Who's Excited for Harry Potter?!?

No tickets, but I'll be there soon enough. It would be cool if they had it at our Imax. Loved the books better than the movies, but still pretty solid.

I've never read the books and it will be almost impossible for me to do so now. I tried to read the Lord of the Rings books after I saw the movies, to no avail. I kept picturing the movies. That and the way Tolkien writes is quite exhaustive too. I just couldn't get into it. AG has read the books though and quite likes them.

I did enjoy both series as a complete surprise. My son got me going on Lord of the Rings, but never guessed I'd enjoy the Potters.

Look forward to what you think of the movie.

If you thought that LoTR was hard to read, try reading The Similarion. Straight up history book stuff... I love it!

I hate watching a movie of books I like. I won't be seeing this under my own free will.

I have only broken the book-movie code twice LOTR series and No Country For Old Men. Sometimes I'll read a book after the movie but I'll never watch a movie after I read the book.

If you thought that LoTR was hard to read, try reading The Similarion. Straight up history book stuff... I love it!

One day, my friend, one day! (I actually do want to read it. Finding the time will be the hard part.)

History? That stuff is straight mythology. It is a GREAT read though if you can get through it.

Can you imagine being a fly on the wall for a meeting of the Oxford Inklings? Tolkien, CS Lewis, Charles Williams? Amazing.

I hate watching a movie of books I like. I won't be seeing this under my own free will.

I have only broken the book-movie code twice LOTR series and No Country For Old Men. Sometimes I'll read a book after the movie but I'll never watch a movie after I read the book.

No Country For Old Men was a KA movie, I loved it. Never even knew there was a book, lol. LOTR did a solid job on the movie, so watching it after the book wasn't to bad.

No Country For Old Men was a KA movie, I loved it. Never even knew there was a book, lol. LOTR did a solid job on the movie, so watching it after the book wasn't to bad.

There is still a lot of things that bother me about the movie portrayal of LOTR (character assassination of Faramir comes to mind immediately), but all things considered they did very well (esp with the extended editions).

No Country was a really odd book and while I enjoyed it a lot- it was very tough to follow. Lots of "character insights" and "feelings" that don't get portrayed in the movie. McCarthy (the author) worked a lot of psychological distress into both Moss and Officer Bell that simply can't be duplicated on screen. The ending is off the wall too. All that being said, it won best picture so I figured it was worth setting aside my book rule once again.

I'm still (patiently) waiting for the Hobbit.....

2 more years.

can't wait for it! It's the only book related to LOTR that I have read, though I do have the other 3. I have read all the Harry Potter Books multiple times.

I don't think I've watched the last 2 movies haa haa But I do plan on seeing this one, must see it at Gold Class Cinemas :D

My friends are seeing the midnight showing and they're all dressing up and everything. Next year they're going to Florida to the Harry Potter thing that they have over there...crazy...

I don't think I've watched the last 2 movies haa haa But I do plan on seeing this one, must see it at Gold Class Cinemas :D

My friends are seeing the midnight showing and they're all dressing up and everything. Next year they're going to Florida to the Harry Potter thing that they have over there...crazy...

I'd be tempted to go tonight... if I didn't have to work tomorrow!

I've never dressed up for any movie . . . but I did bring toast to the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

My wife is excited to see it....so I know that I'll be sitting through it over Thanksgiving weekend.

My wife and I have tickets for Sunday. Looking forward to see it but hate it being 2 parts and going to have to wait for the 2nd part.

My wife and I have tickets for Sunday. Looking forward to see it but hate it being 2 parts and going to have to wait for the 2nd part.

I know exactly how you feel. It's just a money grab in the end.... but who's got two thumbs and will go see it anyway? This guy.

Good point, I'd have to glue extra fur on.

or just borrow those weird shoe things that RxGus and dirt guy wear!

fwiw, i'd never stand in line or stay up late to watch a movie at midnight, it's just not my thing.

fwiw, i'd never stand in line or stay up late to watch a movie at midnight, it's just not my thing.

Those are some crazy shoes Dirt_Guy wears. The camo is kind of cool though.

Hey now... those things are comfortable! If you love the crocs you should try out the 5 fingers. It was funny how your bro kept emphasizing my gorilla-esque features when we were chillin out on his porch.

Back