So this happened today:
DYNAPWR 5h
IMG_2167.jpeg

Nice. Tell us about it.
So I hit an hour in the practice bay locally and it was only 10am, so I checked my phone and the Willowbrook Edwin Watts store was only 45 minutes away so I made the trip.
Walked in the store and they let me look around.
I finally asked if I could hit a Hybrid and asked for a Mizuno ST-Max 5.
They did not have one - only in the ST-X
The fitter grabbed the Wilson Dynapower 5 hybrid and said "Try this"
Now He was wearing a Wilson hat and asked is that why he handed me the club.
He exclaimed "Sort of however this hybrid is really good and real value"
Learning enough about clubs here that I shouldn't be "Manufacture Blind" I said "Sure"
I remember reading where the Fairway and Hybrid of this line "Flew under the Radar"
With my new 245 irons, I need a club to hit the 155 yardage and I really didn't have one in my "Inventory"
The fitter taped one up with a Regular Flex and RDX Smoke Red shaft
I starting hitting away and after getting used it it the club was giving me exactly the yardage I wanted and then some.
Real solid sound and some great numbers. Hit some real nice "Tiny" Draws.
I remember hitting a shot that gave my a 1.41 Smash.

I did try the Mizuno ST-X with the Linq Blue shaft in it however, there was no comparison between the two.
The Wilson Dynapower was just a better fit for me

Nice that EW had GC Quad for fitting and Bridgestone E6 to hit.

So I hit an hour in the practice bay locally and it was only 10am, so I checked my phone and the Willowbrook Edwin Watts store was only 45 minutes away so I made the trip.
Walked in the store and they let me look around.
I finally asked if I could hit a Hybrid and asked for a Mizuno ST-Max 5.
They did not have one - only in the ST-X
The fitter grabbed the Wilson Dynapower 5 hybrid and said "Try this"
Now He was wearing a Wilson hat and asked is that why he handed me the club.
He exclaimed "Sort of however this hybrid is really good and real value"
Learning enough about clubs here that I shouldn't be "Manufacture Blind" I said "Sure"
I remember reading where the Fairway and Hybrid of this line "Flew under the Radar"
With my new 245 irons, I need a club to hit the 155 yardage and I really didn't have one in my "Inventory"
The fitter taped one up with a Regular Flex and RDX Smoke Red shaft
I starting hitting away and after getting used it it the club was giving me exactly the yardage I wanted and then some.
Real solid sound and some great numbers. Hit some real nice "Tiny" Draws.
I remember hitting a shot that gave my a 1.41 Smash.

I did try the Mizuno ST-X with the Linq Blue shaft in it however, there was no comparison between the two.
The Wilson Dynapower was just a better fit for me

Nice that EW had GC Quad for fitting and Bridgestone E6 to hit.
I love it. Wilson has always had some very underrated hybrids. When you get a chance, can I see a pic from the address position?

I love it. Wilson has always had some very underrated hybrids. When you get a chance, can I see a pic from the address position?
IMG_2168.jpegIMG_2169.jpeg
Have a compact look to them.
TBH look like 2019 CLK hybrids.
I trying to get some hybrids in my bag for Briggs Ranch in 45 days. I may pick up a 6h as well.

View attachment 9245982View attachment 9245983
I trying to get some hybrids in my bag for Briggs Ranch in 45 days. I may pick up a 6h as well.
The Dynapower looks really good. I still have a C300 in my back-up bag. Just disappointed that they went away from the adjustability of the C300.

The Dynapower looks really good. I still have a C300 in my back-up bag. Just disappointed that they went away from the adjustability of the C300.
I had to go back to look at C300. I liked the adjustabilty too. Color probably hurt that thing. Wilson has often gotten it 90% right and then does something odd to keep the mainstream from giving it a try. Just paint the thing black and it sells better.

Funny you should mention the color, (red). I've always been traditional when it comes to color. Titleist grey or gloss black, but the red really grew on me. It's more of a black red. Have the 3 wood as well, which is the gem of the line.

Funny you should mention the color, (red). I've always been traditional when it comes to color. Titleist grey or gloss black, but the red really grew on me. It's more of a black red. Have the 3 wood as well, which is the gem of the line.
I heard the 3W was solid. Same with current DP line. MGS named it best in its category. I think it's safer for a re-emerging brand to keep color traditional. Don't give a buyer a reason not to buy.

Nice. Tell us about it.
Now that I’ve slept on it, I think the club and I “Clicked” meaning I didn’t have to “Work” to make the club work. It came “Naturally”

You’ve tested plenty of clubs and I think you know what I mean. I’m sure you’ve picked up a club, took a couple of swings and said to yourself “ This combo doesn't work for me”. That didn’t happen here. I picked it up and it just worked.

That’s why I bought it. Doesn’t happen by happenstance that often. I would have regretted not buying it.

Last edited:
Now that I’ve slept on it, I think the club and I “Clicked” meaning I didn’t have to “Work” to make the club work. It came “Naturally”

You’ve tested plenty of clubs and I think you know what I mean. I’m sure you’ve picked up a club, took a couple of swings and said to yourself “ This combo just work”. That didn’t happen here. I picked it up and it just worked.

That’s why I bought it. Doesn’t happen by happenstance that often. I would have regretted not buying it.
I know exactly what you are saying. Keep us updated on this. I'm thinking these could be a contender for me. Still need to figure out my 5h/6h solution for the season.

I know exactly what you are saying. Keep us updated on this. I'm thinking these could be a contender for me. Still need to figure out my 5h/6h solution for the season.
Even though I've become a little bit of a Mizuno Fanboy as they have released clubs "Down" to my level, I've decided to sign up for a Wilson Fitting on the 16th to see if I can patch together the top end of my bag after my 7i.
We'll see what transpires.

View attachment 9245982View attachment 9245983
I did an exercise on the Simulator on Saturday where I started the flag at 75 yards, bumped the flag back to 100 and then 10 yards back from that.
When I got to 160, I pulled out the Dynapower 5h. Hit the two straights shot I hit all day and end up at 165, exactly where I need this club to be in my bag.
So Happy!
I hit the DP 5 wood later that day and it's making a bid to be in my bag. The combo is just working for me.
I have my Wilson Fitting on Saturday and I'll be working on to see if I go 3/4 Hybrid, 5/7 Wood or a combo of both.

I did an exercise on the Simulator on Saturday where I started the flag at 75 yards, bumped the flag back to 100 and then 10 yards back from that.
When I got to 160, I pulled out the Dynapower 5h. Hit the two straights shot I hit all day and end up at 165, exactly where I need this club to be in my bag.
So Happy!
I hit the DP 5 wood later that day and it's making a bid to be in my bag. The combo is just working for me.
I have my Wilson Fitting on Saturday and I'll be working on to see if I go 3/4 Hybrid, 5/7 Wood or a combo of both.
That's great to read.

Do you typically do better with hybrids or fairway woods? How's the height you're seeing out of the DP hybrid?

That's great to read.

Do you typically do better with hybrids or fairway woods? How's the height you're seeing out of the DP hybrid?
If I told you it depends on what my swing is doing that year, would you understand?

I haven't noticed the height however the RDX Red shaft in these clubs seems to high launching based I can remember seeing the GC Quad.
I promise that I will look at it on Saturday.
I'm really looking for something that I can launch to get over the greenside traps at Briggs.

If I told you it depends on what my swing is doing that year, would you understand?

I haven't noticed the height however the RDX Red shaft in these clubs seems to high launching based I can remember seeing the GC Quad.
I promise that I will look at it on Saturday.
I'm really looking for something that I can launch to get over the greenside traps at Briggs.
I do understand that. I find there’s a point where hybrids just don’t fly high enough for me, depending on the brand/model. Below 4h is usually where I start to see some issues.

So Happy!
Ice, What kind of distance were you getting from the 5W. I think I need something in the 175-185yd range.

Ice, What kind of distance were you getting from the 5W. I think I need something in the 175-185yd range.
LMAO - Exactly this yardage!
Told the guy at Edwin Watts - it's got to get to 180 to be in my bag.
If you go this route - Check eBay - Some places are blowing out of there Dynapower line up.
I've seen new DP Hybrids going for less that $150.

I did a Wilson Dynapower Woods fitting on Saturday.
My fitting was at 11:00 so I came in a half hour early to get warmed out and get any Sha@nks out of my system.
The Wilson fitter got in just before 11, started to set up. I stop by and said, "I'm your 11:00 fitting, I'm down at the practice bay once you get set up"
5 minutes later, he's all set up.
I tell the fitter that I've had some unanticipated success with the Dynapower 5h and that I'm looking to fill a 175 and 185 gap in my bag.
Told him I was think 5 & 7 wood or 19 & 21 hybrid or a combo of both.
So the fitter asked me to hit my 5h, Just crushed that club. The fitter remarked at one point "Man, your just flushing it, you can hear it"
First up was the 5 wood in the same RDX Red R flex shaft - Struck it really well and was getting the 185 distance I was looking for and then some.
Not all were online however all were playable, I did remember getting 17+ launch from the 5w which I was ecstatic about.
Tried the 19* Hybrid and while I got some additional height, distance was lacking.
Also tried the 7 wood - Again got the launch - just not the distance, I'd have to maybe try it again when I was "Fresher"

So It was determined that Dynapower 5 wood was a fit and I have on incoming.
It also always me to keep my #4 iCrossover in the bag for longer par 3's or when the ground gets firm and need to run one out.

I did take a couple of swings with the Dynapower Carbon Driver 10.5 with a made for Ventus shaft.
First Drive I hit really well and it just fell off from there, think I got "Gassed"

The fitter did say that Wilson's Tour Fitter states that magic numbers to their drivers is "17/17"
17* of launch and 1700 of Spin - I turned around and say "OMG it's the SLDR 2.0"

Enjoyed reading that @Iceman!

Well, everything except the very last line lol. That's just bad advice. I suspect the DP Carbon is a tough driver to fit a wide group of players into, much like the SLDR you mentioned. The solution (imo) is making the secondary driver more attractive so that the players that can't handle low spin and forgiveness have a solution they are excited to try.

I did a Wilson Dynapower Woods fitting on Saturday.
My fitting was at 11:00 so I came in a half hour early to get warmed out and get any Sha@nks out of my system.
The Wilson fitter got in just before 11, started to set up. I stop by and said, "I'm your 11:00 fitting, I'm down at the practice bay once you get set up"
5 minutes later, he's all set up.
I tell the fitter that I've had some unanticipated success with the Dynapower 5h and that I'm looking to fill a 175 and 185 gap in my bag.
Told him I was think 5 & 7 wood or 19 & 21 hybrid or a combo of both.
So the fitter asked me to hit my 5h, Just crushed that club. The fitter remarked at one point "Man, your just flushing it, you can hear it"
First up was the 5 wood in the same RDX Red R flex shaft - Struck it really well and was getting the 185 distance I was looking for and then some.
Not all were online however all were playable, I did remember getting 17+ launch from the 5w which I was ecstatic about.
Tried the 19* Hybrid and while I got some additional height, distance was lacking.
Also tried the 7 wood - Again got the launch - just not the distance, I'd have to maybe try it again when I was "Fresher"

So It was determined that Dynapower 5 wood was a fit and I have on incoming.
It also always me to keep my #4 iCrossover in the bag for longer par 3's or when the ground gets firm and need to run one out.

I did take a couple of swings with the Dynapower Carbon Driver 10.5 with a made for Ventus shaft.
First Drive I hit really well and it just fell off from there, think I got "Gassed"

The fitter did say that Wilson's Tour Fitter states that magic numbers to their drivers is "17/17"
17* of launch and 1700 of Spin - I turned around and say "OMG it's the SLDR 2.0"
I’m gonna need 17/1700 to not mentally wreck another wave of golfers.

To be fair, it it came from a Tour fitter, they might be talking about people that can actually hit the center of the club face with a little speed 😂

Back