Why won't you play certain brands?

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
I know there are some people who are homers or just won't play a certain brand.

Is it due to a bad experience in the past? is it because of what they do on the forum or what they don't do?

For me it's results. From driver to putter I will hit anything once, but the numbers don't lie & I always go with results.

With that said I'm big on customer service & consumer engagement. OEM's that listen to golfers and interact are the ones I will always look to when supporting my golf habit.

I don't black ball any brand but there are products I won't buy, like the cally hex black and that's because one wedge shot usually puts a one inch cut all the way through the cover for me.

I truthfully don't care. I don't care what the name is one the clubs as long as it's what works best for me. If there are two that are just about the same......gosh I hate decisions.

There are certain brands that I just never had much luck hitting well. I still hit them for comparison when it's time to buy something, but my skepticism is confirmed more often than not.

I play pretty much all brands, with the exception of Cleveland. For whatever reason, I have never been attracted to their stuff.

Can't think of a brand I wouldn't play off the top of my head.

I will try what works for me. Having great customer service is nice, but honestly, I could not care less about it. It is so rare that I have a reason to call customer service that it would make a negligible difference in my decision. Also, being left handed means that I cannot be too picky.

I don't have a real problem with any brand, but I do like classic looking stuff. I love technology, but I want it in a traditional looking package. This is probably why I am consistently drawn to clubs above my ability level. If you can make game improvement stuf look good, I'm your man. I was die hard Mizuno for a long time because of this but the JPX EZ just turns me off so no go.

I wont play Bridgestone....but I want to. #TheyHateLefties

Ego. Plain and simple.

I wont play Mizunos but thats just because of the way they conduct business

i would say that i pretty much discount Nike off my ponder list as far as clubs/balls go. i'll buy their shoes, but that's it. It really goes back 20 years and their infiltration into hockey gear, and just left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention i think the swoosh is a little overplayed on their gear.

Can't think of a brand I wouldn't play off the top of my head.

This is me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im open to all ...if it feels well and i can get it for a good price.

i dont think there is a brand i wont game... but i am more likely to game a certain brand, since there are brands that i am a big fan of and those will be the first i try out

Nike. I just don't buy anything Nike. I guess if someone gave me it for free then I would play it.

I haven't run into a brand I WOULDN'T play!!!

Nike. I just don't buy anything Nike. I guess if someone gave me it for free then I would play it.

Any specific reason? Kinda curious why people just wouldn't buy anything of a particular brand even if it works best for them

I have never found a PING club I liked. They just are not for me.

Any specific reason? Kinda curious why people just wouldn't buy anything of a particular brand even if it works best for them

It all started when I played and coached basketball. We always had the worse luck with Nike shoes and apparel. We would go through 2 and 3 pair of shoes a year and they would always be falling apart. I have tried some products since and just haven't found anything that I like. So now I don't even try their products. They may have come a long way, but for me I don't want to chance it.

Nope. Though there are brands I tend to lean towards, there's nothing I wouldn't play.

Back