Your favorite cover by a band/singer

Karmin - Look at me now
Karmin - 6 foot 7 foot
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

This is a fantastic original and this version of it may be even better. Cake kills this song.

I love the Faith No More version

Chris Stapleton- Tennessee Whiskey

Disturbed does some fantastic covers. My favorite is when they do a medley of I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Baba O’Reilly and Killing in the Name Of
The Candyskins-For What It’s Worth
U2-Everlasting Love
Social Distortion-Ring of Fire
Pet Shop Boys-Always on my Mind
Johnny Cash-I Hung My Head
Rage Against The Machine-How I Could Just Kill a Man
Oh, and I’m not sure if this counts but Joe Strummer’s take on Minstrel Boy from Blackhawk Down is pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Joe Cocker - With a Little Help From My Friends

And just for sh!&’s and giggles
Jack Black-Lets Get It On
The Dan Band-Total Eclipse of the Heart
Guy Daniel Francis(Tourettes Karaoke guy)-Lady in Red(NSFW)

This lady had the voice of an angel and is sadly missed.

Heart - Stairway to Heaven
Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and Prince - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Disturbed - Sound of Silence

Love this cover:

I Fought the Law - The Clash (original by the Bobby Fuller Four)

Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies (original by the Velvet Underground)

Many of my favorites have been listed but I'll add this to the mix. MJ even said he may have liked this version better than his own.

Check this one out. He made new lyrics with the same chorus. It's really dope.

Santana, Black Magic Woman. Written by the late Peter Green and recorded by Fleetwood Mac

Clapton was impressed.

I am going with others Who say “Hurt,” but Johnny Cash. So full of emotion...

While my guitar gently weeps, multiple artists in memory of George, but Prince finishing with his guitar solo.
This is one of the greatest YouTube videos in existence. Prince's solo is incredible. I love watching George's son geek out as Prince takes over.

As much as I enjoyed Cream's version, I think Free's version of Crossroads is better, with magnificent guitar by Koss and great vocals.

I'm a big fan of John Mayer's version. John Mayer with Clapton live was pretty cool as well.

Two of the best:

Two of my favorites:

I love covers. A couple that I've discovered recently that I really like:

Jackson Browne's version of Nico's These Days (kind of hard to call this a cover exactly, since I think Browne wrote it for Nico and he played the guitar on her version).

Another "sort of" cover is Bonnie Raitt's duo with John Prine on his Angel from Montgomery. So good.

I've always liked Goodbye Girl by David Gates, but Darius Rucker did a version of it that was amazing.

Back