Who are the first THP members you've played golf with?

Just want to say it is really cool to read through all of these memories - thanks everyone for sharing great stories!

those uphill holes were brutal
The downhill tee shots on 1, 6, 10, and 16 were a lot of fun!

I'd like to forget the 9th and 17th greens, though. Nightmarish efforts on them.

Don't remember the year but I think it was True Blue in Myrtle. I know it was @mikedean441 and @Jeff Spicoli but can't remember the fourth. Goodness that was a while ago.

Many great outings since between trips and the NoVA/DC/MD crew.

Time goes by fast. I think it was 2014 or 15.

Artm, mburnham, rickterp, and oitw on a cold day 5 years ago.
yes it was. an hours drive to meet up and find out the course was closed because of snow and ice. then drive 45 minutes west to play maplegate. fun times!

None yet that I know of, unless they are part of the Six-oh-fore meetup group I joined.
So, if anyone in the Vancouver / Fraser valley fancies a round sometime, shoot me a message and if I can play, I will. All part of my mission to play more and get better this year. Although this weekend looks out as we currently have surprise snowfall!

My first round with THPers was at Butter Brook in Westford, MA. @Wicked Cool Bearded Man organized a spring round. I also recall, @Jaymo37 and @mpeterson playing. I know there were a couple others but can't recall who was in the first group other than Wicked Cool Barded Man and his father in law.

I believe that I played with a group from the DFW thread before I played in the 2017 Gauntlet in Austin, TX. I honestly can't remember who was in that first group though.

My first was @lanoxrehab. I've since met a couple dozen or so others thanks to the 2018 THP Championship and a couple of informal rounds.

Back in 2016 I was in the Ambition Team Matchplay with Cobra & Puma at Thunder Hawk outside of Chicago. Day one was with
@kb1042
@Musicmaster
@LittleRat
Day two was
@obedt
@blakehall
What a great time!
We got together for a practice round the day before at Shepards Crook. There I played with
@OITW
@manlai
@kb1042
I'm pretty sure it rained for almost three days straight but it didn't matter. Just an awesome experience. The were some great guys on that event.

The first THPers I played with were @Galen Marek , @Wonton and @Awkward silence (don't know if he's still on here.) It was a callout between mike and wonton. Loser had to eat hot wings covered in Carolina Reaper sauce. Wonton lost and made good of his promise, and videoed it for us all to see. Epic.

That was a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first golf with THP'ers was this event in Atlantic City back in 2012 https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ds/thp-tour-van-event-atlantic-city-nj.34067/

I don't remember all of the THP'ers who were there but it included JB/GG of course and some THP'ers that appear to not currently be active like @Kmac @jlukes (who sold me on the then-brand-new Cobra Amp Cell driver that was the subject of range testing that day), @ddec/@nerfny, and a bunch of others.

First time ever doing something like that and I had a great time despite giving myself a nice cut on my right thumb right before we started (thanks to a balky umbrella).

Ken

That was a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah THAT was a good day. But if I remember correctly, the day you ate the hot sauce wasn't such a good day. ?

None for me yet (at least that I know of). Maybe next summer???

@phoffer and @MagicSpell when phoffer was prepping for the Morgan Cup. Still like teeing it up with those guys.
I remember that round like it were yesterday! I was a little nervous but watching @Wildcat4life smash that ball off the tee was intoxicating, lol. Still enjoy playing with all the Arizona THP crew to this day!

Later getting to tee it up with everyone from the 2019 THP Budget Golf Championship was truly the highlight of my year! I was able to play alongside each of these THPers up in Spokane/CDA:
@KY Golfer
@oumagic
@ArmyGolf
@aljaklaw
@Wildcat4life
@mancest

It's been too long.... It was at the Home Course a few years ago.

My first round with THPers was at LPGA International with @PKorf, @Jimmy3864, and @Stemmy66. I knew I was in for an awesome weekend after meeting those guys!

My first event was Olde Stonewall in June 2015. There were a few late WDs/injuries so gr8dryv and I didn't have another 2some in our group. We had a really fun time and I don't think that I bored him to death during the round.

I'm fairly introverted IRL so I was a little intimidated to walk into the meet & greet on Friday where there were ~60 people who knew each other to some extent and that I had never met before. T2GRN18 was the first member that I met and we ended up playing an extra round at Totteridge on Sunday with emart and v.man.

It's really cool to share the game of golf while being almost complete strangers and drive home and think "When can I see these guys/gals again?"

Back