height?

pingman222

Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play
Something maybe overlooked, but can make a significant difference in ball contact off the tee. How do you guys make sure you get a consistent tee height every time?

Do you use stepped tees? your pinky as a measuring guide? Holding your driver beside the ball? Brush Tee? or do you just "know"?

Personally i think i've played so many rounds now i can just tell at address where i prefer the ball to be on the tee, if it doesn't look right to my eye i'll adjust it. I know for sure there are some of you out there with some fairly calculated methods though! Let's hear em!

I use my knuckles to set it to the same height each time. Seems to work for me with the driver and ball Im currently using.

Use a thp epoch. Has lines haha. Most of the time I just stick it in the ground and never really measure

Epoch tees. That's how. Problem solved.

Epoch tees or the callaway plastic tees with the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my driver behind the ball and eyeball it. Lines on the THP tees also help to some degree

Using THP Epoch tees gets me the same height every time.

THP Epoch tees, pinky pointing straight down. Stop when pinky hits the turf and can't go down anymore

THP Epoch tees as many others have mentioned. Makes it easy, they are sweet looking and I never seem to break them, only lose them once in a while.

EPOCH tees. Find the line at the height I need and boom pegged and ball teed up! Bonus if they are THP ones!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

All my tees are all the same height and I just put them in the ground far enough so they balance the ball! I don't even think about it but I know it's correct when I set the club behind the ball!

Honestly, I just wing it with driver. With irons I push in until the top is basically flush with the ground. With hybrids/fairway I just have the flared part at the top exposed.

Epoch tees here , irons are pushed all the way down, driver is about half in ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a different brand than Epoch (can't remember the name) that are striped, so it's never an issue.

3 1/4" step tee.

i measure the height against my right index finger. just below the second knuckle lines for driver, just below first knuckle line for woods/hybrids

Epoch tees, others have said it... it straight up works. Although I think I break them more often than most

I just know. I also vary my tee height depending on wind or what shape and height tee shot I'm planning on hitting.

Sit my driver behind it and adjust to the head. Will move it a bit to help with desired flight. Or intention of flight anyway.

I like a lower teed ball. So with my driver, I place the driver behind the ball and make sure the top of the ball is just above the crown of my driver. Everything else I use the short epoch tees and leave the ball just above the grass.

If I need consistent tee height I use the long Epoch tee. But I vary my tee height depending on the shot needed. A low cut is teed low. High, carry the breeze are teed high. Normal ball flight has another height

The way I see it is that I don't swing the same on every tee box...why would I want to tee the ball up the same height?

Haha kidding of course. I just use the ol' eye test.

Epoch tees with the lines. Same height every time.

Back