Do you guys have any recommendations for whiskey under $20 bucks for 750ml?

I’ve been enjoying Rebel Yell. Priced at 18.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weller or George Dickle aren’t horrible options in that range. If you don’t mind something that a little thin on the taste, Ancient Age out of Buffalo Trace can be found on the cheap.

Jim Beam has a couple of sub $20 offerings, the Distiller's Cut and Repeal Batch are nice. I still swear by the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond

Picked up a bottle of this based your comments and the fact that Evan Single Barrel has been my "go to" for the last couple of years. Bourbon is my spirit of choice, although I enjoy just about all the others too. I love to try new-to-me offerings often, but, have never ventured much lower than around the $25 range (if you don't count my college days when I'd drink stuff like Kentucky Gentleman because I could barely afford that). But, holy cow, this stuff is pretty good. I'm enjoying a glass over ice with a splash right now and my thoughts are that, at 100 proof, it would also work well for mixing. It won't bump Evan Single barrel, but deserves a spot in the cabinet.

Cardhu 12 tonight.

Very smooth! Somewhat thin on flavor.

I polished off a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked last night. Started off strong but ended up not liking it at the end. Too much brown sugar.

4acf49f33ef0b663ccef1ed9cd516c25.jpg

Single barrel store pick craft rye!

f357307a3e595a2af60628bbe15a6f8c.jpg

My cabinet decided I should drink some of these tonight
be5bd050c2ef1b1d53f0c508eac94392.jpg
82bcfc5589ebb08eb45e8d7e182a8638.jpg
0f4d34a93508e373817ec6dacd6c6980.jpg

Do you guys have any recommendations for whiskey under $20 bucks for 750ml?

I’ve been enjoying Rebel Yell. Priced at 18.99.

Very old Barton

Very old Barton

Ancient age actually isn’t horrible coming from same distillery as buffalo Trace I believe....or is it heaven hill? Either way...not horrible

1a85780a1b5bdaa8f0194d6d250f3a8c.jpg

Ancient age actually isn’t horrible coming from same distillery as buffalo Trace I believe....or is it heaven hill? Either way...not horrible

Ancient Age is from Buffalo Trace. I've not had it but I've heard people rave about the Ancient Age 10 Star bottles.

I'm having a little Ardberg tonight, solid stuff

c3a29b39bc2effcefd1284a195186385.jpg

Stumbled upon a few bottles on my “buy on sight” list. This is the overflow shelf lol!

Travel exclusive Jack Daniel's that found its way into retail around me. Not going to argue. Just going to drink it...

d93dd9db9f3c6d7299b62f5bfdd5ca1f.jpg

Won some glenlivet 12 first fill the other night. Nothing special, but good and a reminder the simple/mainstream stuff is pretty good sometimes too.

Only have 3 in the cabinet: TX Blended Whiskey, Elijah Craig Small Batch and Black Saddle. All three are very good either neat or with a few ice cubes. Been looking for several I tried in a whiskey tasting about a month ago. But, they are hard to find. WL Wellers, Bird Dog Extra Small Batch and Col EH Taylor.

Picked up some pendleton on a whim because it was on sale. Wow, literally the worst whiskey ive ever tried. It tastes like well vodka.

Picked up some pendleton on a whim because it was on sale. Wow, literally the worst whiskey ive ever tried. It tastes like well vodka.
Anytime I see a blended Canadian whiskey, I assume it's blended with neutral grain spirits, because most of them are.

c47753d994d49bd2efb01e495db35e26.jpg

Michters sour mash is the evening selection.

c5905bfdcf6447ef6e42a13e281bcab6.jpg

His and hers bourbon for the 4th. Buffalo for her, Taylor for me.

Whiskey Thread

Stopped by the New Holland Spirits tasting room in Saugatuck MI and had to try each of their whiskies!
3e1cc9817f439f0beab1f4dcd25c86c3.jpg

I pick these two up recently. The Elijah is pretty good for the money. The chocolate bourbon ball I don't think I can choke down. It will probably go down the sink!
0a3b2ea746b1ac254a1b75e9f4d2108e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back