Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

How many participants are going to be coming to Myrtle Beach in the best shape they have been in in at least 2 years?
I will be for sure. I've been getting more exercise than I have in years since our first daughter was born. I might not be happy with the way I see myself in the mirror, but my strength and stamina are miles ahead of where they've been

How many participants are going to be coming to Myrtle Beach in the best shape they have been in in at least 2 years?

That's the plan. Frankly, I was in better shape around February than I am right now. Sometimes fitness progress, like everything else, is not a straight upward line.

That is pretty cool. I love my Bridgestone staff bag from last year, but it's not one I game because I would hate to mess it up. I know I would use the stand bag though.
my thoughts exactly Mr Spicoli. That's why I was happy to hear they were stand bags, I'm happy to rep W/S and Legacy weekly

That is pretty cool. I love my Bridgestone staff bag from last year, but it's not one I game because I would hate to mess it up. I know I would use the stand bag though.
We have no idea what they're going to look like, part of the surprise for Friday morning. But if its mythical g like the few I saw today at the golf shop. The Nexus bags are pretty awesome!

my thoughts exactly Mr Spicoli. That's why I was happy to hear they were stand bags, I'm happy to rep W/S and Legacy weekly

I love the look of the Nexus stand bags (if that's what we are getting). My only gripe is that I am a baby about having a 14 way divider. I tried an old school staff bag with a 6 way divider this weekend for Love is in the Air and almost went crazy trying to put clubs in, take them out, keep track of them, etc. I have the same issues with my stand bags.

Negative Buddy, stand bags

We have no idea what they're going to look like, part of the surprise for Friday morning. But if its mythical g like the few I saw today at the golf shop. The Nexus bags are pretty awesome!
Just to clarify, I don't think we have announced stand bags or cart bags yet. In fact I will be honest and say I don't know yet.

So here is a question for everybody that is not a captain.
Do you want input into your matchups/pairings or do you prefer to let the captain make the move?

Im a "sit back and let the captain put me where he wants me kind of guy". How are you in this situation?

I'd want their feedback as far as if they want off early vs late, or who they see as a better partner. I know I'd already have pairings in mind for various reasons, but feedback from them is always welcome.

Just to clarify, I don't think we have announced stand bags or cart bags yet. In fact I will be honest and say I don't know yet.
I guess we will know come Friday Morning....24th of July that is :)

We let the captain make the calls. Your job as a player is to go out and play, let the captain make the calls.

So here is a question for everybody that is not a captain.
Do you want input into your matchups/pairings or do you prefer to let the captain make the move?

Im a "sit back and let the captain put me where he wants me kind of guy". How are you in this situation?

Frankly I don't care. I like all of Wilson's bag offerings. They have a great looking staff bag with the red and white, an awesome cart bag with the Nexus and its cool club-locking top, and the Nexus stand bags seem to be pretty amazing. I'm sure no matter what they give us, they'll treat us right.

All this equipment talk gives me goosebumps! If you ever want to confirm how awesome this is, just tell a random stranger you get paired up with what it is and what we get. They never believe me haha.

I'm not sure how much input I want in pairings and matchups. I want to win and so does my Captain so I trust him 100%, but I do have an idea what kind of opponent I want to face.

I will be in the best shape I've been in for a long time, but I haven't put any real effort into fitness over the last 4/5 years. I'm down 7lbs, sweating way less, and have more energy than before. I'm hoping a last hour push over the next month will take off another 5 pounds.

Is it July 24th yet. Time feels like it is standing still. Where is Doc and McFly with the Delorean when you need them.

I will be in the best shape I've been in for a long time, but I haven't put any real effort into fitness over the last 4/5 years. I'm down 7lbs, sweating way less, and have more energy than before. I'm hoping a last hour push over the next month will take off another 5 pounds.

That is fantastic brother.

I am glad that this event has gotten so many to get in some of the best shape they have been in, in years. I encourage you all to stay in that shape or keep improving even after the event is over. I got in 2 workouts today both 15 minutes non stop between exercises. Go all out for those 15 minutes and talk about gassed and getting a pump.

The Wilson Staff Nexus Cart Bag is the bomb. My inner OCD child loves the S-Lock shaft locking system.

The Royal Blue/Citron version is stunning.

Definitely want to leave it to the Captains. I'll worry about playing my best, Ricky can worry about the lineup.

As far as shape... Definitely the best in 2 years. Which is to say still out of shape, but less so. I'm on a business trip now though and hearing a lot of "you look great" which is nice to hear, all due to my desire to build my Legacy

I'd want their feedback as far as if they want off early vs late, or who they see as a better partner. I know I'd already have pairings in mind for various reasons, but feedback from them is always welcome.
I have pairings already in mind but want to see how everyone is playing in the practice rounds before I make my final decisions.

I know you said participants but I will be in my best shape since last year at the MC. I know my guys are working hard on all aspects but I have stressed from day 1 how important fitness will be and I have made it my business to work my butt off to get in shape as well. I have a problem telling someone to work out and get in shape while I do nothing. If they are working, I am working.

No pairings in mind at the moment. Plenty of time for that. I hold my guys accountable for being brutally honest where things are with different aspects of their game and I'll wait a few more weeks before diving into potential pairings

My early season, solid, game has cooled, especially in a couple of specific areas. Went back to working on those, specifically, given the step back.

As to the equipment, it is fun talking to non-THPers, when I have to convince them that I'm telling the truth about playing a full bag from sponsors of the event.

My early season, solid, game has cooled, especially in a couple of specific areas. Went back to working on those, specifically, given the step back.

As to the equipment, it is fun talking to non-THPers, when I have to convince them that I'm telling the truth about playing a full bag from sponsors of the event.

I agree.
Even after explaining what we are so lucky to go through a lot of non THPers I talk to are wowed and yet just dont get it. I tell them to check out THP and get involved.

The dumbfounded looks you get when explaining it never get old. They always have to ask, "What's the name of the website again?"

I don't know about being in the best shape, but what I will say is that my game will be the best it has been in a while that is for sure.

Back