Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

I have had the CI11's for a week or so. My previous set was the CI7 which has been my favorite iron which I have been using for about 2 years. I hope to post some comparison pics with the CI7. As good as the CI11 looks in pictures, they look even better in person. In my opinion, it is the best looking iron I have seen. And the great news it hits even better than the CI7. I got the graphite shaft (my CI7 were also graphite as well) and the shaft is black and is a fantastic look with the black head. Hopefully more to come!

Darin

Glad to hear they're working well for you! Definitely would love to see some comparison pics.

Couple of quick observations... the black definately makes the head look smaller. It will be interesting to see if it is just the black head makes it appear smaller. The feel at impact is "crisper" or "clickier" if that is a word :). The CI7 had an some soft of treatment that reduced vibration that I don't think the CI11 have. I really like the CI7 feel, so I was surprised that I liked this different feel.

Darin

I want to see these, with the new black KBS custom shaft in them.

Hi Darin, good to hear from somebody else playing these irons. I'm loving them at the moment, I think theyre a great looking club with above average forgiveness, especially on hits right out of the toe which is where i normally miss it.
The thing that really blows me away with the Ci11's is the longer irons. I havent played a 4 iron for ages, or even been that comfortable with my 5i, but these are so easy to hit that ive kept the 4i in the bag and use it lots, especially off the tee when i want a low, penetrating ballflight (i play on a course where it is always windy!!)

Couple of quick observations... the black definately makes the head look smaller. It will be interesting to see if it is just the black head makes it appear smaller. The feel at impact is "crisper" or "clickier" if that is a word :). The CI7 had an some soft of treatment that reduced vibration that I don't think the CI11 have. I really like the CI7 feel, so I was surprised that I liked this different feel.

Darin

Looking forward to seeing the pics and your continued thoughts on these, dj7675

Haven't been able to get out and play with them any more yet. Course has been closed here in Oregon due to frost :(

Darin

It will be interesting to follow your thoughts on these, especially with the comparisons.

I can't help but bring this back up and see if anyone has any more info on these.

I loved the Ci9's a ton prior to getting my 2.0's, these just look mean and oh so sweet though.

I was looking for them at a local shop, but they are usually a few months behind on things.

I was looking for them at a local shop, but they are usually a few months behind on things.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can track these down around here somewhere, I'd just really like to hit them as I've like just about every W/S club I've hit.

And did I mention these just look slick? haha

Hopefully they will find their way to Demo Day or I likely won't get to hit them.

I asked W/S on their Facebook page when these will start appearing and they said some stores should have them. Nobody around here has them yet.

Nice looking irons! I'm going to be honest I've never hit a Wilson iron and I am skeptical that they are anywhere close to a TM or Callaway iron, but if they work for you, awesome!

Nice looking irons! I'm going to be honest I've never hit a Wilson iron and I am skeptical that they are anywhere close to a TM or Callaway iron, but if they work for you, awesome!

That's a shame, because they are legit.

Don't confuse the old Wilson Wal-Mart imagery witht he Wilson-Staff brand, totally different animals. VERY good clubs are being put out by WS (with lots of info here on THP).

That's a shame, because they are legit.

Don't confuse the old Wilson Wal-Mart imagery witht he Wilson-Staff brand, totally different animals. VERY good clubs are being put out by WS (with lots of info here on THP).

This. They are a solid brand that can compete with the best for quality, performance, and value.

This. They are a solid brand that can compete with the best for quality, performance, and value.

Yup, the ONLY reason my Ci9's hit the backup bag is because how much of an enigma the 2.0's became. I could easily put them back in the bag and game them still though.

If the Ci11's are longer, I'll 100% take a look. Imagine those heads with the C-Taper's looks and Red VDR's...yum.

That is a nice sounding setup, Jman!

I had never swung a Wilson club until last week. I hit a preowned set of Di9 irons and came away impressed. Solid club with good feel. I can only guess the newer version is a bit better.
TapAhoy!

Last edited:
Hows the black holding up?

These look really nice, especially in black. However my only concern is that the finish will wear, kind of like the black TW9 wedges.

Yep the black finish of these could be a problem . I think these have a similar but different finish, the tw9 I think were a gun metal like finish and the ci11 have pvc finish, which may be more durable . I don't know that for a fact but others might.
gb

I hit the Ci11's yesterday at Golf Town. They are on sale for $350. Very nice soft feeling due to the rubber medallion they have in the cavity. Slightly less distance for me than Cally Diablo's and AP1's but good dispersion and very forgiving. I'd say a mid ball flight, not too high. Overall a great club. If you told me it was a 1020 carbon head I'd believe it (not that I claim to be an expert on 'feel').

Back