Would you play without a fairway wood?

Would I? Sure, why not. Give me a 17 degree Callaway Super Hybrid and I'll be fine.

Should I? My opinion - no. They are very beneficial.

I'm going to test this theory once my super hybrid comes in. I like hitting 3W (mostly off the tee, off the deck on the random par 5), so seeing if it's an improvement will be interesting.

I tried doing this yesterday. I'm hitting my 5i consistent. but struggling with a mental block with my 5W and 4H. So....just use the 5i and see if that has a better net result to my scoring. I think no fairway wood definitely helped my game. I was not playing the best. I was tight and took way more penalties that even my high normal rate. That said, I averaged a better average advancement of the ball on par 5s with the 5i as my second shot instead of the 5W. Looking at my Arccos data, I'm only giving up about 30-35 yards on best strikes, but gaining a much more consistent and higher average.

So until I can regain my comfort with my 5W, it's going into time out. (and trying out a 4i to replace the 4H)

I'm going to test this theory once my super hybrid comes in. I like hitting 3W (mostly off the tee, off the deck on the random par 5), so seeing if it's an improvement will be interesting.
the less I talk about the super hybrid, the better :ROFLMAO:

Back