Your Driver Shaft For 2022

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious if anyone knows or is planning a particular shaft in the big stick for 2022?

If so, curious why it works for you?

Also curious - how long have you used this shaft? Brand new to you or old faithful?

Currently swinging Ventus Black 6s…. Debating on toying with the new Blue VR ….
Going to hit Callaway’s new lineup tomorrow. Wondering if that would be an option.

Oh this is one that is a stone cold lock. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue TX. When @+7 KPTT takes the shaft out of his driver and hands it to you, and it performs great right out of the gate, you know you've found your gamer shaft 😆

Right now, I have it narrowed down to 3.

Ventus Red 6X - Unexpectedly good when I thought it would be launching to high
Ventus Blue 6X - What I was fit into at the Grandaddy and roping shots
LINQ Blue M40X - A fantastic feeling shaft in my curren 4wood and loved the LINQ Purple so this is getting a shot at the title.

Pretty sure these will be the top 3 contenders in a bake off. There's some long shots / dark horses out there ( autoflex, tensei white, Kinetixx, LA Trona ) that I ahve hit well in the past that might get the nod but not likely.

Last edited:
Kinetixx Velocity

I'd love to try a RDX Smoke Red for funsies but I'll most likely be sticking with my Ventus Red the whole year!

Oh the choices….

Rdx black
Rdx red
Ventus blue
Kinetixx launch TP
Etc etc etc..

The Evenflow series has been good to me the last couple years.

When I tested the TSi4 against my gamer it was paired stock with a Tensei Raw white and just blew past the performance.

Even better it is a stock option. Seeing it offered as stock with other OEMs too.

Even lower flight and less spin, but the head plays a part too. Haven't tried that shaft in my old gamer head.

I'd love to try a RDX Smoke Red for funsies but I'll most likely be sticking with my Ventus Red the whole year!
Me too! Def wanna tru the RdX Red.

A sweet arse UST Mamiya shaft!

I went through some trial and error, but settled on the Ventus Blue 6S. Initially I had some issues, but once I fixed my swing, it unlocked some great distance and dispersion for me.

Planning to stick with ventus black 7x.

it’s literally point and shoot for me and is impossible to duckhook it. I can give it my all and it’ll be stable through impact.

Ventus Black 7s is a nice shaft for me. I will explore but it will take a lot to get me to change.

I have one of those and it’s like…

CE8D02BC-8913-4B2C-B229-D63F311E9214.jpeg

One of these.

New Tensei AV White 65X right now. If I don’t agree with that I may look into HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5. I liked it in 6.0 so why not 6.5?!

I went through some trial and error, but settled on the Ventus Blue 6S. Initially I had some issues, but once I fixed my swing, it unlocked some great distance and dispersion for me.

It is such an interesting shaft. When its good, its soooo good. But if something is off, it just beats me up. Drives me kinda bonkers…

It is such an interesting shaft. When its good, its soooo good. But if something is off, it just beats me up. Drives me kinda bonkers…

I struggled with it initially but it was swing related not shaft. Once I swung within myself and created a better tempo, holy moly this thing came alive. Get quick or jerky and its no bueno.

TPT Golf Series 19, 45.5 inches, D3-4

Kicks like a mule when swung as intended (working on that)

If you are unfamiliar with this line, TPT Shafts are machine made and have no spine.

Company Info

Softer
A benefit of playing TPT is that golfers are often able to use a more flexible shaft. This often creates faster swing speeds through better energy transfer (i.e. more shaft “kick”).
Sweeter
Because TPT shafts are more stable and consistent than other driver shafts (no spine), they help golfers contact the sweet spot more often.
Speedier
Faster swing speeds and improved impact consistency create real performance benefits: longer, straighter, and more consistent drives.

Oh, wait, this vid is about their fairway specific shafts and I like it because it's taken on the course where I play, and shows my instructor and some of his "students" ...:D But in the winter.

Last edited:
Just put in the Tensei Blue raw 65 in my c721. Love it in the pro 3 wood so why not give it a shot. Yesterdays sim time with it are very promising.

Back