Basil Haden Toast is really easy to sip neat with a ton of character.. quickly becoming a favorite!

Basil Haden Toast is really easy to sip neat with a ton of character.. quickly becoming a favorite!
I meant to ask how you liked it.

I meant to ask how you liked it.
Thank you again for grabbing them for me! I really like the Toast bottle.. just an easy sipping bourbon! I haven't opened the Subtle Smoke yet as I'm waiting for someone to sample it versus the Toast with me..

During a bit of a whisky tasting evening with a mate last week, he suggested I look at branching out to bourbons. He assured me the likes of Jack Daniels and Jim Beam aren’t decent bourbons, so picked up this fairly inexpensive one to ease me into them. Much sweeter than your average scotch. Very tasty.
3522AEDE-D0C3-4BAC-AA21-D1C869A780A3.jpeg

If your gonna start wasting whisky, I guess you have to do it properly!
9AD1F4FC-79CE-4874-BCC8-B19DC8C0AD52.jpeg

Got some new glassware today. Seems high quality!

20220918_170509.jpg20220918_170515.jpg

Oooo, what are the bigger ones?

I don't think they had bigger a few years ago.
I think its 350ml over 250? If i remember correctly

Whoa what a haul!!!!
I walked in and grabbed the ET BIB and the knob creek and the lady said, "If you like those, you might want one of these." She pulled out the Weller, ER, and Blantons. I was like, "hell no! I won't take one. I will take them all:ROFLMAO:."

I was just thinking of posting about that one and saw your post. This is good stuff imo too. A bit sweat vs other burbs and is where imo Scotch drinkers can relate well. Been one of my recent favorites. And honestly so is the regular version very good also.
1663705089634.png

I was just thinking of posting about that one and saw your post. This is good stuff imo too. A bit sweat vs other burbs and is where imo Scotch drinkers can relate well. Been one of my recent favorites. And honestly so is the regular version very good also.
View attachment 9122094
Have you seen their new "Subtle Smoke"? I hadn't seen a bottle until @blazinden caught one for me. I'm waiting to sample it to see how it compares to the Toast and the original.

20220820_232627.jpg

My local Liquor store put the Angel Envy Rye Whisky (Finished in Rum Barrels) on sale for $75.00 - Think they were asking a $100 at the distillery.

20220923_212041.jpg

Some whisky tasting tonight with a buddy. Starting with the Glenfiddich which is my go to. Finishing with the bourbon just to see the difference between bourbons and whisky B4C54C4F-DC59-4E7E-B5FC-46FAED1E11A8.jpeg

Back