Who are the PGA Tour Stars?

The best thing that LIV ever did was make sure the players play in every event.
People should ask how many PGA Tour events will have all the best players. The answer is probably 4, all signature events and 2 of those are back to back weeks coming up

DJ, Koepka, Cam Smith are tied with Gooch for the most event wins with 3 a piece. Koepka won the PGA last year.
I’m referring to this season only, I should have been more specific.

All the big name players are flat comin out the gates.

Yeah that definition is tough because based on that, the biggest sport in the country currently, the NFL only has a single star and that’s Travis Kelce because he finally scored a 6.

I had to read that twice 🤣🤣🤣

This thread has been really interesting to read through- Got me thinking and I'm not certain I can come up with "stars" outside of a few that have already been named.
Definitely a very interesting thread and a great question to discuss.

Hovland might be star material. Not sure he is there yet.
Xander could be a star, but needs a major
Max needs to win more, but has personality
Cantlay is just no.
Morikawa? It looked like it early on, but just no.
Hideki? Maybe?

Man, when you go through the list on OWGR, you realize how lacking they are in star department.
I agree with all of this.. especially the highlighted.

There are some "star" players, but the PGA has done so little self promotion of the guys they have it's not even funny. PGA really needs to take a look in the mirror and see what caused this issue.

The PGA has a lot of ground to make up, they have to develop some guys and let some personalities shine through.
Self promotion of the players is owned by PGA marketing.

They’re either winning, likable, or controversial right? What else makes a star?

This thread perfectly illustrates not only that I don't know, but why I don't care.

Knapp is Cameron Champ 2.0. Came on the scene and won right away. Was in contention a couple times early and then disappeared. I think that will happen here.
Interesting. Why?

Self promotion of the players is owned by PGA marketing.
And they're absolutely clueless about how badly they're shooting themselves in the foot in that regard. Two truths emerge once again:

1) Phil was right.

2) Monahan is an incompetent idiot.

Yeah that definition is tough because based on that, the biggest sport in the country currently, the NFL only has a single star and that’s Travis Kelce because he finally scored a 6.

No other sport literally has a single star. Maybe Ohtani.

Impossible
LeBron I think would be in that category as well but that’s fair. Thats probably too high above “star” for this discussion.

No other sport literally has a single star. Maybe Ohtani.

Impossible
Are you saying Taylor Swift is only a 6? 😈

Reactions: JB
Throughout the 75 year history of pro golf very few players have attracted a significant gallery. Hogan, Snead, Palmer, Nicklaus, Tiger is about it.
For television, viewers tune-in to see great shots played on great courses, and that presentation is available from the PGA, LPGA, and Korn Ferry Tour. Not since Tiger was in his prime about fifteen years ago have the name (s) within the field of a tournament mattered much. So I don't believe there has been a "star player" since Tiger.

Back