Mmmm, mmmmmh, mmmmmmmh! tunny licious!

What does “Wheated” mean?
The second grain in the mashbill is wheat.

Wheated bourbons tend to have a sweeter mellower flavor. Think Makers Mark, Weller, and Pappy Van Winkle.

So we are going on a Angel’s Envy tour during the Bourbon Bash. Any recommendations on their brand that I should try ahead of time?

This is a lovely single barrel store pick of a special release bourbon from my favorite little distillery in Wisconsin.

View attachment 9109890
I think I need to check out some of their stuff. I'll be in Wisconsin next weekend in the Kenosha/Lake Geneva/Milwaukee area.

I think I need to check out some of their stuff. I'll be in Wisconsin next weekend in the Kenosha/Lake Geneva/Milwaukee area.
Bourbon is alright, nothing earth shattering. Rye is amazing, cherry bomb. The port finished bourbon is amazing. The Wheated, if you can find it, is lovely. They have a "51 Rye" which is a 51% rye at 101° and it's very smooth and mild.

Saturday night with the Auchentoshan American Oak.
F7FC050B-E776-4AAB-A7A2-35CE20805C61.jpeg

Bourbon is alright, nothing earth shattering. Rye is amazing, cherry bomb. The port finished bourbon is amazing. The Wheated, if you can find it, is lovely. They have a "51 Rye" which is a 51% rye at 101° and it's very smooth and mild.
Awesome. I'll keep an eye out. I'm planning to swing by Binny's in Chicago on my way up and it looks like they have a couple rye store picks I might check out.

I think four roses single barrel needs to be my daily. It's good without being stale.
As you already know because it was in my MC golf bag and you had some. The Small Batch is mine.

Just picked up some Four Roses Small Batch Select.
Pretty darn good on my baby sip (still working) to try it.

Just heard about this new whiskey from Coors. Not tried yet but will if I can find a bottle.

Sazerac incoming with @Vader
20220816_175530.jpg

*ice being used to chill glasses.

This old fashion was absolutely stellar. I was skeptical at first, but proven very wrong.

20220816_191810.jpg
20220816_192002.jpg

Tonight’s pour, this stuff is tasty
B48A99F9-6D5A-40C3-B568-BC3E6EC9E35B.jpeg

If you need a change up try a boulevardier with aperol. It's quite tasty.

I popped into my local Giant Eagle store and found 2 Michter Bourbon bottle..... they are nearly impossible to find around me.
I can get the rye almost whenever I want it.
I've been looking for almost 5 years.
I bought only one. I felt if I took both it would be bad karma.
I also picked up a OF 1920

image.jpg
Picked up a new one. The owner said it was one of his best picks yet.

I popped into my local Giant Eagle store and found 2 Michter Bourbon bottle..... they are nearly impossible to find around me.
I can get the rye almost whenever I want it.
I've been looking for almost 5 years.
I bought only one. I felt if I took both it would be bad karma.
I also picked up a OF 1920

I have NEVER seen that in my area.

The second grain in the mashbill is wheat.

Wheated bourbons tend to have a sweeter mellower flavor. Think Makers Mark, Weller, and Pappy Van Winkle.
Now that I've been on a Distillery tour (Thanks @KY Golfer ) I now know what Mashbill is and the importance of the additional Grains beside Corn.

Anyone had any Belfour Whiskey?
Being a Blackhawks fan it interests me, the price of nearly $80, makes me shy away.

Back