Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

I’ve never experienced this, ever. That’s wild.
I know several people including myself who have. That said I also know a few fast swingers that describe feels completely different to what I feel at my moderate swing speed with a variety of different balls colored or not so that could be part of it.

The yellow for me is so much easier to pick out when looking for a ball. That is a great question and i never really noticed that the tour guys don't use it.

I know several people including myself who have. That said I also know a few fast swingers that describe feels completely different to what I feel at my moderate swing speed with a variety of different balls colored or not so that could be part of it.
I know people too 😜

Imo, the mind is a powerful thing.

Lol why is color associated with being old ? Especially yellow?
Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Answer, it’s not by me…except right now. 🤣

Historic? Ball has always been white so players feel like they must play white?
Peter Malnati is on line 2?

Historic? Ball has always been white so players feel like they must play white?
Peter Malnati is on line 2?
I mean, once upon a time Tennis was the same way?

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Answer, it’s not by me…except right now. 🤣
Now I’m definitely playing yellow balls in a few weeks, maybe even go find some Bubba pink ones 🤣

I know people too 😜

Imo, the mind is a powerful thing.

Eh, we all feel and perceive things differently. The feel and perception I have is that colored balls are just a bit harder and clickier sounding at impact.
This does have me interested in doing a blind test but I'm not confident enough in my abilities to make contact blindfolded :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Eh, we all feel and perceive things differently. The feel and perception I have is that colored balls are just a bit harder and clickier sounding at impact.
This does have me interested in doing a blind test but I'm not confident enough in my abilities to make contact blindfolded :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Like I said, the mind is powerful. Especially in golf.

Speaking specifically on Tour, why do you think it hasn’t caught on? Tennis used to use white tennis balls but the visibility benefits of yellow took over, why has it just never quite happened in professional golf?
Its interesting that I think its more in play with Champions... is it tradition? Feeling of superiority (I don't need an easy to see ball)? Not sure.. but so many OEMs make solid yellow golf balls and they generally pop more on the course

Like I said, the mind is powerful. Especially in golf.
Yes, I know you keep saying that but it doesn't change the experience other people have with things. It just minimizes their opinions.

I mean, once upon a time Tennis was the same way?
Yeah, time seems to change things but since this can be a personal decision, I think vast majority of 'younger' tour players will go traditional white. Senior tour seems to have more players using colors....
Yellow, the color for the older player... fits me well... my eyesight sucks 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I know you keep saying that but it doesn't change the experience other people have with things. It just minimizes their opinions.
Not really, it’s simply stating what it is from my perspective, which I’m allowed to do, just as you’re allowed to not agree. It’s only more than that if you’re trying to make it more than that.

It fits here again too. 🤷

Its interesting that I think its more in play with Champions... is it tradition? Feeling of superiority (I don't need an easy to see ball)? Not sure.. but so many OEMs make solid yellow golf balls and they generally pop more on the course
Tradition and assumptions I think.

Yeah, time seems to change things but since this can be a personal decision, I think vast majority of 'younger' tour players will go traditional white. Senior tour seems to have more players using colors....
Yellow, the color for the older player... fits me well... my eyesight sucks 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I think a lot of times people just play what they see, and historically we have always seen white golf balls more.

That is certainly interesting. Perception is not reality

I don’t know. Yellow actually makes so much more sense. But I always think of “cheap” and I know better. I know they are not. It makes no sense.

Yeah, I think a lot of times people just play what they see, and historically we have always seen white golf balls more.
This for sure. I try not to stand out on the golf course. Staying with the “normal” is my personal reason for not switching.

I don’t know. Yellow actually makes so much more sense. But I always think of “cheap” and I know better. I know they are not. It makes no sense.
I think this is something a lot of people think. I always thought range balls being yellow had an impact on that for some.

Not really, it’s simply stating what it is from my perspective, which I’m allowed to do, just as you’re allowed to not agree. It’s only more than that if you’re trying to make it more than that.

It fits here again too. 🤷

In each of my replies, I've made sure to include verbiage that says we all have different feels and perceptions so I'm actively trying to include your POV into the posts that I've made so I'm fully on board with other people being 'allowed' to have different opinions. It just didn't seem like you were and instead saying "It's all in your head" and that feels like you don't care much about opinions that differ from yours.

No harm no foul though. It's all good my man!

This for sure. I try not to stand out on the golf course. Staying with the “normal” is my personal reason for not switching.
Haha, I stand out enough for both of us

Peacock GIF by Nat Geo Wild

define see.... I mentioned previously that my eyesight sucks :ROFLMAO:

All we need some YouTube influencers to claim yellow is better and away we go 🤣

Haha, I stand out enough for both of us

Peacock GIF by Nat Geo Wild
😂😂You are a truly great wingman for those of us that want to blend.

Back