Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I will say they few times I have teed off at an event, even though I was super super nervous, I made contact with the ball everytime. After that I was relaxed. And now that I've said that we all know how my tee shot will go....:banghead:

Seriously dude? There's no middle ground between the most nervous you've ever been and nothing should bother you?

I'm just saying a golf game may not be the most pressure I've ever dealt with, and I've got experience with getting up and performing in front of people under pressure. Does that mean I won't feel it? No. Does that mean I can't handle it? Hell no.

Simmer down dude. It was a joke.
Nobody said it was the most pressure anybody would ever deal with.
Im sure you will not feel a thing.

I've played in a few events and nothing was as nerve wracking as the first hole tee box at True blue.
And then again for sunday singles. Ask howzat my hands were shaking for 3 holes.

None of the other dozen or 2 events I have played in have been even close

I remember Buckjob, struggling to get the ball on the tee because he was shaking so badly. If someone puts in all they have, there will be nothing like it hands down. It really comes down to the individual...

I remember Buckjob, struggling to get the ball on the tee because he was shaking so badly. If someone puts in all they have, there will be nothing like it hands down. It really comes down to the individual...

After reading that all I can think of is the new Tiger/Rory Nike commercial and hitting the first tee box like Rory does at the end.

Having felt this very thing in the Geandaddy. It's amazing how it effects a person to the core. That feeling never gets old!

Question for any past MCers and those in #THPLegacy...

When you stand on that first tee box with everyone behind you watching you what goes through your mind?

Be Awesome.

Having felt this very thing in the Geandaddy. It's amazing how it effects a person to the core. That feeling never gets old!
I will be nervous. And I will be ready.

That may be me, just sayin.

Last edited:

I was Buck's partner in that match and he said his hands didn't stop shaking until the 4th hole, honestly there is nothing like that feeling.

I got lucky at The King because by the time I teed off Saturday and Sunday there wasn't a huge gallery left, and by then a few guys had already hit some stinkers. Even with all that it was probably the most nervous I've ever been on a golf course. I don't even remember the shots I hit, but all I know is the club hit the ball...thank goodness!

I honestly don't think you can prepare for that moment. All the effort and practice to get ready for the event and now it's here and you're up, the guys who've followed your journey from selection are standing right behind you. Camera's out, points on the line...just put your ball on the tee and trust the swing you've worked on.

Question for any past MCers and those in #THPLegacy...

When you stand on that first tee box with everyone behind you watching you what goes through your mind?

For me, it was "just hit the ball". I actually think the hardest part was getting the peg in the ground. My hands weren't exactly steady.

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I suspect this will be at another level from the OC Invitational and the Bridgestone championship last year, and like everyone else, definitely had the butterflies for those. Less people this time around, sure... But much higher stakes. I mean, we're talking our legacy here, right? I don't want my legacy to include a wormburner off the first tee .

I will say they few times I have teed off at an event, even though I was super super nervous, I made contact with the ball everytime. After that I was relaxed. And now that I've said that we all know how my tee shot will go....:banghead:

just dont top it

I did play one year of college golf only because they needed a 5th and I wanted free golf/lessons. Well being the 5th guy we always went off first and all of the other teams and coaches would be standing around the tee box. I can say that I never topped one mostly because I sucked so bad I had nothing to be nervous about. No hitting a big ole slice I did cover that.

I already shake like a fiend. I may have to have my partner tee the ball up for me.

I already shake like a fiend. I may have to have my partner tee the ball up for me.

We'll get one of these; no tee-ing issues for #Team441. Now, the first swing? We're each on our own for that. :D

golf-ball-dispenser-with-ma.jpg

We'll get one of these; no tee-ing issues for #Team441. Now, the first swing? We're each on our own for that. :D

golf-ball-dispenser-with-ma.jpg

I've actually got something similar to this that I got to maximize my practice time last year for the MC. It's amazing how much better my back felt not having to bend over to tee a ball up every time.

For those of you worried about first tee jitters.....there's nothing you can read or watch that will prepare you for what's going to happen on the first tee Saturday morning. I think I was more nervous waiting than I was when I actually got up to the ball. That doesn't mean I wasn't nervous, though...lol. Because I was. However, what I tried to do was move at half speed. And looking at the video of the opening tee shots from last year it looked like I was moving at normal speed.

Everyone is going to be different, but after that first shot it becomes just another round of golf with friends. I don't think I felt any pressure on a shot until Sunday on 17 when I was 1 up on Castor.

Gonna be a blast watching you guys continue to prep and then participate in this great event!

I've actually got something similar to this that I got to maximize my practice time last year for the MC. It's amazing how much better my back felt not having to bend over to tee a ball up every time.

For those of you worried about first tee jitters.....there's nothing you can read or watch that will prepare you for what's going to happen on the first tee Saturday morning. I think I was more nervous waiting than I was when I actually got up to the ball. That doesn't mean I wasn't nervous, though...lol. Because I was. However, what I tried to do was move at half speed. And looking at the video of the opening tee shots from last year it looked like I was moving at normal speed.

Everyone is going to be different, but after that first shot it becomes just another round of golf with friends. I don't think I felt any pressure on a shot until Sunday on 17 when I was 1 up on Castor.

Gonna be a blast watching you guys continue to prep and then participate in this great event!

Just be careful near trees with your 6 iron. Ask Adam...

Maybe a little music at the first tee to calm the nerves. Like this, tee off right at as the drums get going
or

Maybe a little music at the first tee to calm the nerves. Like this, tee off right at as the drums get going

I still get shivers when I hear this. what an opening song to one of the best live performances I've seen

LOL, I can see teeing off to Blind.

"aaaareYooouREEEEAAAADYYYYYY....*tink* *beat drop*

Of course then I'd expect to see flames coming off the ball, EA Sports style.

LOL, I can see teeing off to Blind.

"aaaareYooouREEEEAAAADYYYYYY....*tink* *beat drop*

Of course then I'd expect to see flames coming off the ball, EA Sports style.

Fireworks are legal in SC so we can make something happen. Bottle rockets???

Working with KBS right now...Biz might be picking up soon.

Back