Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

I am genuinely interested in these irons. I would have considered them for my bag but I grew too impatient with not having any irons in the bag for a while and could not hold out til Jan. Pulled the trigger on some Bio Cells last night but these new Wilson sticks sure are appealing to me.

JB - How do these compare to the Srixon 545s, Callaway Big Berthas, ior TM RSI1s as for as forgiveness and distance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JB - How do these compare to the Srixon 545s, Callaway Big Berthas, ior TM RSI1s as for as forgiveness and distance?

More forgiving for me than the 545s, but different irons, especially in design.
More forgiving for me than the RSi1's.
Not quite as forgiving as the Bertha's for me, but very close.

Distance is similar for all 4 on well hit shots for me. Distance on off center shots are really good and better than all outside of the Berthas.

Thanks JB

More forgiving for me than the 545s, but different irons, especially in design.
More forgiving for me than the RSi1's.
Not quite as forgiving as the Bertha's for me, but very close.

Distance is similar for all 4 on well hit shots for me. Distance on off center shots are really good and better than all outside of the Berthas.
I can't wait to hit these, the forgiveness is what I need, ASAP!

Even though I have no business pondering, I really want these things....and really want them in graphite..59G...yes please.

My round Sunday confirmed that I do not hit the sweet spot...and need all the help I can get

Even though I have no business pondering, I really want these things....and really want them in graphite..59G...yes please.

My round Sunday confirmed that I do not hit the sweet spot...and need all the help I can get
Well I know what you can do with your current irons haha

Have these irons actually hit the shelves yet?? I've been looking.

Cool. I'll have to check em out at the golf trade show in Feb. I'm a regular at the Wilson Staff and Ping booths.

No...mid jan

It was pretty awesome seeing THPers get them so early (to try out) and get the D200 driver so early (to keep) at the THP Event.

It was pretty awesome seeing THPers get them so early (to try out) and get the D200 driver so early (to keep) at the THP Event.
Yeah I'm a big fan of hitting stuff months and months in advance :)

Got to admit...I'm kinda jealous. Sounds fun. Where do I sign up??

I still remember reading that thread with envy. Not just because of the great SWAG the guys got, and it was great.

But how much the people at Wison Golf opened the doors and went out of their way to be interactive not just with the guys on site but the rest of the THP community as well. I got a few tweet replies from mike vrska and others.

Got to admit...I'm kinda jealous. Sounds fun. Where do I sign up??

That one already took place, but here is what the itinerary was for the event and what it was to happen.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?53410-PersonalDistance-w-THP-amp-Wilson-Golf

And here is the recap thread and a cool photo montage from the event.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...lDistance-Recap-Thread-w-THP-amp-Wilson-Staff

Best part is that THP is bringing it back this coming year AND Wilson Staff is part of something very special called #THPLegacy.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?64019-THPLegacy-What-Is-It

That one already took place, but here is what the itinerary was for the event and what it was to happen.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?53410-PersonalDistance-w-THP-amp-Wilson-Golf

And here is the recap thread and a cool photo montage from the event.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...lDistance-Recap-Thread-w-THP-amp-Wilson-Staff

Best part is that THP is bringing it back this coming year AND Wilson Staff is part of something very special called #THPLegacy.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?64019-THPLegacy-What-Is-It
Awesome. I'll have to sign up this time. Didn't realize this web site did all these cool things.

Awesome. I'll have to sign up this time. Didn't realize this web site did all these cool things.

15 events a year.
Some events involve equipment.
#THPMC involved 14 club + staff bag + apparel for each participant.
In the case of this Wilson Event, each participant got a custom fit driver by the tour department in any shaft they offered. 2 days with R&D and marketing team, dinner and golf with R&D team.

15 events a year.
Some events involve equipment.
#THPMC involved 14 club + staff bag + apparel for each participant.
In the case of this Wilson Event, each participant got a custom fit driver by the tour department in any shaft they offered. 2 days with R&D and marketing team, dinner and golf with R&D team.

Not to mention some very personalized swag from Wilson. Man that was a fun event to follow along with.

Not to mention some very personalized swag from Wilson. Man that was a fun event to follow along with.
That was such a cool touch by Wilson, tailoring them to each attendee, truly #Personal for sure!

Very cool indeed. My only gripe with the new fg driver was the sound at impact. Other than that it hit a really nice ball. Lots of carry.

Very cool indeed. My only gripe with the new fg driver was the sound at impact. Other than that it hit a really nice ball. Lots of carry.

The D200 is very different than the previous driver. Tons of reviews in the proper thread from the 9 guys that received one.

I saw a W/S marketing employee hit that thing 300 yards on a Trackman in bare feet. Impressive, but it nearly exploded my ear drum.

Bz2WqUUCEAACsAR.jpg:large

Wilson laid out the red carpet for us, the amount of swag was ridiculous. They did a great job getting to know each and every one of us.

I might ditch my G30 and go back to the Titleist 913 D2. Don't get me wrong it feels great and explodes it's just way too draw biased for my liking. The pro that talked me into it is a friend so I'm hoping he lets me trade it for a fairway wood. As much as I like my old Maxfli it's time for an upgrade. I heard the Tour Edge E8 3 wood is hot.

Back