Wife cutting down golf

That's why I have relatives with kids, I can give them back.

I fold. You win James!!

Wife cutting down golf my arse! I have to cut her's down most of the time. :deadhorse: She play's a hell of lot more golf than I do :act-up:

Payback is tough! You know i don't play more than you, silly old man. I just get to go more places than you.

Payback is tough! You know i don't play more than you, silly old man. I just get to go more places than you.

Seems like you are playing a two or three tournaments a week. :act-up:

If it isn't raining my wife wants to know why I'm not playing. I've played 13 days straight as of today. I know that the day of reckoning is going to come, but until then... I'm playing tomorrow.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My ex wife gave an ultimatum, golf or her, I said I would make a decision when I got back from the driving range.

This tread made me realize how lucky I have it... If it's not raining, my wife just assumes I'm going to play golf... I try to play as early as possible to be respectful... But no restrictions from her ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payback is tough! You know i don't play more than you, silly old man. I just get invited to more places than you.

Fifeed.

Actually what I said about my ex is not really true. I did everything for her, climbed the highest mountain, crossed the driest desert, swam the deepest sea, and she left me anyway...she said I was never around.

My marriage works like this; I golf on Saturday.
I also may golf during the week after work if I've taken care of all my responsibilities around the house and she doesn't feel like doing anything together that night.

I don't golf Sunday.

Mine works like this....
I work 4- 10's so I have every Friday off, so I golf while she's at work.
Saturday, she wants to golf so I go with her.
Sunday....she wants to golf so I go with her.
Vacations....we always plan on how many rounds of golf we can get in wherever we go.
Yea, I kinda like this girl a lot....I think I'll keep her.

I'm not sure there are too many people like your friend who keep playing the same amount post baby. From afar it sounds like your expectations were skewed by that unusual situation. But that's just my two cents.

Maybe look for a compromise. Play 9 holes instead of 18...playing during a convenient time for your wife (is there a defined nap time yet?)...give your wife comparable "me time" where you are home solo with the baby.

It is a hard but it will work out. Hang in there!

I have a 2 month old and still play every Wens and Sat. I have a 5 year old I take and let drive the golf cart (he can play golf, but I tend to keep it at the par3).

One thing that helped, like stated way earlier, was work out a fair schedule. For instance, I take the kids to run errands and one day on the weekend. She also can go do girls things whenever, as long as its not on Wens or Sunday. Having a fair, set, hell or high water schedule for equal time will go a long way. BUT, she needs to have friends or a hobby.

What is unique to my situation is I used to race motorcycles (AMA), so playing golf is the least of her worries as long as I'm not going over 200mph down some straightaway.

Last edited:
Had the issue with Mrs. Mash a lot. She hates golf, she hates me watching golf, she hates me buying golf stuff, and most of all, she hates me playing golf.

Going through a trial separation for a while now (not because of her hating golf), and needless to say, my number of rounds has gone significantly up... I take care of our daughter 4 days a week, so those days are golf free, cause as much as love golf, spending time with my kid is the best thing in the world. The other 3 days I really miss the crap out of my daughter, but being able to squeeze in as much golf as possible alleviates the pain a bit..

Last edited:
My wife is heading out again today for a tournament in Macon, Ga. What is a man suppose to do? :banghead: I suppose I will have to go play golf myself! :blob:

My wife is with me at a THP event. How freaking cool is that

My wife bought me clubs for Father's Day a few years ago and asks nearly every weekend if I'm golfing. Sometimes I think she just wants me out of her hair :) But I am respectful of our schedule with the kids, I'll only go out on the weekend if I know there's no games or events that the kids have. I see some friends skipping things like games or school concerts to go golfing, which isn't something I'd do.

5 month old twins so yeah I am just happy when the wife let's me go play 9. She knows how much I love the game but also knows that our priorities have changed quite a bit. All about communication and balance IMO.

I have met several guys at my club that brag about how golf was one of the key reasons for one or more of their divorces. There are plenty of others at my club that miss a lot of their kids sports because golf is higher on their priority list. I have to resist the temptation so ask why they aren't better at golf if it's that important to them.

Maybe it's because my wife works full time and my kids are busy during the week but I actually enjoying spending time with my wife and kids on the weekends. I certainly missed golf during those super busy years when I had 3 kids playing multiple sports but I never saw coaching my kids teams and watching their games on weekends as a sacrifice. As soon as they get their drivers license you don't see much of them anymore and IMO, they get to that age all too quickly. In another 5 years when I'm retired and playing 150+ rounds a year I don't think I'm going to look back and wish I would have spent less time with my family and more time on the golf course.

Last edited:
I'm older, single, and brought up one golfer who played hs golf, and have an 8 yr old who plays with me.

Really hesitant to even date because when I think back at the limitations and issues and the time it take for relationships, something's got to give, and it would be golf time and $$. Not ready to go there ... yet. Besides, once you have your kids, and when you understand yourself and are happy, is there a reason for marriage?

When asked at bis 65th wedding anniversary what he attributed his long and sucessful marriage to my grandfather answered "yard work". I imagine mine will be "golf".

When asked at bis 65th wedding anniversary what he attributed his long and sucessful marriage to my grandfather answered "yard work". I imagine mine will be "golf".

LOL! My dad would say yard work and having a TV in the garage. My answer if I make it that long will be skiing, hunting, cycling, fishing, and golf.

Im only 16, so what do I know, but I'd do whatever the wife says :laugh:

Back