Why won't you play certain brands?

rrkman

Reaction score
Handicap
There's no brand that is off limits but with all the options out there, it is easy to gravitate towards a couple brands....which I guess also means that I tend to stay away from some others.

SkiBumGolfer

Pro Ponderer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.7 Grint
I will play anything as long as it works. I do have a minor issue with what I perceive as an elitist attitude with Titleist gear, but I think it's more because of some bad experiences with a few super jerk Titleist homers in the past. I have hit several Titleist clubs and have typically been a fan - I was very close to buying the 712 CB if it wasn't for the price.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wouldn't say that I "won't play" a specific brand, however I'm a very brand loyal guy. I'll try anything, and if it feels good, and preforms well then it's got a shot at getting into my bag, as long as the price it right. It just happens that most of the stuff I hit and like are also Callaway, so that always nice! ha

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Probably referring to the wholesale ripoff of the Morgan Cup with their "Play Famously" tournament.
I have another reason that I won't specifically mention. But it has to do with a lie that rhymes with Fain Grorged

Almdudler

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 EGA
I will not buy anything from Taylormade.. The promotions and commercials surrounding RBZ and Speed-(whatever its called) have ruined my image of their brand.. This has been spilling over to Adidas as well.. :(

To me, these kind of marketing are trying to fool the lesser informed customer.. I don't really like it..

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
I will not buy anything from Taylormade.. The promotions and commercials surrounding RBZ and Speed-(whatever its called) have ruined my image of their brand.. This has been spilling over to Adidas as well.. :(

To me, these kind of marketing are trying to fool the lesser informed customer.. I don't really like it..

Did you have a problem with Callaway advertising that the RAZR Hawk irons would lower your scores by 4 strokes?

Almdudler

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 EGA
Did you have a problem with Callaway advertising that the RAZR Hawk irons would lower your scores by 4 strokes?
Never saw that one but now I do!
Thanks.. If you keep up I'll have very few clubs to choose from when it's time to upgrade.. ;)

Luckily not many of those commercials find their way over land and sea to Sweden..

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I have played every major manufactuer at one point in my bag.... It is all about feel and performance for me.

Sanzabar

Oh So Colt!
Reaction score
Handicap
I cant say that I wont play anything... but I have never liked many of Callaway's offerings for some odd reason. Maybe it is due to me hitting the wrong clubs, but I have never gravitated to any of their products.

greggdrews

Reaction score
Handicap
6 putts
For some reason I've never hit Taylor Made stuff very well so now I don't even look at it. I might again someday but it will probably be a few product cycles before I do.

NavyMustang

Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 19.9
For some reason I've never hit Taylor Made stuff very well so now I don't even look at it. I might again someday but it will probably be a few product cycles before I do.
That shouldn't take long :D

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nothing I refuse to play, but I do tend to gravitate towards certain brands, and tend to stay away from others.

Really, if I got professionally fit by any of the major OEMs out there for only their gear, I am sure any which way I would have a bag full of goodness.

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Warrior Golf. A friend of mine fell into their trap. It took an act of congress to get him out of the deal.

The "free club" marketing ploy is just a shady deal. Especially when they won't let you send the free stuff back & charge you for it.

TexasHacker34

Chasing the White Ball
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They are a completely different company now FWIW

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
If I read low forward CG I have learned to run in the other direction.

Wakit300

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.0
For me it depends on the club.
- Drivers and FW/hybrids I'm up for anything. I will remain loyal to a company that makes a club I love, until they mess it up or I find something that's so much better I can't NOT play it.
- I've never liked any of the Ping irons, although I have tried and hit some well - I just can't deal with the way they look at setup. I won't look at a GI or SGI iron so if that's all you've got ...
- I don't go very far off road when I look for wedges - I know what I want and some companies just don't make it.
- I don't like ugly putters, so that knocks out quite a few companies
- I usually stick to the bigger OEMs unless I hear about a lesser known company/club here or through friends who play.

Other than that, I'm wide open to all possibilities :smile:

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
There's no major brand I wouldn't play, there's several I wouldn't buy, because of love to the ones I'm used to.

Brianbigoats

Reaction score
Handicap
I like certain brands better than others if it preformes i will play it

All though it would be asking a lot for my to try The Hammer Driver or Warrior Clubs

Erky

Reaction score
They are a completely different company now FWIW
To be fair, they were claiming 13 more yards with the XHot driver and more than that with the 3 wood. They all do it.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
No idea why people get upset about distance gains. If you don't look at a company based on that, then you have a very small market to pick from.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

teed-off

Reaction score
Handicap
I have tried just about every major brand out there and just don't like the feel/performance standard shaft offerings of Taylormade, upgrading a std shaft from them is usually $$$. I also can't keep track of what new driver/fairways are being launched this week that are supposed to increase your _______ or decrease your_______, you can fill in the blanks to suit their marketing scheme.

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a Taylor-Made club if my life depended on it. I do like they're golf balls, but I think they're clubs are marketed to nausea pieces of garbage.

Dunn6253

Reaction score
Handicap
practice
I will play any brand other then TaylorMade/Adidas. For some reason their marketing aggravates me, so I choose not to play them. I have hit them before at the store and their clubs did nothing for me. Just not a fan.

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't play certain brands because they dont fit my game at all. Plain and simple.

Some are harder to find as well and after being on THP I won't buy anything unless I can try it.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in