Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

That is certainly interesting. Perception is not reality
But perception is our own realities and if we are talking about why a tour pro doesn't play a certain ball then it could be reasonable to think that they might perceive a different feel as well?

I think this is something a lot of people think. I always thought range balls being yellow had an impact on that for some.
Oh my goodness. Yes. I hadn’t even thought of that.

I started playing the Chrome Soft XLS Triple Track and loved it. At one point i had a hard time finding the yellow and picked up some white. Ironically i felt the white did not perform as well as the yellow even though im sure they were identical. I really like the yellow in this ball and have noticed more people playing yellow over the past few years

But perception is our own realities and if we are talking about why a tour pro doesn't play a certain ball then it could be reasonable to think that they might perceive a different feel as well?
I mean I guess it’s possible but I wouldn’t assume it a feel thing.

In each of my replies, I've made sure to include verbiage that says we all have different feels and perceptions so I'm actively trying to include your POV into the posts that I've made so I'm fully on board with other people being 'allowed' to have different opinions. It just didn't seem like you were and instead saying "It's all in your head" and that feels like you don't care much about opinions that differ from yours.

No harm no foul though. It's all good my man!
You’re reaching my guy. A lot. I’ve never had problems with other peoples opinions, but I’m allowed to share my own and converse about them. That’s not belittling.

As for the yellow golf ball color, it’s something we have talked to ball manufacturers about, and there’s no compression change in the color differences, but, people’s perceptions (mind) sometimes believes there is.

Oh my goodness. Yes. I hadn’t even thought of that.
Right? And those yellow Pinnacles? It’s something that imo plays a role in people’s minds, both visually and perceived feel/quality. Humans are weird. Hahahaha

Wasn't the predominant reason tennis changed from white to yellow specifically visibility in relation to the white boundary lines on a course. (This is what my high school coach told me when I kept trying to play with white Slazenger's at least). That same issue isn't really an issue in golf.

I also found the white tennis ball easier to track on grass courts the couple times I played on one.

Wasn't the predominant reason tennis changed from white to yellow specifically visibility in relation to the white boundary lines on a course. (This is what my high school coach told me when I kept trying to play with white Slazenger's at least). That same issue isn't really an issue in golf.

I also found the white tennis ball easier to track on grass courts the couple times I played on one.
True, but yellow is easier to track in the sky for most compared to white, especially on a cloudy day, so that’s similar to the lines.

(The white tennis balls also used to get FILTHY on Clay hahaha)

You’re reaching my guy. A lot. I’ve never had problems with other peoples opinions, but I’m allowed to share my own and converse about them. That’s not belittling.

As for the yellow golf ball color, it’s something we have talked to ball manufacturers about, and there’s no compression change in the color differences, but, people’s perceptions (mind) sometimes believes there is.
Appreciate the clarification. Like I said it's all good man, I'm not pressed on it, just posting and replying as we do here.

True, but yellow is easier to track in the sky for most compared to white, especially on a cloudy day, so that’s similar to the lines.

(The white tennis balls also used to get FILTHY on Clay hahaha)
Everything gets FILTHY on Clay. (A large aspect of my game was leaving my feet so I would end up covered in it. Or cuts on hard court. No one should ever play tennis the way I did)

Visibility isn’t really an issue when you have a caddy and a gallery that will help you track and find your ball for you.
^^^Facts^^^

I‘m age 59 and don’t have any trouble tracking a golf ball whether it’s white, yellow, orange, or almost any other color.

^^^Facts^^^

I‘m age 59 and don’t have any trouble tracking a golf ball whether it’s white, yellow, orange, or almost any other color.
Try a black golf ball.

Stupid Vice.

Try a black golf ball.

Stupid Vice.
Or finding a red and black speckled ball in dirt/mulch/leaves/trees.

Really stupid vice

I tried yellow and I tried Srixon divides and just don't like them.

Not sure why, I prefer the traditional white golf ball

Or finding a red and black speckled ball in dirt/mulch/leaves/trees.

Really stupid vice
It's like nobody at vice has ever played golf in the fall. :ROFLMAO:

Season 1 Tradition GIF by Rick and Morty

I don't know. Because people don't want to emulate someone like Bubba Watson? To me, most professional golfers don't have a lot of personality and are not really willing to step outside the box. And then there is that outdated tradition stigma in golf.

I've used balls of almost every color.....i'm not sure there is a real benefit to anything other than plain old white. I haven't noticed anything.....not better or worse just , what's the point?

I'm sure others feel the same. It's change for the sake of change

I think it’s mainly tradition. Also, most peoples perception of yellow golf balls are range balls, cheap balls, like cheap pinnacles, and putt putt.

Putt putt was the first that I can remember that use yellow balls. I remember many years ago playing with a older guy and he pulled out a yellow ball and I said where on earth did you get that and he said I stole it from jungle golf putt putt.

I never knew that about tennis. Interesting. I’m not sure why the more pros don’t go with yellow. I see a lot of younger kids using yellow, green and red balls, so maybe eventually it will make its way to the top.

Wilson doesn’t paint their golf balls

I don't know. Because people don't want to emulate someone like Bubba Watson? To me, most professional golfers don't have a lot of personality and are not really willing to step outside the box. And then there is that outdated tradition stigma in golf.
Ya think people think of Bubba when they look at colored golf balls? Is he even commonly thought of anymore?

Because they have people marking where their balls are for them. Not that many searches for drives on tour, are there?

Back