Whoop Fitness Band

I’m curious what caused his spike at 3:18 as that was higher than the winning putt.

I really want to see what his recovery is/was today 😂
Gotta be the elusive 1%!

Any you guys also wear a watch/apple watch and this band? Anyone not wearing it on the wrist? I thought I saw JT wearing it up on his arm?

Any you guys also wear a watch/apple watch and this band? Anyone not wearing it on the wrist? I thought I saw JT wearing it up on his arm?
Yea I wear my watch on my left wrist and whoop on my right. Haven’t felt the need to get the biceps band although I could see the appeal for swimming or contact sports.

Yea I wear my watch on my left wrist and whoop on my right. Haven’t felt the need to get the biceps band although I could see the appeal for swimming or contact sports.

I have the swim band which is fantastic for swimming it doesn't have the elastic that the regular bands do as I've had issues when swimming with the other one flipping stretching. The new aquatic cover seems good for surfing wilder water.

I have a few bicep bands and they are fantastic for golfing - I wear my GPS watch on my left wrist, but when I've put them both on I feel weird no issues with the swing as it's mental but the bicep band is great when keeping wrists free.

Definitely subjective to user comfort.

And people say golf isn't a sport.
Interesting. This is my whoop stats from a round on Friday.
34363bcc9ad2d9ac4b3bd9a41fd7820a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Interesting. This is my whoop stats from a round on Friday.
34363bcc9ad2d9ac4b3bd9a41fd7820a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
This makes me feel better! I noticed similar numbers over the summer and thought I was woefully out of shape! :LOL:

This makes me feel better! I noticed similar numbers over the summer and thought I was woefully out of shape! :LOL:

LOL I am not an athlete in any sense of the word - I do have a below RHR of 56-60 usually and my breaths per minute rarely go above 13....

This wasn't an overly hilly course - when I go and play Bethpage Black, I have cracked 2K calories burned....that is a workout for sure....

Haha walking and carrying my bag during a round burn more calories and give me a higher strain than almost all of my workouts. You aren't alone!

Haha walking and carrying my bag during a round burn more calories and give me a higher strain than almost all of my workouts. You aren't alone!

Same

What interests me the most is that when it's hotter strain is greater than when it's colder, not that it's surprising but I definitely (mentally) feel more uncomfortable in the cold than the heat)

I am still wearing both. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the whoop on my right. I feel a little dorky but it is what it is.

I was looking into this, the commitment to a plan is a bit more than I think I might want to jump into as of now. I have a smart watch, but I don't like to wear it to bed. Does the Whoop feel awkward on your wrist during the day or while sleeping, or do you just get use to it?

I was looking into this, the commitment to a plan is a bit more than I think I might want to jump into as of now. I have a smart watch, but I don't like to wear it to bed. Does the Whoop feel awkward on your wrist during the day or while sleeping, or do you just get use to it?

Nope, been wearing mine for over a year, I even wear the bicep band to bed and I don't have any discomfort or issues at all.

Nope, been wearing mine for over a year, I even wear the bicep band to bed and I don't have any discomfort or issues at all.

What’s the biggest thing you learned about yourself from the data & what do you most like about using it today? Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.......

Its extremely light weight - I barely know its there.

I just alternate between non-dominant during the day to dominant at night - I noticed my skin got dry if I didn't do that where the monitor sits.....

What’s the biggest thing you learned about yourself from the data & what do you most like about using it today? Thanks I’ll hang up and listen.......

1a) Don't need to go get a Covid Test
1b) I don't sleep enough
1c) How does @MWard function in the red all the time ROFL

How hard to push myself for strain.

Sleep data: how it registers my sleep/recovery vs how I actually feel in the morning

How Melatonin/Blue Blockers affect recovery

Compare my round of golf in a State qualifier to my normal rounds of golf.

1a) Don't need to go get a Covid Test
1b) I don't sleep enough
1c) How does @MWard function in the red all the time ROFL

How hard to push myself for strain.

Sleep data: how it registers my sleep/recovery vs how I actually feel in the morning

How Melatonin/Blue Blockers affect recovery

Compare my round of golf in a State qualifier to my normal rounds of golf.

I am interested about the recovery how do Melatonin/Blue blockers impact it. I think I may have the lowest HRV of anyone alive and my recovery is rarely above 60%. I definitely don't get enough sleep. I think I would need to go to sleep now to get all the sleep I need for tomorrow.

Love the recovery/strain element. You can set up a journal to log how certain activities affect recovery. And I can compare how I feel after workouts to the Whoop strain statistics. Of course the monthly subscription still hasn’t been enough for me to get into a consistent routine, but I love the data!

I want to add to this, I recently started taking BP meds and my recovery has increased exponentially - it really does give you insight as to what your body needs - whether that is more water, medication, sleep, etc....

I am interested about the recovery how do Melatonin/Blue blockers impact it. I think I may have the lowest HRV of anyone alive and my recovery is rarely above 60%. I definitely don't get enough sleep. I think I would need to go to sleep now to get all the sleep I need for tomorrow.

Do you fill out the journal every morning?

Biggest things to improve recovery are sleep/water/blue blockers/ meditation/recovery (stretching post workout cooldown massage) reduce alcohol, alcohol is supposed to be a big recovery inhibitor

Melatonin helps with sleep as it knocks me out, when I go higher than 5mg i actually feel sluggish in the am, but recovery and sleep is pretty solid, usually only take it when the mind is super active from work and it's hard or going to be a challenge to fall asleep.

18 months for $324, but if you sign up for their newsletter they'll give you $30 off to start and a free band.

Hummmmmm :unsure:

Do you fill out the journal every morning?

Biggest things to improve recovery are sleep/water/blue blockers/ meditation/recovery (stretching post workout cooldown massage) reduce alcohol, alcohol is supposed to be a big recovery inhibitor

Melatonin helps with sleep as it knocks me out, when I go higher than 5mg i actually feel sluggish in the am, but recovery and sleep is pretty solid, usually only take it when the mind is super active from work and it's hard or going to be a challenge to fall asleep.
Alcohol has been an interesting one to track. Pretty much 3-4+ drinks and my recovery is terrible. And it’s definitely the only way I end up with <10% recovery.

Alcohol has been an interesting one to track. Pretty much 3-4+ drinks and my recovery is terrible. And it’s definitely the only way I end up with <10% recovery.

Alcohol and lack of sleep crushed you - excited to see your data when you're at the Grandaddy LMAO

My MC Recovery for 10/4-10/12 bolded event days

84%
87%
34%
15%
30%
19%
29%
9%

48%

18 months for $324, but if you sign up for their newsletter they'll give you $30 off to start and a free band.

Hummmmmm :unsure:

Full disclosure you get $30 off if you do the shortest subscription, I think you only get $18 off if you do the 18 months, also any of us who have it have a link that gives you and us essentially a free month (happy to be your huckleberry :) )

Back