I don't understand why didn't release the WLABS Staff model driver that Woodland was using instead of this. Looks much better imo.

I thought this concept was sick. To me it stood out as something different. I dont think the new wave of younger golfers care at all about the history of the Dynapwr name.

I thought this concept was sick. To me it stood out as something different. I dont think the new wave of younger golfers care at all about the history of the Dynapwr name.
I agree that DynaPwr doesn't mean much to a new generation. I guess it's not any worse a name than the other brands use. The Wlabs thing is or was a thing Wilson was doing to develop tech with their AI functions in some of their product categories. I know they did it in tennis and baseball. I saw the Driver and other woods today. Didn't blow me away. I like a shiny black crown. The irons I thought looked better than i expected.

I’m a Wilson guy but I admit that after a launch I’m left with this feeling that this is it until next year. We’ll have it in stock and if you like it we’ll make more. I sense that it’s just a category in a corporation. At Cally, Cobra, Titleist it’s back to work the next day to make that stuff we just launched better. Even Mizuno who operates in a fairly similar fashion to Wilson. They work like heck to be a great golf brand. Not just a great brand.

I finally saw the DYNAPWR line up today! Overall, I’m impressed. A couple of initial thoughts. The driver is more subdued looking than I thought. Carbon weave looks nice, and the W/S shield in the toe section has a 3-D effect and looks phenomenal! I think it’s priced correctly. I don’t want to say it looks cheap, because it doesn’t, it just doesn’t stand out compared to other OEMs.
C5877728-AD17-4AC4-B37A-BEF7110FFBB1.jpeg
The fairway and hybrids look good. The hybrid is a little bulbous. Reminded me of a larger TM fire sole rescue. The Smoke Red RDX shafts look tremendous in this lineup!
7CB1A961-1B8A-4E3A-85BA-118B4C7FC0B6.jpeg
036D2FE5-F04B-4D40-A3B4-B160F381D062.jpeg
The DYNAPWR irons look good. An updated D7/D9 iron. I suspect they are long.
1CDED8D0-8B8D-498A-8B20-84A5C17FEFAC.jpeg
C3497992-FED0-4415-B813-7D4E2BC0FD1C.jpeg

I just need to get an adapter and I'm all set.

I hit the DYNAPWR irons today. Just straight rocket launchers. 204 with a 6 iron! Height was 92, decent angle was 46, spin was low 4ks. Ball speed was impressive, in the 120s, smash factor was 1.40. They sit really well behind the ball. Wilson has chamfered the top line and chromed it, so the top line looks super thin for a GI iron.

Last edited:
I hit the DYNAPWR irons today. Just straight rocket launchers. 204 with a 6 iron! Height was 92, decent angle was 46, spin was low 4ks. Ball speed was impressive, in the 120s, smash factor was 1.40. The sit really well behind the ball. Wilson has chamfered the top line and chromed it, so the top line looks super thin for a GI iron.
Curious your thoughts on the sound/feel as I was hitting them a bit yesterday myself

Curious your thoughts on the sound/feel as I was hitting them a bit yesterday myself
Sound and feel might be the most impressive thing about them. I knew they were on the top end for distance. And, they look good. But, I didn’t expect them to feel that soft and sound that good. Of all the irons I hit this afternoon, these truly felt and sounded the best. When buttoned, they felt soft and there was an extremely pleasant SNAP. You could tell instantly when you compressed one.
I found them very forgiving too. I hit some stinkers and they still hit that 190 yardage and ball speed and efficiency stayed up.
@JB what were your thoughts?

Sound and feel might be the most impressive thing about them. I knew they were on the top end for distance. And, they look good. But, I didn’t expect them to feel that soft and sound that good. Of all the irons I hit this afternoon, these truly felt and sounded the best. When buttoned, they felt soft and there was an extremely pleasant SNAP. You could tell instantly when you compressed one.
I found them very forgiving too. I hit some stinkers and they still hit that 190 yardage and ball speed and efficiency stayed up.
@JB what were your thoughts?
Quite different actually
While the looks don’t scream premium to me, I think Wilson fans are their target market here and I honestly like them. But when I hit them side by side with other sets they just come off as clunky. And frankly the opposite of what many Wilson irons have felt like or done in recent history. The feel isnt too firm to me, but almost artificial. It is hard to explain and my original thoughts hold true that with a good launch, these would have done well. This was the opposite of a good launch so they needed a hook in terms of look or feel to drive people in. In my opinion that didn’t happen.

Why these? Price? Messaging? Looks? I ask this genuinely because this is the first product that was supposed to be the big return and it felt flat to me.

With that said, I love the engagement continuing and glad you enjoyed them

Quite different actually
While the looks don’t scream premium to me, I think Wilson fans are their target market here and I honestly like them. But when I hit them side by side with other sets they just come off as clunky. And frankly the opposite of what many Wilson irons have felt like or done in recent history. The feel isnt too firm to me, but almost artificial. It is hard to explain and my original thoughts hold true that with a good launch, these would have done well. This was the opposite of a good launch so they needed a hook in terms of look or feel to drive people in. In my opinion that didn’t happen.

Why these? Price? Messaging? Looks? I ask this genuinely because this is the first product that was supposed to be the big return and it felt flat to me.

I liked them a lot more than the C-300 irons and the D7. I believe they have a more modern look. They felt better than those irons in my opinion.
My biggest concern with the DYNAPWR irons is gapping. With a 200 yard 6 iron, what do you do in the long irons? How much gap will you have between the short irons? I am excited to try the DYNAPWR forged because I think they might be able to correct some of these issues.
Now, as far as marketing, Wilson is gonna Wilson! I believe they had the most amount of buzz surrounding this release in a long time. And, they let it just fizzle out. Without your play, I’m not sure what they can really do.

I liked them a lot more than the C-300 irons and the D7. I believe they have a more modern look. They felt better than those irons in my opinion.
My biggest concern with the DYNAPWR irons is gapping. With a 200 yard 6 iron, what do you do in the long irons? How much gap will you have between the short irons? I am excited to try the DYNAPWR forged because I think they might be able to correct some of these issues.
Now, as far as marketing, Wilson is gonna Wilson! I believe they had the most amount of buzz surrounding this release in a long time. And, they let it just fizzle out. Without your play, I’m not sure what they can really do.
I think they had to.
The irons failed on a certain level as they didn’t have 7 or 8 irons so couldn’t ship. Yes that’s a real story. Fortunately they got it corrected and were able to get some product out. Hard to bite on that when Cleveland, Tour Edge and others have similar price point on the shelves and Wilson was backlogged a bit

Quite different actually

Describe clunky and the “artificial” feel. Never heard irons feeling artificial. I’m in the market for GI, possibly SGI, and thought these were appealing in the shop but haven’t tried them. Your opinions are always noteworthy! @JB

Last edited:
Will THP have info this Fall on DynaPwr Forged irons, new blade and wedge. I saw them on another site and liked the look but no info on their performance. I never understand the whole embargo thing.

Will THP have info this Fall on DynaPwr Forged irons, new blade and wedge. I saw them on another site and liked the look but no info on their performance. I never understand the whole embargo thing.
going to a faceless badge seems very on-brand for Wilson these days

How do they compare to the xl halos, as I play the Halos also?

How do they compare to the xl halos, as I play the Halos also?
Besides the obvious looks difference, the biggest difference is distance. I saw almost a 20 yard difference with a fitted DYNAPWR 6 iron versus my stock Halo 6 iron. Apples to apples, I would conservatively guess you would see at least 10 yards more with the Wilson irons. But, Cleveland never claimed the Halos to be a distance Iron.

Besides the obvious looks difference, the biggest difference is distance. I saw almost a 20 yard difference with a fitted DYNAPWR 6 iron versus my stock Halo 6 iron. Apples to apples, I would conservatively guess you would see at least 10 yards more with the Wilson irons. But, Cleveland never claimed the Halos to be a distance Iron.
What fitted shaft and what’s your SS?

@JB when you tried the DYNAPWR irons, what shafts were in them? After the WGP episode where you explained feel/sound/frequency, I have been thinking about this.

@JB when you tried the DYNAPWR irons, what shafts were in them? After the WGP episode where you explained feel/sound/frequency, I have been thinking about this.
I tried with standard KBS and also with Recoil 95

I tried with standard KBS and also with Recoil 95
My question is if certain frequencies will translate into sound which then becomes feel, will a graphite shaft make an iron "feel" better. I feel like graphite might reduce the vibrations (frequencies) created when hitting them.

My question is if certain frequencies will translate into sound which then becomes feel, will a graphite shaft make an iron "feel" better. I feel like graphite might reduce the vibrations (frequencies) created when hitting them.
It of course could. So will a grip.

Dollar for dollar, which is a bargain, they’ll compete any iron in their given category.

Little bump for this one.

Never really gave anything beyond the driver a look initially. Yesterday I hit the 7 wood for fun and was very pleasantly surprised. Found it to be extremely easy to hit, super consistent and felt/sounded great. I love the shallower face and straighter leading edge. It made it easy to feel like I could pick it off the turf.

Anyone else own or try one?

Back