Mullinax never was going to have it in the bag, but Kis was supposed to. That’s sort of the risk of bringing him on staff I think. Seems like an OEM’s worst nightmare when it comes to getting product in his bag.
Kisner’s video on the W/S IG feed are good. Still they need their players using their driver. If he doesn’t carry the number of their clubs he’s supposed to I’d void the contract. You’re paid to play their clubs.

Great article @Hawk. Pretty interesting how the adjustable hosel can dramatically change the dispersion. Is this unique to the Wilson drivers or is this seen in all adjustable hosel drivers?
It depends on Hosel type. Do not know Nomenclature but a Hosel that has basic adjustments like Wilson's will open the face when when reducing loft, and close face when adding loft. Part of this is due to how club sits on ground at Address. My Ping G400 Max is same way with simple ➕️ and ➖️ on Hosel. When I tried increasing loft I Hooked the ball like crazy. Honestly it's the opposite of what I thought it would be and have to remind myself often.

I really want to try one of these drivers. One thing that is sitting in the back of my mind is if I do like this driver, would I benefit waiting 6+ months or a year and pick one up at a discounted price? It just seems traditionally, Wilson has dropped the price of their drivers quicker than most OEMs.

Would have to agree. This will likely be the first new driver to see a price drop early. Then again, Wilson made a big mistake overpricing the Cortex, and tried to ride that out too long.

Would have to agree. This will likely be the first new driver to see a price drop early. Then again, Wilson made a big mistake overpricing the Cortex, and tried to ride that out too long.
That's what I thought. Since their site stinks so badly i tend to notice that they hold price on all equipment categories pretty long. Maybe not apparel but bats, balls, tennis etc.

I have no idea what store that is, but that is quite the caption.

Hunt Golf in Burlington, NC, just outside Greensboro. Paul, the owner, is a really good guy. Big Wilson guy. His daughter who works there, played golf at NC State.

I see the irons in some shots and think they look pretty good. Then, they look very cheap in others.

The irons are as competitive as any out, especially at their price point comparatively speaking to $ 12-1400 of others! I’m a W/S fan and can’t wait to see these in person, although I’m hooked on OL currently!

Saw this bag on insta and I think it is the best thing they have done in a while.

1676605608477.png

Thanks for the great write-up, @Hawk

Great info, across the lineup, but I'm particularly intrigued by the drivers. It'd be nice to spend a bit of time with. Very curious how draw-biased the titanium is. While it probably isn't completely justified, just hearing "draw bias" makes me nervous.

I see the irons in some shots and think they look pretty good. Then, they look very cheap in others.
I think they use real pictures on insta but some kind of image thing on their website. They should pay JMAN to take their pixs.

i have a 9 degree carbon in my cart :oops:

I was looking at the drivers today in store. On one hand I really want to love them and do find them appealing in a certain way. On the other hand they give off a vibe of being cheaper or lower quality.

The Carbon model I was looking at had what appeared to be black epoxy filling in the gap around the carbon crown. Like the crown was just glued in place and glue squeezed out around the edges and was wiped off. You can see what I mean easier in red.

20230222_130324.jpg

20230222_202113.jpg

Saw the irons today in the shop at local 9 hole course I frequently play. They look reall nice in person. I sat the 5 iron on the floor and was pleasantly surprised by how thin the top line is on these. To my eye, they’re fairly small in comparison to some sets in this category!

Saw the irons today in the shop at local 9 hole course I frequently play. They look reall nice in person. I sat the 5 iron on the floor and was pleasantly surprised by how thin the top line is on these. To my eye, they’re fairly small in comparison to some sets in this category!

Nice. Hopefully I'll get a look at them sometime in the future.

The carbon driver looks fantastic! Really need to test a 10.5 head turned down. Hearing some really positive feedback from some fitter friends. It definitely keeps up with ball speed.

Well lookie what turned up in the mail yesterday.

Thank you @JB and @GolferGal

PXL_20230224_011928238.MP.jpg

PXL_20230224_011941590.MP.jpg

PXL_20230224_011957446.MP.jpg

I don't understand why didn't release the WLABS Staff model driver that Woodland was using instead of this. Looks much better imo.

I don't understand why didn't release the WLABS Staff model driver that Woodland was using instead of this. Looks much better imo.
Only saw that dirver in black in white pics. To me these look better. My understanding from the coporate website is that WLabs is about using their AI technolghy to develope better products. Some of that learning must be in these drivers.

Put a stick on that and report back please

That's the plan. When I can get an adapter, which I assume will be after the official availability date of March 1st.

Back