Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls and Baller Box

I feel like that would be his expression to knowing he missed out on such a baller idea. He's like ah crap, that would have worked.

I guess this sort of falls into the same place as Snell pricing for me.
It's a decent price, but it's just not low enough to make people jump to it in droves. I feel like if they could sneak into that $30-35 range they'd sell a TON more balls.

Wilson Staff Staff Model
goofy subscription

weird times at the W right now

interesting approach, but they are pricing themselves out. Fan of wilson staff but not interested in this one bit.

I'm guessing it's either going the way of the dodo with an aborted launch and we hear nothing of it again, or it's going to include more offerings as Wilson ramps this whole thing up... I could be entirely off base though...

The name “Baller Box” seems overly cheap to me, especially when you consider that it’s a name for 12 white golf balls in a box. It’s like seeing a bottle of Malibu delivered to a VIP table with the sparklers. Cool, I guess? Even at $43 a dozen This is going to be a hard sell. And to commit to 12 months of a dozen golf balls (as opposed to just 144 golf balls now) to bring the cost to $40 is mystifying to me, since most other tour balls from other brands can be found at a similar price point with a bit of effort or good timing. I am curious to see how they are received. Maybe they will prove to be worth the effort.

Damn why you gotta hate on my go-to bottle service selection :ROFLMAO:

My other question, is if the goal here is to grab new customers, then isn’t a legitimate discount system necessary when going D2C? Here, it seems to me they’re only going to tap into mostly their current fan base, and even then the “baller box” name could bring in diminishing returns there.

I am intrigued with the new ball but the subscription deal throws it all off for me. guess i'll just have to find some on the course...

I guess for the price I'd want a bit more than just a dozen balls... it's a BALLER BOX. I want more! Make me feel appreciated for spending my $$ on it.

All I really see is that Baller = a new box of balls without sleeves

Pass for me. Not at all interested in a ball subscription. They made STAFF pretty big on the ball it looks like.

I guess for the price I'd want a bit more than just a dozen balls... it's a BALLER BOX. I want more! Make me feel appreciated for spending my $$ on it.

there better be some moist towelettes in there...

Personal opinion, but I don't think you're going to get into many golfers hands if you're priced above a ProV1

Could this possibly be the first item in a subscription line of Staff products. Although unsure what else could be sold in a subscription format.
I would have just sold these to my customer base and online. I think current customers will be upset with the attempted subscription model. Dealers do not like having items excluded from their assormtnet. I still think some may say if I can't have everything I dont want any of it. There is a lot of product to buy out there. Meanwhile, we are all confused. So where is the win here.
Wilson marketing reads THP. I imagine they are questioning what they have gotten themselves into.

Could this possibly be the first item in a subscription line of Staff products. Although unsure what else could be sold in a subscription format.
I would have just sold these to my customer base and online. I think current customers will be upset with the attempted subscription model. Dealers do not like having items excluded from their assormtnet. I still think some may say if I can't have everything I dont want any of it. There is a lot of product to buy out there. Meanwhile, we are all confused. So where is the win here.
Wilson marketing reads THP. I imagine they are questioning what they have gotten themselves into.

If I was a betting man, you will see their entire ball lineup enter this with different price points.

Jeez, Louise, that's bad.

Hm. Perhaps if after 3 months you get a Hat & Towel. After 6 months you get a Hat & Towel & Wedge. After 9 months you get a Hat & Towel & Wedge & ???

a paltry discount to commit to a singular ball for an extended period of time doesn't really get the juices flowing

Hm. Perhaps if after 3 months you get a Hat & Towel. After 6 months you get a Hat & Towel & Wedge. After 9 months you get a Hat & Towel & Wedge & ???

a paltry discount to commit to a singular ball for an extended period of time doesn't really get the juices flowing
Right. There's no compelling reason to jump in on this.

I've really liked Wilson balls ,especially DUO Professional, and this ball is one I would love to try. The entire subscription premise leaves me out.

Right. There's no compelling reason to jump in on this.

That is my biggest concern for a launch like this. There has been zero come out anywhere outside of THP I believe so far (not sure why), but it is on their website now and live. They are now roughly the most expensive ball in golf out of major brands, with a product launch that is a bit unique.

I think the ball feels pretty darn good (some office putting) and the tech seems fairly solid, but in a year like this one, filled with tremendous choices, all of which are significantly less expensive now, this is a tough sell to the golfer.

That is my biggest concern for a launch like this. There has been zero come out anywhere outside of THP I believe so far (not sure why), but it is on their website now and live. They are now roughly the most expensive ball in golf out of major brands, with a product launch that is a bit unique.

I think the ball feels pretty darn good (some office putting) and the tech seems fairly solid, but in a year like this one, filled with tremendous choices, all of which are significantly less expensive now, this is a tough sell to the golfer.
OOH!!! THP got the SCOOP!!!

And it's the year of the ball! That's what was said at the PGA show... seems so long ago:oops:

The benefits of the baller box club program don't appeal to me...does this rationalize such an increase in price over their competition?

1. free personalization
2. free shipping
3. early access to pre order products on the website
4. early access to early seasonal discounts

What would it take for this to be more alluring? I think at $30 / dozen for the full year's commitment they may generate some interest. Once it gets over $35, I think most would look in another direction.

New golf balls in a cool box. As a one time purchase, I’d be interested but for a per month with some options, I’m out. From a marketing standpoint it might make sense to include a limited edition item for each level of subscription: ball marker, towel, hat or club cover.

Back