Wilson Staff Introduces Milled 8802

That is a beauty! I still have a thing for blade putters, I guess cause that's what I learned with. Also to know that it's got a perfectly flat milled face ... I'll bet it feels incredible. I'm very curious on the price.

That 8802 may not be a gamer for most people but if you play with a current "blade" and incorporate the true blade into your practice, I guarantee you'll become a better putter. The sweetspot on that thing is the size of the head of a pin.

I have one of these forged blades below that I practice with on occasion, it's a Yonex Super A.D.X. Tour (Michelson used to play with one in the 90's):
product_60850.jpg

Sweet Headcover

Something tells me when THPers are at Wilson HQ for the THP Event this year they will be checking these out.

I'll be trying to sneak some putts in with one.

Something tells me when THPers are at Wilson HQ for the THP Event this year they will be checking these out.
Another layer to the cake, and I love cake.

I WANT. SO BAD. That thing is an absolute work of art, a beautifully timeless design. Don't know if I would game it or not, but hey I might be surprised, it's not too far removed from the #9 Odyssey I play in shape. The real question is going to be price.

I like that they re-released this putter. It's part of their heritage that's for sure.

Oh this one is right up my alley and it is absolutely stunning. I will own one of these!

Some of those THPers might already own one by then.

Should have put off the knee replacement. Nice fall weather and cool stuff going on at Wilson Staff in October.

I was hoping you'd say that.

That's one sharp looking putter and one that I would definitely consider gaming after my experience with the Acushnet Bulls Eye heel shafted flange II putter that I picked up last week for $20.
Just for kicks, I used it during my club's afternoon scramble this week and putting surprisingly well with it. With such similar shapes, I could certainly see an 8802 in the bag.

Maybe they should sell the retro nexus bag and the putter as a combo.If they are not going to sell the 8802 via the internet then they have to improve their distribution.Hopefully what they are showing will make that possible.
Does that putter cover go with this bag or what?!
5A803876-E399-48C7-ADFA-BAA6AA44C765_zpsashk8gvn.jpg

I love it. I want one badly.

Yup....a day later and I'm still in love. I can only imagine the feel at impact....!

I used this putter in 1986 in my senior year of high school.
I will buy one, will not use it but will own one

Would be awesome to roll up to #PersonalDistance with one of these in the bag

Went and putted with my 8802 last night after posting in here. Gotta have one of the milled releases!

JM

Can't putt with this style worth a damn but man is that thing gorgeous.

Wilson should be working on some other putters than this same face and finish. An Answer style would be sweet and although this is classic the other probably sells better.

Wilson should be working on some other putters than this same face and finish. An Answer style would be sweet and although this is classic the other probably sells better.

As cool as they would look, let's be honest, they wouldn't sell. The putter market is fickle, with the 8802 they at least get the nostalgia sales.

As cool as they would look, let's be honest, they wouldn't sell. The putter market is fickle, with the 8802 they at least get the nostalgia sales.
I tend to agree with jman here.

Back